What's fun for children?

mjea35

I'll be cruising to St. Maarten in February with my husband and three children, ages 8, 11, and 14. We are looking for something fun to do there, hanging out a great beach would be ok, too. What do you think are the most outstanding choices? Thanks, Jamie

I'll be cruising to St. Maarten in February with my husband and three children, ages 8, 11, and 14. We are looking for something fun to do there, hanging out a great beach would be ok, too. What do you think are the most outstanding choices? Thanks, Jamie

You might consider St. Maarten Park (the local zoo) or The Butterfly Farm, which is located quite close to both Orient Beach and Galion Beach, the best place to take kids on the island.

gary

There will almost certainly be topless women on all beaches on the French side, including Orient. It's the normal custom. Several beaches on the Dutch side are also likely to have toplessness. Full nudity is not as common. Cupecoy (Dutch side) is known for being completely clothing-optional. Club Orient, the fully c/o resort, is at one end of Orient Beach (to the right, facing the water). There will probably be a few fully nude people in the areas closest to it as well (Pedro's/Baywatch). There are usually as least a few fully nude folks who walk the entire stretch of the beach (it's not encouraged, but not illegal).

If you mean to include female toplessness as "nudity," the only way to guarantee that you won't see it is to not go to the beaches on St. Martin. Otherwise, just stay further away from the Club Orient end of Orient and you will probably only see the normal toplessness (and the occassional fully nude stroller).

beachchick

To mjea35,

When we went on the Golden Eagle in July, the boat was full, but there was plenty of walking room and seats. It didn't appear too crowded. There were enough supplies for everyone and most people were off the boat snorkeling and swimming, so it never appeared like it was overcrowded. We had a great time.

Thank you for the great information. There will be 8 or 9 of us travelling altogether. What is the best way to get to Galion or Orient Beach? Is there nudity at both beaches? Jamie

Sounds like a taxi would work well. The Taxi Association Rate Chart lists fares for up to 14 passengers, so it should work for you.

Orient will certainly have nudity, but we've been to Galion a number of times, and even though we haven't spent a LOT of time there, I don't remember any nudity, or even topless women.

gary

Archived