Catholic Churches in St Thomas

MonaCD

Hey Islander, if you're out there, can you tell me if there is a Catholic church within walking distance of the port where we might be able to go to a mass on Christmas day?

Thanks.

There are two Catholic churches that are close to the docks. One is St Anne's in Frenchtown (which is on the way to town if you're coming from Crown Bay). It's on a hill, and there are lots of steps, so if you're not able to climb, this church is not a good option.

In town, there's Sts Peter and Paul Catholic Church which is on lower Main Street past the major shopping area. You can walk there if you're already in town.

Thanks Ms411, now all I need to know is the mass times. This will be the first time I've been south at Christmas and while it's not imperative I get to church Christmas day I think it might not seem like Christmas unless I go to mass. We'll see LOL.

Hello MonaCD,

You'd want to take a taxi from the cruise ship dock to either church. Both are in town area... Frenchtown being just next to downtown.

Called and mass schedule for Christmas Day at Sts. Peter and Paul isn't finalized as yet but will likely be: 8:30am, 10:30am and in Spanish at 12:30pm. No answer at St. Annes.

--Islander

Hello MonaCD,

You'd want to take a taxi from the cruise ship dock to either church. Both are in town area... Frenchtown being just next to downtown.

Called and mass schedule for Christmas Day at Sts. Peter and Paul isn't finalized as yet but will likely be: 8:30am, 10:30am and in Spanish at 12:30pm. No answer at St. Annes.

--Islander

Thanks for checking Islander. We're scheduled to dock at 10:00, hopefully we can make it to 10:30 mass if all goes well, if not we can always go native and attend the Spanish mass. I've attended mass in French and Gaelic and was able to follow along pretty well, don't suppose Spanish would be any more difficult.

Pardon the intrusion, but when I saw the thread title "Catholic Churches" (which is all that showed up on the main page) I thought I'd see what was up.

Did you know that at the website masstimes.org you can find mass around the world?

Wow, that's a great site, expecially for someone who travels. Thanks

• 7 years later...