LIVE FROM Liberty of the Seas Repo

Love all the Cow stuff in the sweet, but it does take up a lot of room.

As an FYI, I just read that Voyager and Explorer will be meeting in Sydney Harbor on Saturday evening November 28. On the Royalcaribbean Blog.

http://www.******************.com/2015/11/23/two-royal-caribbean-cruise-ships-set-memorable-meet-sydney-harbor

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by DKNYC

Love all the Cow stuff in the sweet, but it does take up a lot of room.

As an FYI, I just read that Voyager and Explorer will be meeting in Sydney Harbor on Saturday evening November 28. On the Royalcaribbean Blog.

http://www.******************.com/2015/11/23/two-royal-caribbean-cruise-ships-set-memorable-meet-sydney-harbor

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, I commented on the lack of storage space in the cow sweet.

Cool re: voyager and explorer together in Australia... Wish I could be there to see it!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

The only food carver demonstration I saw was at the entrance to the Windjammer on day 10 at lunch time. They did have both food and ice carvings spread across the evening Windjammer and changed them around a bit during the sailing.

I was a bit surprised they did not have an ice carving for the Portofino's brunch that was offered on day 9 of the sailing.

The art for all RCI ships up until Allure had been handled by the Oslo office of the company that is now ICArt (International Corporate Art) and this market of course goes through the same cycles as the international art market.

http://icart.net/clients

Sadly the new RCL has moved away of it's support for the arts and they have given up their RCCL Arts grant in Norway from this year. They had previously been very supportive of the arts and appear to have had a strategy shift recently.

Thanks for sharing this, MADflyer, I wondered who handled their art and design purchasing decisions. Sorry too hear they're not using this company any more!

We are on the last cruise January 3 before dry dock. Glad to hear the library is still open. Can you report what areas are being changed out now? I read on another review that things were already in progress for the upcoming dry dock, and frankly, I'm a little worried about being on the last cruise before the changes. Thanks soooo much!!!! Enjoy your cruise!

We're on this one too, just booked yesterday! Also a bit worried about works going on - but got it for a bargain with drinks and tips included, so not feeling too bad :-)

Hi everyone, as I just said in my last post, we've booked the 3rd Jan sailing on Liberty just last night. Really looking forward to it! This will be my 15th RCI cruise (I think) and afterwards we'll go up from Emerald to Diamond. Just in time for our Harmony TA later next year.

Thank you so much for all the info about the ship Denise - it really helps. I will definitely look out for the guitar player and I hope he is still on board. We had an amazing piano player on Anthem earlier this year in the Schooner Bar and went to see him every evening, so I understand how finding a good musician can really help to make a cruise.

Anyway, my questions are really more about Galveston, if anyone on here can help me:

1. I saw about it being a temporary facility while they refurb the port. Does anyone know what the embarkation process was like on the 1st cruise going back out again after this one? We're planning to get there early just to be sure!

2. We have two nights in Galveston beforehand - any recommendations for things to do and places to go would be much appreciated. We love nice bars and restaurants, and we're into photography, so nice outdoor stuff probably more our thing than museums etc.

3. We've booked the Hotel Galvez at the moment but this is fully cancellable. We know it's a walk or taxi ride to The Strand from there and we don't mind too much, but are open to the idea of moving closer to there and the port - maybe the Tremont or Harbor House. Any advice on whether this would be a good decision?

4. Any recommendations on the best way to get to Galveston from George Bush airport? We're thinking Super Shuttle, or someone on Tripadvisor recommended Island Breezes. Any other suggestions welcome!

Think those are the main things :-) Thank you!

Hi everyone, as I just said in my last post, we've booked the 3rd Jan sailing on Liberty just last night. Really looking forward to it! This will be my 15th RCI cruise (I think) and afterwards we'll go up from Emerald to Diamond. Just in time for our Harmony TA later next year.

Thank you so much for all the info about the ship Denise - it really helps. I will definitely look out for the guitar player and I hope he is still on board. We had an amazing piano player on Anthem earlier this year in the Schooner Bar and went to see him every evening, so I understand how finding a good musician can really help to make a cruise.

Anyway, my questions are really more about Galveston, if anyone on here can help me:

1. I saw about it being a temporary facility while they refurb the port. Does anyone know what the embarkation process was like on the 1st cruise going back out again after this one? We're planning to get there early just to be sure!

2. We have two nights in Galveston beforehand - any recommendations for things to do and places to go would be much appreciated. We love nice bars and restaurants, and we're into photography, so nice outdoor stuff probably more our thing than museums etc.

3. We've booked the Hotel Galvez at the moment but this is fully cancellable. We know it's a walk or taxi ride to The Strand from there and we don't mind too much, but are open to the idea of moving closer to there and the port - maybe the Tremont or Harbor House. Any advice on whether this would be a good decision?

4. Any recommendations on the best way to get to Galveston from George Bush airport? We're thinking Super Shuttle, or someone on Tripadvisor recommended Island Breezes. Any other suggestions welcome!

Think those are the main things :-) Thank you!

Hi GT, I hope you have a great cruise and welcome to diamond!!

Glad to hear the review was helpful... More photos still to come... I recommend reading through our roll call for this sailing... There were MANY locals who posted ideas for cool stuff to do in Galveston... So much that I made a word doc to save for future cruises from that port (alas, I couldn't stay even one day this time as i was flying out to meet my daughter for a long-planned Orlando trip).

I know a couple people took a cab to Texas city to rent a car (cheaper than at port or airport), booked a private tour at NASA... I'd be interested in the historic buildings in Galveston though that might not be your thing... Have fun researching options! :-)

Voytek in Bolero's

chihuli%252520style%252520art%252520in%252520boleros.jpg

Basil Menu Appetizers: Summer fruit medley (pineapple, papaya, mango, kiwi, strawberry, coconut and pistachio yogurt), smoked duck breast, arugula and pear salad. Yum!

arugula%252520and%252520pear%25252C%252520smoked%252520duck%25252C%252520tropical%252520fruit.jpg

Beef two ways:

filet%252520of%252520beef.jpg

Beautiful towel animal

towel%252520animal%252520%2525233.jpg

Day #7-MDR Lunch (looks like Octopus salad, yum)

octopus%252520salad.jpg

Apple packet with vanilla ice cream

apple%252520packet.jpg

(I'm reading along in my notes as I post photos, trying to keep them in order... so sorry I can't go back and insert them on the appropriate days in the review!)

Seventies Night on the Promenade - YMCA!

70s%252520show.jpg

Doing the bump with the Indian (Godfrey)

doing%252520the%252520bump.jpg

With Activities Director Gio

70s%252520night%252520with%252520gio.jpg

OMG could my smile be any bigger? Just finished doing the conga line right behind DJ Tony Scott... after catching his shirt when he tore it off onstage!

igot%252520his%252520shirt.jpg

Finishing off the event with a selfie with Cruise Director Dru!

with%252520dru.jpg

Divers heading out to the reefs:

divers%252520paradise.jpg

Local Papaya, coconut and bananas:

local%252520fruits.jpg

Bought pepper gouda from portside vendors:

dutch%252520cheese.jpg

Lovely Liberty tied up in port:

liberty%252520in%252520curacao.jpg

(This reminds me of a similar photo I took of Explorer last year... notice the lifeboat hanging down, victim of a rogue wave on our journey down from Bayonne!)

curacao%252520explorer%2525202014.jpg

Closeup of damaged lifeboat on Explorer in 2014:

explorer%252520lifeboat.jpg

Missed my pre-excursion breakfast photo of French Toast in the MDR:

french%252520toast.jpg

After we got back onboard and I cleaned up from a day of snorkeling, I went to Sorrentos for a snack and to watch the Dreamworks "Move it Move it" parade

Sorrento's Salad

sorrentos%252520salad.jpg

Move it Move it

move%252520it%252520knights.jpg

move%252520itpeople.jpg

po%252520and%252520friends.jpg

move%252520it%2525202.jpg

(More with Alex and King Julien later in the cruise)