Verizon cell/smartphone service

AACJ

you would need to add an international plan your your basic phone account. I checked the list and Curacao is on it. Plans start as little as $25 a month additional to your basic plan. You can add this for just the time you need it ... I did so for a recent trip to Europe ... they prorated the fee. My international service kicked in the day I landed in Poland and stayed with me thru Hungary, Austria and Germany.

I recommend you CALL and talk to a human tho ... when I tried to do this via the web page it became a wee bit confusing. Talking to a person it took about 5 minutes.

Ah, after reading this, I went to the Verizon website and found it pretty easily. Do you know if this is for one phone only though? Or is it added to our whole bundle? It has me to specify which kind of phone I have, my wife and I have the same kind of phone and it may be nice to have both of our phones on the list if that's possible.

I suppose I can just call Verizon and ask them as well. Yes, their site is quite confusing!

Thanks for the reply!

you would need to add an international plan your your basic phone account. I checked the list and Curacao is on it. Plans start as little as $25 a month additional to your basic plan. You can add this for just the time you need it ... I did so for a recent trip to Europe ... they prorated the fee. My international service kicked in the day I landed in Poland and stayed with me thru Hungary, Austria and Germany.

I recommend you CALL and talk to a human tho ... when I tried to do this via the web page it became a wee bit confusing. Talking to a person it took about 5 minutes.

The fee I mentioned was per line and I only did one phone ... we really only wanted it for emergencies as we had free WiFi access most of the time

I'm not sure about the island and phone types but 'modern' smartphones are able to work both the major technologies which was the big issue in the past (US uses one technology and most of Europe another). An Iphone 5 or newer and you are golden with what you have. I'd told a similar vintage Samsung et al is the same deal but again CALL. There was NO hard sell to get me to buy more .... if anything the rep I talked to went out of their way to minimize my cost.

btw, since I presume your cruise visit is just hours I'd mention that dd's job takes her to Curacao a week every other month (leading groups of 'eco journalists' on dive trips to the island ... rough work but someone has to do it). She's never added this option to her account altho I mentioned. Free Wifi is pretty easy to find in her experience (usually comp'd at a better hotel/resort)

If you only need this for hours and your phone is compat' I believe you can just pay 'roaming fees' also mentioned on the Verizon page . . . depends on how much use you expect to rack up . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 2 months later...