Epic out of Rome October 20, 2012

sunlovrmap

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Two areas of these boards for you, first is the NCL section. There you can find answers to questions about NCL and the Epic.

The second is the Roll Call. There you can meet others sailing with you. To join, Click Boards at the top of this page, Scroll down to Roll Calls, click on your cruise line, Click on your ship. Find the thread for your sailing.

I was on the Epic in march 2011 in the caribbean, the ship was wonderful, many activities, you'll never get bored! Do try the waterslides, even as an adult you'll love them. I definitely try eating at the la cucina italian restaurant, which i believe is at deck 14, forward. It was delicious, with only a 10 dollar charge, totally worth it!! Also, Le bistro, the french restaurant is good too, but that was a 20 dollar charge. The teppanaki restaurant on board was 25 dollars, but it was worth it, the food was delicious! I also liked the noodle bar with no charge i believe. I also tried 'taste' one night which was good aswell, the epic does not have a regular main dining room like other ships, if you were to say that it had one, the manhattan room would be the one which we did not try. We also tried moderno churrascuria which was i believe a 25 dollar cover charge, but all restaurants that i tried were wonderful! I loved the Epic, im sure you'll have a blast!

PS:Something about the Epic i did not like is that our balcony room was way smaller than your average balcony room on other ships.

TheCruisingQueen :D

Norwegian Jewel 2-night Bahamas (Nov 2009),

Norwegian Epic 7-night Eastern Caribbean (Mar 2011),

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 7-night Western Caribbean(Sept 2011),

Celebrity Equinox 11-night Western Caribbean & Central America(Mar 2012),

Carnival Glory 4-night Canada/New England (Aug 2012),

Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern Caribbean (Feb 2013)

I love the epic, and have cruised it twice. All the speciality restaurants are worth the up charge, and le bistro is the best! For Italy, many in my roll call, including me, are using Rome in limo. When you have 8 people, a full day tour is around 100 bucks each. You'll need a tour for Rome since the port is an hour away. The advice given from previous posters is excellent, as most advice is fom CC.

ENJOY! and if slam Allen is in the blues club, you MUST go.....he's the bomb!

Archived