St. Thomas

We are on the Oasis in September and have a question about St. Thomas.

We are NOT beach people and would like to know if there are any hotels not very far from the Port that allow you to pay to use their pools. I know we can stay on the ship but would like to be on the island for a while.

Thanks

We are NOT beach people and would like to know if there are any hotels not very far from the Port that allow you to pay to use their pools. I know we can stay on the ship but would like to be on the island for a while.

Thanks

You might also want to try the St. Thomas forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Thanks

Take the tram up the "mountain" and then go back to ship and enjoy the beach pool while it's not crowded

Thanks

Sorry, STT isn't a big resort day pass destination so you won't get many good responses on that. You could look at the Bolongo Bay Resort which offered day passes last I knew. Not the best beach but the pool is what you're after. And the Ritz Carlton offered day passes as well but you'd have to contact them for pricing.

The Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel in Lindbergh Bay may still offer day passes which entitle you to the use of their nice little pool with a waterfall and a room for the day so you have a shower and changing room. Also a good restaurant and nice restrooms and located on a nice beach. That would be the closest option from yhttp://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/st-thomas/maps/st-thomas-island-road-map.htmlour port (Crown Bay). Here's a map that points out the ports and areas mentioned -

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/st-thomas/maps/st-thomas-island-road-map.html

The tram that was mentioned is an aerial tram that takes you up to Paradise Point which has a restaurant and bar overlooking the harbor. A great last stop for drinks and the view before returning to the ship but it is located on the other side of Charlotte Amalie so you'd hate to taxi there.

Good luck!

[EDIT] And I forgot to mention the Dreams Sugarbay Resort. That's on the East Emd but a good option for a day pass.

Edited by blue_water

Sorry, STT isn't a big resort day pass destination so you won't get many good responses on that. You could look at the Bolongo Bay Resort which offered day passes last I knew. Not the best beach but the pool is what you're after. And the Ritz Carlton offered day passes as well but you'd have to contact them for pricing.

The Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel in Lindbergh Bay may still offer day passes which entitle you to the use of their nice little pool with a waterfall and a room for the day so you have a shower and changing room. Also a good restaurant and nice restrooms and located on a nice beach. That would be the closest option from yhttp://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/st-thomas/maps/st-thomas-island-road-map.htmlour port (Crown Bay). Here's a map that points out the ports and areas mentioned -

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/st-thomas/maps/st-thomas-island-road-map.html

The tram that was mentioned is an aerial tram that takes you up to Paradise Point which has a restaurant and bar overlooking the harbor. A great last stop for drinks and the view before returning to the ship but it is located on the other side of Charlotte Amalie so you'd hate to taxi there.

Good luck!

[EDIT] And I forgot to mention the Dreams Sugarbay Resort. That's on the East Emd but a good option for a day pass.

Thanks for clarification on Tram. I thought it was an easy walk from Havensight though.

The tram that was mentioned is an aerial tram that takes you up to Paradise Point which has a restaurant and bar overlooking the harbor. A great last stop for drinks and the view before returning to the ship but it is located on the other side of Charlotte Amalie so you'd have to taxi there.

Good luck!

Love that spellcheck!

Senor Frogs has a pool that their customers can use. It's in Havensight on the other side of town like the tram.

Considering this is a RCI board, Havensight isn't the other side of town. ;)

We often watch that pool from the balcony. It always looks empty as I recall

The Allure and the Oasis both dock at Crown Bay. The "smaller" Royal Caribbean ships dock at Havensight.

My bad, I didn't realize that.

Doesn't the Oasis dock at Crown? :confused:

I guess we have only done West on Oasis ships

Considering this is a RCI board, Havensight isn't the other side of town. ;)

We often watch that pool from the balcony. It always looks empty as I recall

Oasis, which OP is asking about, docks at Crown Bay, which is on the other side of town from Havensight where other RCI ships dock.

Oasis, which OP is asking about, docks at Crown Bay, which is on the other side of town from Havensight where other RCI ships dock.

Yes, many people have pointed that out. I have apologized, but thanks for sharing