Cruising from NY in February?????

im4crusin

We are thinking of doing a family cruise in Feb. from NY to the caribbean.... Has anyone done this? What are the seas like, weather in the northern waters? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It's hit or miss depending on the weather. I cruises last NYE (left a few days before) & it was smooth sailing. Even the crew commented that it was unusually mild. Friends on the same trip the year before were tossed about in heavy seas. Prepare for the worst & hope for the best.

We left NYC last February 7th and it was very cold and the seas were a bit rough the first day out. We were lucky though because the two crusies before us had very rough seas. I think you take your chances. That said, I plan to do it again.

We were on the Noordam out of NYC March 21 and had calm seas but weather was cold. On the return trip seas were a little choppy but nothing really. The return trip weather was slightly warmer. As we are from Canada, we usually cruise to escape the cool weather so our next cruise we're leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale. It was great to experience NYC and wouldn't have wanted to have missed that for the world. We also LOVED the beautiful Noordam!!:D

Thank you all for responding. I thought the seas would be a bit rough, just not sure how rough. I think we may chance it... in-laws first cruise and I don't want to scare them away..... or maybe I do ;)

Archived