Hale Koa

BassettMom

I'm booked on a cruise to Hawaii and will be going to Honolulu. I've been there many times and stayed at the Hale Koa and loved the hotel and beach there. Since I've done all the tours/excursions that I'm interested in, I thought it would be nice to just go to the Hale Koa and hang out in the gardens and beach and have lunch. Has anyone gone to the Hale Koa for the day while on a cruise? Wondering if ID card holders who are not booked at the hotel take advantage of the amenities (restaurants, BX, etc.)? I know some folks talk about hanging out at hotel beaches during port calls, and just wondered if anyone did this at the Hale Koa.

Donna

Unless something's changed, yes.

You can't check out beach towels, and you're Space "A" in the pool, but if you have an ID card, you can use the exchange, and eat at the restaurants, and drink at the bars. I don't think they sell a day pass, but you can check their web page and see.

I was there recently, and they checked room keys for towels but I didn't see them check for just going into the pool area. It is packed on the weekends, of course. Even the general public can use the beach, picnic area, and snack bars on the grounds, so I don't see why you'd have a problem.

• 1 month later...

Yes you can. We will be there in October on a 15 day cruise, round trip from Long Beach.

We stayed at the Hale Koa for 10 days in 2009. I fell in love with the place:) and want to return for the day when we dock in Honolulu.

I email the hotel direct last week and received a reply that my DH and are very welcome to spend the day there.

I.D. is all that is required to use the restaurants, BX, and ect while there.

I`m a happy camper now to know I can spend about 12 hours there.;)

Archived