Viking Paris-Normandy-Paris tour question

firstplacechef

We went in 2011 on the Spirit, and there was no tour to Mont St. Michelle. I have been to Mont St. Michelle and it is right on the Brittany border. It is pretty far from the beaches plus we spent the night in Rouen. Our day was already pretty long. On the bus before 7:00 and off after 8:00 (dinner was late that night). Mt. Michelle is great, but it is a day trip on its on. You would have to see it before or after your cruise. The beaches are very historical and the cemetery experience can not be described. After going to Normandy (the cruise and the 50th Anniversary), it reinforced for me what a hero is.

I agree--Mt.St. MIchelle is magical. When I was there, the tide was out. Far in the distance was a group of riders on horses. They even had long robes! I felt like I had stepped back in time. Also, this was during the 50th Anniversary of D Day and we were there on the day that the Canadian's liberated them. Everything was decorated. There was music. The women had on those beautiful lace hats. It was like being in a National Geographic Special!

Archived