"Yer just gotta larff"

Jimsgirl

Sometimes you just have to wonder at the mentality of the staff

Today had another unprofitable conversation re my claim," Miss Dizzy Daffy" mentioned a pro rata daily rate for Trip interruption claim. Asked why pro rata she then said "Even if you were in a hospital in Belgium you may have received service from the ship????? Clearly a case of the brain behind the tongue being a drive- through!

I had a vision of my favorite waiter from the Chart Room (QM2) climbing into a helicopter on the QM2 halfway across the Atlantic , to bring my favorite cocktail to me in my hospital. room in Belgium (certainly would have helped the taste of the raw herring and dry rye bread which was the hospital meal).

Of course I would have sent him back for a bowl of nuts, being "unreasonable" in my expectations of service!!!!!!.

I called back to speak with another staffer, who did find the remark as ridiculous as I did, and who actually did look at my claim, and told me that although she was not the appraiser, it was noted on the claim that in fact I should receive the full rate for the missed days, which answer satisfied me greatly , it will still be several weeks before the final cheque, but at least I know now that something is happening.

I wait in a happier frame of mind.