Best to get over to St. John

takodasmom

We think that Lindqvist is one of the most gorgeous beaches we've had the pleasure to visit. Many people prefer Trunk and Cinnamon but we love Lindqvist and Sapphire. We stay on Sapphire when on a land vacation there because it's the nicest beach that you can actually stay on. But Lindqvist is stunning! :)

Thanks so much for the info. I'm glad we don't have to trek to St John to visit a stunning beach. I love what I'm reading about Lindquist!

I know this has been posted before, but curious if anyone has a sense for what the per person cost would be to venture over to St.John without a ship excursion. NCL is offering 4 different St. John excursions and I am curious as to the price difference of just taking the ferry over on our own.

1. St. John Island Tour for $69pp - does not include beach stop

2. St. John Beach Escape and Snorkel at Trunk Bay for $79pp

3. St. John Eco Hike and Honeymoon Beach for $79pp

4. St. John Champagne Catamaran for $89pp (is this at Trunk Bay? I know this includes some adult beverages and snacks)

I recognize that doing it on our way would obviously not include any food/drinks but I don't think any of the 4 above do either. Thanks for any insights/opinions on this.

Edited by Kenns10

I know red hood ferry is 7/pp but you also have taxi cost from port to red hook and back and I don't know that cost.

We opted for ship tour to take us over this time. It was 70/pp and although it's more than what it would cost us on our own I'm trying their tour anyways

• 2 months later...
As someone who has owned a 2nd home in St. John for 35 years, no one would chose Sapphire beach over a trip to St,.John. Sapphire is a nice beach --but does not compare to the St. John beaches --- St. John is a special place--mostly (2/3) national park. If you just want to enjoy a beach and have limited travel time go to Sapphire. If you want to see one of the world's special places --go to St.John

We would have to agree..Honeymooned in St. Thomas in 1991, took the ferry over to St. John, Trunk Bay for the underwater snorkel trail. Returned in 2011 via cruise ship to St. Thomas..talked 3 other couples we just met on the cruise into going to St. John Trunk Bay with us...they absolutely loved it!!!! Went again on our own off cruise ship last fall....absolutely love the beach at Trunk Bay...one of our top 2 favorite beaches anywhere..gorgeous, unspoiled natural beach. Cruising to St. Thomas again this fall...will probably go back or maybe try Honeymoon Beach this time. Considering the Champagne Catamaran. :)

Everyone has their favorite beach, ours happens to be Smuggler's Cove in Tortola. We like Trunk, and Cinnamon even more. But Sapphire just oozes so much more character in our humble opinion. Many people head straight to STJ and never experience the East End of STT and that's a shame. We found Sapphire after spending time in the BVI and we were very surprised. Yes, the beaches of STJ are nice, but don't discount Sapphire.

• 2 weeks later...

Trunk Bay is beautiful , snorkeling so so. Other beaches cost more to get there on the jitney. Been to St. John's several times. Worth the trip. The ship's tours are always too short. There are so many private tours that are longer and worth it to spend more time on the island.