Mazatlan Frank

kmezz

I'm having a problem contacting him. Can anyone help me? I want to know if he can take us on a tour - if not I want to start looking for something else. I e-mail him twice but I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

I'm having a problem contacting him. Can anyone help me? I e-mail him twice but I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

We took the country tour with Frank last month, and he was quite efficient re: e mailing us and answering our questions. Maybe you have the wrong address?? Here's a link to his website in case you don't have it: http://www.mazatlan-frank.com/ Good luck

I'm having a problem contacting him. Can anyone help me? I want to know if he can take us on a tour - if not I want to start looking for something else. I e-mail him twice but I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

I know he is very busy. I talked to him today though. If you need help I'll forward your e mail. E mail m e at sherriko@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a combined country and city tour with Frank that we took on 1/31. Frank is the best guide I have ever had! I think he ruined us for any future tours. I had contacted Frank myself and several emails were exchanged between us. I felt like I knew him before we even met.

Frank was waiting for us when we disembarked exactly where he said he would be, sign and all. He just couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. And he guarantees getting you back to the ship on time.

Do not hesitate to book with Frank. You'll be happy you did!

I am sailing on the Oosterdam April 16th and have been reading about Frank. Can someone give me more information on his tours, where you go, how long, cost etc. I was also thinking about the Sierra Madre 7 hour tour. It is worth it? Has anyone been on it? This is our first time to Mazatlan and we love to sight see, meet the locals, etc. Thanks for the information and any tips.:)

I did get an e-mail from Frank. He is a very nice man and has mapped out a wonderful day for us when we dock on March 25. He usually takes 6 people with him but since there is only 4 of us we are going to pay the price for 6 and have a private tour. It will be an all day event with many stops planned. I'm really happy I contacted him and believe that it will be the highlight of our cruise!

Hi Gordyde!

I'd recommend that you call or e-mail Frank to get specific information. We've had private tours with him twice and highly recommend him. He will work with you. Check out his web site (if you haven't yet). We've been both to Concordia and Copala with all the little stops in between to see the brick maker, the tile maker, the bakery (yummm!!!), the furniture maker with all sorts of ironwood statues, clay pots, very nice silver jewelery, etc. I even arranged for him to look for specific items for me. You can get beautiful hand made crocheted tableclothes and I've bought three so far. With the trip to Copala, you will eat at a very nice Mexican restaurant and with all this, we still had plenty of time to see old Mazatlan. This tour does give you a chance to meet the people - it's a great opportunity. Again, Frank will work with you to tailor your tour the way your group wants it. He is great fun and very much respected in the Mazatlan communities.

Shar

I am sailing on the Oosterdam April 16th and have been reading about Frank. Can someone give me more information on his tours, where you go, how long, cost etc. I was also thinking about the Sierra Madre 7 hour tour. It is worth it? Has anyone been on it? This is our first time to Mazatlan and we love to sight see, meet the locals, etc. Thanks for the information and any tips.:)

Myself and my family agree. Frank is the best. We travel to Mazatlan alot and even our kids, 13 and 15 are entertained by Frank.

Book early as he can book up quick.

Have a great time in my second favorite city. Who knows, may move there some day and then it will be my first favorite city. LOL

Happy Cruising all. I'm looking into going on the Mercury in the near future. We shall see.

Buck

PennyB, did I see on the HAL board that you are booked on the March 5 departure of the Oosterdam? I am on the same cruise, and I contacted Frank last week about doing his tour on March 8, which is when I think we will be in Mazatlan. He did email back within a few hours, saying the day was available, but asking which tour I might want. The tours and prices are available at http://www.mazatlan-frank.com. I haven't decided if I want to book one of his tours yet or not.

I have emailed Frank 3 times and he has never responded. If he is booked it would be nice of him to let me know so I can reserve something else. :mad:

I know Frank was having difficutly with his e mail and he's been extremely busy trying to catch up. Try e mailing him again. He's answering e mails now.

Thanks so much for your information. Definitely decided to do the Sierre Madre Tour. I have sent Frank and email and hopefully he will be available for us.

BuckGilbert thanks for your input also. I'm really looking forward to our trip

Ikohawaii, I took your advice and emailed him again yesterday morning and he answered me back in 20 minutes! We exchanged a couple more emails and now we are booked! Sonoma03 are you booked as well? Frank mentioned that he has 2 other passengers from the Oosterdam that were going. Counting our friends that will be just 6 of us. He said he can somewhat taylor make the tour to the passengers i.e. places/length of time spent. Anyone have some must sees or don't bothers???

Our group from the Mercury toured with Frank in his open air trolley on 2/10. It was a wonderful and informative half day in Mazatlan. We will definitely contact Frank when we return to Mexico and Mazatlan. I would highly recommend Frank as a tour guide. He met us as planned. It is a very efficient operation.

Thanks again Frank for a most enjoyable day!

Nancy

PennyB: yes, my boyfriend and I are booked with Frank for March 8. Your group must be the other 4 people from the Oosterdam that he mentioned. I look forward to meeting you. It is our first time in Mazatlan. We like to take photos, so I hope you and your friends won't mind if we make an extra stop or two if we see anything that would be neat to photograph. :-)

Sonoma03, that is GREAT! Can't wait to meet you, too! No problem at all stopping for pictures. We will be taking pictures ourselves and our friend, Rich, is an amateur photographer with a new digital camera. Have you heard of any must sees? Six hours is a long tour! Looking forward to meeting you... Penny;)

Hi Penny! I'm interested in the places that Frank mentions in his city tour description, including Old Mazatlan, the cathedral, Angela Peralta Theatre, cliff divers, the Malecon, etc. Some shopping time would be nice, especially for local crafts, but I really don't tend to shop much on vacation (well, I don't BUY much anyway!). I also saw the tours for Copala and Concordia, but since Frank has those as separate tours, we probably wouldn't be able to visit those places with the city tour.

• 2 weeks later...
We did the Sierra Madre tour with Frank on 1/26 and it was great -- we would recommend this to anyone! Here's a link to our pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/cynbar101

The picture with the pink walls and furniture...is that the kind of furniture they sell? Or was that somewhere to visit? I'm interested in what kind of furniture they sell.

Archived