What would you change on Azamara?

Logos11

I have not been on Azamara in a few years. Our last with them was they only had the wine included. So, the change I would want may have happened. If so please let me know. What I would hope that they did/will change was at the buffet, was how their meal were displayed. Ex., there would be a tray and on it in the center was the main item, such as meat, fish etc. On either side of the main there would be side dishes that go with the main in the same tray. Great idea, for most, but not for me. Many times the main food had some shellfish in it and there for I could not eat any of the side dishes that were in the same tray. So I would like to see each food have its own dish in the buffet, if it has not happened all ready.

I would like to see a sparkling wine included in the daily selections.

This has been discussed in the past and it has been reported that Azamara likes to use the sparkling wine for special events only.

I say an Azamara cruise is a special event and I would like to celebrate it with sparkling wine at more than the special events.

i would like to see a sparkling wine included in the daily selections.

This has been discussed in the past and it has been reported that azamara likes to use the sparkling wine for special events only.

I say an azamara cruise is a special event and i would like to celebrate it with sparkling wine at more than the special events.

+ 1

The one thing I would change (and when you read this you will realise I really am in the first world problems league now) is

I would like a high speed hairdryer with variable temperature control and without a frustrating button to have to hold - I love cruising, but I also love coming home to my own hairdryer :) -no travel dryers ever live up to it and it is too heavy to bring on holiday

i would like to see a sparkling wine included in the daily selections.

This has been discussed in the past and it has been reported that azamara likes to use the sparkling wine for special events only.

I say an azamara cruise is a special event and i would like to celebrate it with sparkling wine at more than the special events.

+ 2!

I would like to see a sparkling wine included in the daily selections.

This has been discussed in the past and it has been reported that Azamara likes to use the sparkling wine for special events only.

I say an Azamara cruise is a special event and I would like to celebrate it with sparkling wine at more than the special events.

+3

In the spirit of compromise with Azamara ;) I wouldn't even mind if they took the bottle of sparkling wine that used to greet me in my cabin as a welcome gift and put it on the upgraded $12.95 beverage package.

• 3 months later...

I really do find the Art Auctions tacky and increasingly intrusive.

On Journey [Malaga - Rio 2014] Looking Glass was frequently inundated with pictures around the middle of the day which rendered it not unusable but unpleasant. Given that there were one or two wet days, inside space was needed.

Frankly most of the pictures I wouldn't hang in the lavatory and if I did bid it would be "£25, and just the frame please!"

Please Az, get rid of this intrusive salesmanship which lowers the tone of the ship/cruise. Use the space freed up in Looking Glass for some more guest lecturers as they seem to be in short supply on the long TA cruises.

When the Le Club Voyage program changed, those who reached the Discoverer Plus level were rewarded with 6 free nights. Those of us who had been with Azamara from the beginning, cruised with Azamara two to three times a year, and had already reached Discoverer Plus level were rewarded with - NOTHING.

I thought this was an unfortunate change and have not been back.

I find it strange that this loyalty program doesn't work for the most loyal customers.

When the Le Club Voyage program changed, those who reached the Discoverer Plus level were rewarded with 6 free nights. Those of us who had been with Azamara from the beginning, cruised with Azamara two to three times a year, and had already reached Discoverer Plus level were rewarded with - NOTHING.

I thought this was an unfortunate change and have not been back.

I find it strange that this loyalty program doesn't work for the most loyal customers.

I thought that had been rectified with free nights when you reach a additional certain number of points (Can't remember how many tho and too lazy to check!!)

Edited by Grandma Gilly

We want Mary back!!!!! It was so pleasurable spending time with this very talented and generous lady pre-dinner. A great way to spend half an hour, with a cocktail, before going into dinner.

We've been to two Azamazing evenings - Gibraltar and Bordeaux. Many, many guests gave a standing ovation at the end of the concert in the cave in Gibraltar. Clearly it was a true Azamazing event. The Bordeaux one wasn't, in my opinion, very good. Even so, it was a memorable experience and an opportunity to visit one of the grand French wineries without outlaying big bucks for a ship or private excursion. I find that the Azamazing night is worth it because it heightens (along with White Night) the sense of expectation pre-cruise. Stick with it. They can (and I expect will) get consistently good.

I'd prefer they get rid of the art auctions. However, if people don't buy, then their presence will become unsustainable. If enough people do buy, then the demand is evidently there.

Cel and I have loved our Azamara cruises, both before and after the changes referred to. We keep coming back because they give us a wonderful experience each time - next one in Asia in two weeks time.

We loved the included mealtime wine on our first couple and were very happy they included spirits and cocktails on our last cruise. We did find the available drinks limited and will buy a package this time. I think this is a good compromise. We're prepared to pay extra to have our preferred drinks, without having to incur a significant extra cost to do so. Works well for us.

Tony

Fix the coffee!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If its not broken don't fix it!

The Presto coffee machine in Windows Cafe makes the best coffee I have ever tasted at sea, and I've cruising for over 30 years!

I'm not sure what beans they use, however the machine makes a blockbuster black coffee.

If its not broken don't fix it!

The Presto coffee machine in Windows Cafe makes the best coffee I have ever tasted at sea, and I've cruising for over 30 years!

I'm not sure what beans they use, however the machine makes a blockbuster black coffee.

Just wish they would stop trying to upsell you the Nespresso products which in my opinion (after 25 years service in the coffee industry) is an inferior product.

Just wish they would stop trying to upsell you the Nespresso products which in my opinion (after 25 years service in the coffee industry) is an inferior product.

Not wanting to be contrary, but my experience differs here. Funnily enough I was thinking Nespresso when the comment about the coffee was made. I really like the standard coffee in Mosaic. In my cruises since the Nespresso offering has been made nobody has ever tried to upsell me it. Appearing on the table menu is as far as it goes.

Oh and I got a Nespresso machine for Christmas and it makes the best frothy coffee I have ever tasted.

Phil

We had not experienced upselling before our November cruise on Journey, norn iron was on the same cruise, it did become a bit tiresome to be asked if you wanted to "upgrade" every time you ordered, this lasted for about the first week.

As regards the quality of the coffee this is very subjective, and from the Presto machine is very dependent on the quality of the bean used and skill of the operator, pod systems such as Nespresso will always be a more consistent product but not as "fresh" due to the manufacturing process. I will say on both Journey and Quest the included coffee has always been of a very acceptable standard, we only drink black coffee as after too many years in the industry I am aware of what goes into some of the coffee & tea whitening products so changed to drinking black tea & coffee many years ago.

By the way at home we also use a pod system, but Tassimo and we are quite happy with the quality

We had not experienced upselling before our November cruise on Journey, norn iron was on the same cruise, it did become a bit tiresome to be asked if you wanted to "upgrade" every time you ordered, this lasted for about the first week.

I was on the same cruise and didn't experience what you describe. Do you mean 'Buy a drinks package' or were you being sold something else?

Mind you I bought a Premium Drinks package as we boarded as it allows me to have a decent beer and a Pimms [Why Pimms isn't a standard drink is beyond me - Probably because it's uniquely English.]

I was on the same cruise and didn't experience what you describe. Do you mean 'Buy a drinks package' or were you being sold something else?

Mind you I bought a Premium Drinks package as we boarded as it allows me to have a decent beer and a Pimms [Why Pimms isn't a standard drink is beyond me - Probably because it's uniquely English.]

We found on our December cruise we were asked each time we ordered a drink ie Gin and Tonic if we wanted to upgrade to a premium product. Again this was tiresome but once the bar staff realised we were happy with the included drinks the requests became less frequent

This was relating to Mosaics and the constant asking if you wanted to upgrade to Nespresso drinks rather than the included coffee. Do have to agree that it's a shame Pimm's is not on the included list a nice cool Pimms on a hot afternoon always goes down well, then Pernod is also on the premium list.

I hope Azamara keeps the Azamazing Evenings. The one we did in Rio wasn't "amazing", but it was a fun way to spend an evening shore and something we wouldn't have been able to do on our own. We are looking forward to the one in Ephesus on our next Azamara trip.

I also hope that the route planners come up with some more interesting Caribbean itineraries. For a cruise line that promotes their "destination immersion" and innovative itineraries, the ports are really nothing special. Most of them are places that any other cruise line visits.

Overall, we really love Azamara and are happy we took the leap to try them.

Michael

I would like to see a sparkling wine included in the daily selections. This has been discussed in the past and it has been reported that Azamara likes to use the sparkling wine for special events only.

Plus 4!! I too would love to have Sparkling Wine included in the 'all-inclusive'. I don't drink spirits, and only white wine, so it seems unfair that my choice (Sparking Wine) is not included. How about it, Azamara...?

• 2 weeks later...
Eliminating the "really expensive" included liquor would reduce Azamara's costs by about $100 per person for a two-week cruise. Would that really make a difference in whether you booked a cruise or not?

Yes !! Since I don't drink I haven't booked Azamara. I think your numbers are way off, RCL charges $55 PER DAY for their all inclusive alcohol package. I sailed on Azamara before it became all inclusive and the prices were lower. I refuse to pay for someone else's alcohol consumption. If they offered a discount to those of us that don't drink I would love to sail on Azamara again.

Carol and John, I agree about the Nespresso, being inferior. I had one for 24 hours and returned to the shop for a full refund.

Over priced, over rated, and an over marketed product.

Having said that, not once was I asked on our last cruise to upgrade to Nespresso.

Edited by norn iron
Added two extra words

We found on our December cruise we were asked each time we ordered a drink ie Gin and Tonic if we wanted to upgrade to a premium product. Again this was tiresome but once the bar staff realised we were happy with the included drinks the requests became less frequent

The easy way to overcome the up sell is to ask for a Gordons (or Beefeater if you have no taste buds) by name.

The biggest issue with the gin is the awful Royal Club Tonic they serve.

We were on the same cruise and when we stopped in Gibraltar and stocked up with 36 tins of Schweppes from Morrison's supermarket, and a couple of the bar staff kept them on reserve for us.

Ironically one we arrived in Rio and new supplies came onboard, Schweppes was freely available.

The easy way to overcome the up sell is to ask for a Gordons (or Beefeater if you have no taste buds) by name.

The biggest issue with the gin is the awful Royal Club Tonic they serve.

We were on the same cruise and when we stopped in Gibraltar and stocked up with 36 tins of Schweppes from Morrison's supermarket, and a couple of the bar staff kept them on reserve for us.

Ironically one we arrived in Rio and new supplies came onboard, Schweppes was freely available.

I like Gordon's ...well Bombay, but not at upsell!! Never, ever in 6 cruises have I Seen Schweppes, always that AWFUL Royal Club Tonic.

If Larry is reading these please note...we DO have tastebuds.

They do do low Cal tonic but it is AWFUL too....never stopped me drinking though.....LOL.

We also visited Morrisons supermarket in Gibraltar ...for the same reason as you!!

Still love Azamara though!