So frustrated with our port time...2pm-11pm!

Familycruisers20

• 2 weeks later...
Christmas week, Carnival Breeze

Yeah, unfortunately going that time of year gives you the shortest days as well. I would not count on doing any kind of "in-water" type of excursion.

Arriving at 2 pm get's you off the ship at 2:30 and to a beach or on the water by 3 pm. The sun will start getting low by 4:00 so I would decide on something more like mentioned....sunset cruise.

Yeah, unfortunately going that time of year gives you the shortest days as well. I would not count on doing any kind of "in-water" type of excursion.

Arriving at 2 pm get's you off the ship at 2:30 and to a beach or on the water by 3 pm. The sun will start getting low by 4:00 so I would decide on something more like mentioned....sunset cruise.

Curacao is very close to the equator and the length of day doesn't vary much from summer to winter. The sun will set after 5:00. The port and pontoon walking bridge are beautifully lit at night for good photo ops.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't been to Curacao yet (just a few more days though) so can't really offer up any advice as such but, we used to spend a lot of time on Tortola in the BVI, cruise ships would arrive at 8AM. We felt bad for the passengers because nothing really got going until the evening hours. Many restaurants and bars didn't even open until after 5. The best live music and local food was available in the evening. Perhaps it is similar in Curacao?

Edited by Pyrate13

No, still looking. My sis in law wants to take a cab to a beach to snorkel, but if we get in at 2, off by 2:30, cab it to a beach, then the sun sets between 5 & 6, it's just not much time.

I am thinking more in lines of Irie Tours I want to the the 5 hour one, but I think we will hit dark and miss out, so we might just do the shorter one, see a few things and get back ion ship for dinner then walk back out to see the bridge all lit up. Or whatever there is to see!

Upon further research, we port at 2 ship time, which is 3 local time. I looked at current info for today in Curaçao, and sunset is at 6:08 today. So, my over thinking brain leads me to beLive that.....we port at 3 local time, off by 3:30, even if we do the 3 hour Irie Tour, that puts us prob leaving by 3:45-4, dark at 6, tour back by 7. Does not sound great!

Think this port is a walk off look around, back on the ship for dinner....then maybe back off to see the bridge lit up.

Guess we could cab it to Sea Aqurium beach for a couple of hours....not sure if we want the hassle.

It seems so late to be in port and trying to decide what to do. I see the water should be beautiful there, but realistically, how long do we have of sunlight and how far can we go.

Any input?

I love a late sale away from Curacao, Aruba and San Juan in particular. We always went ashore, made reservations at a restaurant with a view or fantastic menu and enjoyed a drink and dinner. Lovely.