3 night Sensation: What to Expect

soxfan7

Hello!

This is my first time on Carnival, we are going with a group of 7 girls for the weekend and wondering what to expect. Is there any kind of formal night or night we need to dress up so we are all prepared and bring the right clothes? I've only been on a week long cruise, so not sure how the 3 night-ers work. Needless to say, I am looking forward to it!!

Whatever you do= do NOT compare a 3 day cruise with a 7 day one as they are in no way comparable.

3 day cruises are more party ships then a 7 day one.

people hurrying to sqeeze as much into that 3 day cruise as they would a 7 day cruise.

You still will have the shows at night- the formal nights are not as "formal" as the 7 day ones.

Whatever you do= do NOT compare a 3 day cruise with a 7 day one as they are in no way comparable.

3 day cruises are more party ships then a 7 day one.

people hurrying to sqeeze as much into that 3 day cruise as they would a 7 day cruise.

You still will have the shows at night- the formal nights are not as "formal" as the 7 day ones.

Its because they have been eliminated fleetwide.New dress codes,even dress shorts are now allowed in the dining room.Consult the website for the new codes and new night descriptions.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Now that we are getting closer, I am trying to find the dress code for the formal night online but I can't. We will all probably bring cocktail-y type dresses we would wear to a wedding. Will we be out of place with this? Thanks!

Now that we are getting closer, I am trying to find the dress code for the formal night online but I can't. We will all probably bring cocktail-y type dresses we would wear to a wedding. Will we be out of place with this? Thanks!

"Formal night" is a thing of the past. Now they have "cruise elegant" night and here is the dress code:

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

You won't be out of place at all. A lot of us like dressing up and looking decent on "elegant" night.

Archived