CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

I can't help you with the time questions because I haven't gone through an immigration check in Bar Harbor in several years and CBP's procedures change constantly. I also haven't cruised from Cape Liberty since the new terminal opened so I have no feel for how quickly they clear you there.

Global Entry is of no relevance for your cruise. The only cruise port that has been identified as having a separate Global Entry line is Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. Other than that one port, Global Entry only speeds you through customs and immigration in airports.

Got it, thanks!

I've used them in the past and was very satisfied. I recommend them all the time and other cruisers have been satisfied. They are a faith based operation and always respond to my questions or comments. And I really like that they quote tax included. I'm cruising from Cape Liberty in Feb and if I drive instead of taking the train, I will be using them at the Ramada.

I'm not keen about the Best Western location on the west side of the airport. That's not a hotel that we typically recommend.

Thank you Carol for your information. We are cruising on September 4th's Summit to New England/Canada.We have already booked SpringHill Suites at Newark airport. What transportation do you recommend my husband and I use to get to/from the cruise terminal? We we go directly to airport on return.

:)Annette

Thank you Carol for your information. We are cruising on September 4th's Summit to New England/Canada.We have already booked SpringHill Suites at Newark airport. What transportation do you recommend my husband and I use to get to/from the cruise terminal? We we go directly to airport on return.

:)Annette

You have to book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo. For a budget option try Independent driver - 888-816-0973

inde.drvr@gmail.com

Well that is interesting. I thought we all had the same itinerary on the fall Summit cruises. Obviously, I was mistaken because we do the Canadian ports first on the 10/2/16 sailing and come back via the American ports! I will still be interested in how your cruise is in September and if you have any tips along with a fall color update.

I also assumed we all had the same itinerary. Live and learn. I wonder if you have more time in Sidney than we do. We only have 7 hrs, which really means 6- 6 1/2 so cannot go that far. Last year they had longer. I do not expect much fall foliage yet on my trip

I also assumed we all had the same itinerary. Live and learn. I wonder if you have more time in Sidney than we do. We only have 7 hrs, which really means 6- 6 1/2 so cannot go that far. Last year they had longer. I do not expect much fall foliage yet on my trip

We have the same 7 hours in Sydney but since it is a tender port it will be considerably less you are right. It looks like we are the only itinerary the Summit has with the Canadian ports first--go figure! So I have no one to ask about the immigration process in Bar Harbor--I guess it will be a surprise! Happy cruising!

Edited by Edgewater601

We have the same 7 hours in Sydney but since it is a tender port it will be considerably less you are right. It looks like we are the only itinerary the Summit has with the Canadian ports first--go figure! So I have no one to ask about the immigration process in Bar Harbor--I guess it will be a surprise! Happy cruising!

And we are not tendering there. So strange.

I am starting to research hotels & transportation for my Sept. 2017 cruise on the Anthem....I will have Holiday Inn Reward points I was hoping to use...but the only Hotel I can find in the area is across from the Newark airport...they have an airport shuttle which is great...but is it going to be terribly expensive for me to get to the port the next day? I will be traveling solo....open to all hotel suggestions...the free night would be nice...but not if it's going to cost me more in travel expenses later...

Edited by kc320

I am starting to research hotels & transportation for my Sept. 2017 cruise on the Anthem....I will have Holiday Inn Reward points I was hoping to use...but the only Hotel I can find in the area is across from the Newark airport...they have an airport shuttle which is great...but is it going to be terribly expensive for me to get to the port the next day? I will be traveling solo....open to all hotel suggestions...the free night would be nice...but not if it's going to cost me more in travel expenses later...

I'm also a solo traveler. A free hotel is a free hotel, but......it will cost you $55-65 to get to Cape Liberty by taxi or car service. Coming back you can get a shared shuttle from the port to the airport for $28.50. You may be able to buy a cruise transfer from RCL for the trip from EWR to the port which would be in the $28.50 range.

There are no hotels close to the port, so staying any closer is not really an option.

I will be on the Sept 9, 2017 Anthem, also as a solo. What cruise are you on??.

I too was having a hard time finding out how to get to the port etc when I found this blog. Thanks to Carol, who is the guru of all things Cape Liberty, I am now planning on using Trinity Reservations to book a room for the night before the cruise with shuttle to the port the next day. The company just posted on their website that they will be offering packages without the parking included, since many of us fly in and don't need to pay extra for that option. I also don't need shuttle back to the airport, am going to do the ship excursion post cruise that has a short NYC tour with drop off at airport. She has also suggested a few other options for hotels and private car service. As a solo, the car services and taxis are pretty expensive.

Suggest you scroll back several pages and you will find my posts and her responses. It was a big surprise to me that the local hotels do not consider Cape Liberty a major revenue source and therefore do not cater to that market. The hotels around Newark Airport have widely varying reviews, which is always a concern for me, especially safety and cleanliness. Carol has suggested some hotels she uses, which Trinity also has contracts with, so about 6 months out I will work with them and see what is available.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Carol...so I might as well take the free hotel & pay for a transfer, because paying for a hotel with a transfer to the port will be even more expensive...do you know if there are any places to eat around that hotel? They do have an in house restaraunt so if not I can always eat there...

Fran...I am on the Sept. 14th Canada/NE cruise....I did read you & Carol's prior posts and agree I would be lost planning this if it wasn't for the help from a local! I see you are from Deland...I'm about an hour west of you in Ocala...

Edited by kc320

I will be on the Sept 9, 2017 Anthem, also as a solo. What cruise are you on??.

I too was having a hard time finding out how to get to the port etc when I found this blog. Thanks to Carol, who is the guru of all things Cape Liberty, I am now planning on using Trinity Reservations to book a room for the night before the cruise with shuttle to the port the next day. The company just posted on their website that they will be offering packages without the parking included, since many of us fly in and don't need to pay extra for that option. I also don't need shuttle back to the airport, am going to do the ship excursion post cruise that has a short NYC tour with drop off at airport. She has also suggested a few other options for hotels and private car service. As a solo, the car services and taxis are pretty expensive.

Suggest you scroll back several pages and you will find my posts and her responses. It was a big surprise to me that the local hotels do not consider Cape Liberty a major revenue source and therefore do not cater to that market. The hotels around Newark Airport have widely varying reviews, which is always a concern for me, especially safety and cleanliness. Carol has suggested some hotels she uses, which Trinity also has contracts with, so about 6 months out I will work with them and see what is available.

Hope that helps.

I've emailed trinity reservations to see if Cape Liberty is on their list for a sleep cruise package.

Have you joined your "roll call"? Perhaps there is someone also staying at the Holiday Inn and you can share a ride and split the cost.

Have you joined your "roll call"? Perhaps there is someone also staying at the Holiday Inn and you can share a ride and split the cost.

I have thanks....right now it's pretty quiet...but maybe I will get lucky later & find someone to share with.

I have thanks....right now it's pretty quiet...but maybe I will get lucky later & find someone to share with.

My roll call is also slow. I will ask later where others are staying.

Carol, thanks for contacting Trinity, will be interested in their reply.

At least I have some options that are feasible.

When I stayed at a Newark hotel, I had the front desk call a taxi for me. I noticed several people were taking taxi's also. This month I paid $45 plus tolls for 2-4 people from the airport to the port.

You might consider hanging around the hotel lobby before calling a taxi and asking someone with cruise cabin tags if they'd like to share a taxi to the port. Or when you check in ask the desk if someone wants a taxi you 'd be willing to share.

• 2 weeks later...
If not buying in person at the theatre itself, is there always a 40% or so service charge for buying broadway tickets online in advance?

Thanks.

No! Purchase the tickets directly from the show's official webpage. There is a link to where to purchase tickets, usually Ticketmaster or Telecharge depending on the theater.

There are also discount ticket websites where you can use the link and the code they give you for discount tickets. These websites are free. Playbill.com and Theatremania.com are two I use. You might have to sign up with your email but there is no fee to join.

There are ticket brokers and you would only use these if you were looking for tickets to a hot show such as Hamilton and willing to pay whatever it costs.

Which show are you interested in? Maybe we can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We want to see Phantom of the Opera on October 13. Thanks for your help.

No! Purchase the tickets directly from the show's official webpage. There is a link to where to purchase tickets, usually Ticketmaster or Telecharge depending on the theater.

There are also discount ticket websites where you can use the link and the code they give you for discount tickets. These websites are free. Playbill.com and Theatremania.com are two I use. You might have to sign up with your email but there is no fee to join.

There are ticket brokers and you would only use these if you were looking for tickets to a hot show such as Hamilton and willing to pay whatever it costs.

Which show are you interested in? Maybe we can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We want to see Phantom of the Opera on October 13. Thanks for your help.

Go to Playbill.com Click on Discount Tickets --->The Phantom of the Opera

After you chose and pay for your tickets you print them out.

You can also call and order the tickets and pick up at box office

212-239-6200

Code: PH2PBE8

DISCOUNTED TICKET INFORMATION

Valid Thru: October 29, 2016

Show: The Phantom of the Opera

Now – October 29, 2016

Monday - Thursday Evenings & Thursday Matinees

$79 - $89 Select Orchestra & Front Mezzanine

$39 - $69 Rear Mezzanine

$29 Rear Mezzanine (Full-Price)

Friday Evenings & Saturday Matinees

$89 - $105 Select Orchestra & Front Mezzanine

$55 - $65 Rear Mezzanine

Okay you guys all seem so helpful

So here is what I'm looking for

April 7 arrival

April 9 to cruise in Bayonne on anthem 8 days

8 people (4 adults and 4 kids)

2 rooms

Coming from Baltimore

Ideally indoor pool for the kids to run off the crazies

Saturday the 8th want to go into nyc for the day do one of the hop on hop off bus things

Looking for a hotel with easy access into nyc

We are okay with driving to the port and parking there Sunday

What's my best hotel option????