Places to visit at night

BBMacLaird

It seems odd to me to include St. Petersburg on that list. I haven't seen a cruise line that goes there that doesn't overnight (of course maybe I haven't looked hard enough:o)

MSC and Costa don't overnight in St. Petersburg. Most of their itineraries just do daylong visits, which is one of many reasons I won't sail with them :D

Bonnie, this is a great list! I've been to most of these places at night, but these are also places that I can go to over and over again!

Michael

Been to most during the day -- not so much at night unless we stayed pre or post cruise. Start the 2nd Top 10 nights with Hong Kong floating through Victoria Harbor with the light show flashing over you.

Hi Leesre,

how odd. Mine opens fine every time. I wonder if its a UK thing? Anyone else having trouble opening the blog link??

I am in New Zealand just now so it's a non US thing if anything.

Have been to four of them (St Petersburg, Venice, Barcelona, Amsterdam) and would put them all below Paris and New York City. We did to get to St Petersburg for one overnight on a Princess cruise and it was nice. The big problem with St Petersburg is that if you don't get a visa, you must stay with a private tour company or do a ship's tour. Some on that list are on our list for future years.

No I am not on Sky Broadband but still will not open:(

Hi Lessre, our website gurus are looking into this. Can you read the blog if you go directly to website? At the website, look for the Connect-Share button up top. You'll find the blogs there (at least you SHOULD!)

I'm wondering if it's just the link I posted, or the website itself?

We've luckily been to a few on the list. St Mark's Square is particularly good when the massive crowds have left - very atmospheric. We did a ballet shore excursion in St Petersburg and at 10.30pm, it was like pre-dusk, so you'd have to be up late to see it in darkness.

I'll add a few others we've loved, visually, at night :

Paris illuminations (and Lyon);

New York from Rockefeller;

The Bund, Shanghai - right up there with the best and Azamara docks in a great location;

Hong Kong - ditto ship's dock - 8.00pm laser show is good from the ship and the view from the peak is marvellous;

Hoi An, Vietnam (which also boasts the best beach sunrise I've ever seen);

St Michael's Cave, Gibraltar - impressive lighting and acoustics on Azamazing evening and the drive down afterwards is great fun;

Lake Bled, Slovenia - the view across the lake is fairytale and keeps changing along with levels of cloud cover;

Prague - very atmospheric on the other side of the river;

Budapest.

Tony

Not easy for a cruise ship to overnight in Paris.

The article was not on cruise destinations. It said travel destinations. Of course, river cruises dock in Paris. The article also didn't list New York. Maybe the blog should say top ten Azamara cruise destinations you must see at night.

The article was not on cruise destinations. It said travel destinations. Of course, river cruises dock in Paris. The article also didn't list New York. Maybe the blog should say top ten Azamara cruise destinations you must see at night.

Anyone bothering to read the blog should realize its purpose was as described in your second sentence above. Azamara is an ocean cruise line, not a land tour company. Overnights in fabulous ports are one of its hallmarks, differentiating it from most of its competitors, and that's what Bonnie was highlighting in the blog.

Anyone bothering to read the blog should realize its purpose was as described in your second sentence above. Azamara is an ocean cruise line, not a land tour company. Overnights in fabulous ports are one of its hallmarks, differentiating it from most of its competitors, and that's what Bonnie was highlighting in the blog.

Anyone but me. Please excuse my ignorance.

Hi Lessre, our website gurus are looking into this. Can you read the blog if you go directly to website? At the website, look for the Connect-Share button up top. You'll find the blogs there (at least you SHOULD!)

I'm wondering if it's just the link I posted, or the website itself?

Bonnie,

Don't know why but today it opened on first click.

Thanks for looking into it but it now seems to be working after many attempts.

Thanks again.