Final Documents & Luggage Tags

BBMacLaird

Below is an outline of How & When you can expect your Final Documents and Luggage Tags. This information will also be available on our website in the near future.

A couple disclaimers:

1) this information may vary a bit in markets other than the North American market.

2) please note that there are a few changes planned later in 2016. Once I have received what they'll be, I'll update this information for you.

Lastly, I want to thank those of you who called our attention to the need for this information.

WHEN / HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY AZAMARA CLUB CRUISES FINAL GUEST DOCUMENTS (E-Docs) & XPRESS (BOARDING) PASS?

1. Final Guest Cruise Documents (aka E-Docs): Like all businesses we are moving to a digital environment. Our final guest documents are automated and an email is sent out when they are ready to be retrieved online, not printed and mailed.

2. When Can I Expect the Email: The automated email messaging that E-Docs are ready (for US & Canadian bookings) begins at 49 days prior to the sailing date provided:

1a. The booking is paid in full.

1b. There are no waitlisted items.

1c. Air is finalized, if purchasing ChoiceAir.

(Note: the timing may vary in other countries.)

3. Who Receives the Email: the email notifying the availability of E-Docs will be sent to the email address noted on the booking reservation, which can be either the Guest or the Travel Agent. Note: the email for Group guests always goes to the travel agency of record. The agent then manually forwards the notification to the individual guests.

4. To Access E-Docs: The email will provide a link to the documents. Guests/ Travel Agent will enter the reservation number, guests’ last name, ship and sail date to access the documents.

5. How to Proceed: The email will instruct Guests/Travel Agent to print and carry these documents for the boarding process, as well as the required forms of citizenship and identification (i.e., a valid Passport, visas as required or other Department of Homeland Security approved documents).

6. Online Check-In: The email will also provide information and a link to the Online Check-In, which is available up to 4 days prior to the voyage embarkation date. Note: the Online Check-In is recommended but is not mandatory. If Guest elects to not complete the Online Check-In, all paperwork will need to be completed on the pier before boarding.

7. What does Online Check-In Involve: Guests who do Online Check-In will be asked to complete immigration and embarkation forms, accept the Cruise Ticket Contract, and set up their Onboard Expense Account. They are also asked to print the Xpress Pass (aka Boarding Pass) which will reduce the time required to complete check-in formalities on the day of ship embarkation.

WHEN / HOW CAN I EXPECT MY LUGGAGE TAGS?

8. E-Luggage Tags: A luggage tag, specific to your ship, stateroom and sailing date will be included in Guest’s E-Doc mentioned above. Guests/Travel Agent will print out as many luggage tags as needed, preferably in color, to be affixed to your checked luggage prior to departing home along with another form of I.D., such as a name tag.

9. Hard-Copy Printed Luggage Tags (For U.S. & Canadian Guests only): for the time being pre-printed paper Luggage Tags may be requested. Guests/Travel Agent may request that Azamara mail personalized pre-printed luggage tags before leaving home. This is done via the Online Check-In section and must be received no later than 14 days prior to sail date. Note: the e-message “exceeded our permissible limits” is received after two requests for Pre-printed Luggage Tags.

10. Pier-side Luggage Tags: Generic Luggage Tags are always available from our porters at the pier. Guest will fill out the Luggage Tags with name and stateroom/ suite number using the Xpress Pass as your guide prior to handing over luggage to our Porters.

AZ Final Doc and luggage tags overview.pdf

Bonnie:

You left out an important fact about ordering printed luggage tags - the online check in window to order luggage tags does not appear until about 45 days before the date of the cruise.

Bonnie:

You left out an important fact about ordering printed luggage tags - the online check in window to order luggage tags does not appear until about 45 days before the date of the cruise.

You are correct. The 45-day timing you mention corresponds with the approx 49 days out, when the E-Docs become accessible. The luggage tags are linked to the E-Docs.

Hi,does any one know what the 'S' stands for next our names on the xpress pass ?

That always shows up as broken link next to my name and a blank square on my XPress passes. It's not anything important. It might be S for "Select" being your Celebrity Captain's Club level perhaps? No significance though.

That always shows up as broken link next to my name and a blank square on my XPress passes. It's not anything important. It might be S for "Select" being your Celebrity Captain's Club level perhaps? No significance though.

I have an E next to my name on my Xpress pass Phil, so you are probably correct. Never thought of that! Clever man. :)

I have an E next to my name on my Xpress pass Phil, so you are probably correct. Never thought of that! Clever man. :)

We have an E ( in blue) next to our names, which surprises me, as so far we haven't cruised with Azamara, but are Elite with Celebrity. As this is an Azamara cruise, I am surprised that it is in Celebrity notation ( thought it might have been D for Discover)

I remember prior to our first 2013 cruise, I had E, but my husband had S.

I actually rang Celebrity UK, as we had both become Elite after our 2 day Amsterdam to Southampton cruise and have always cruised together.

It was put right, but after our last cruise, I checked our points total and noticed that again my points had been upgraded, but my husband's hadn't since 2013.

It has now been set correctly, but I fail to see why he is not upgraded, when both our Captains Club numbers are on the booking form.

Can't be that for us,as we've never been on celebrity.Explorer on Azamara though.

Can't be that for us,as we've never been on celebrity.Explorer on Azamara though.

Explorer on Azamara equates to Select on Celebrity so that would be your level on Celebrity irrespective of having never sailed with them.

We have E in a blue box next to ours and we are Discoverer Plus so Elite Plus on Celebrity, looks like the system can only pick up the Celebrity level to display.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think my genius friend Phil is right Genine ....he usually is with anything Azamara related!

They are using Celebrity notations on the Xpress pass. It doesn't matter whether you have ever cruised on Celebrity before because the Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage tiers are interchangeable on each brand. Therefore if you are Explorer on Azamara, you will be Select on Celebrity. Upwarduk is Elite on Celebrity and that transfers as Discoverer on Azamara, so she has an E next to her name. My mother is Adventurer on Azamara, so despite her never sailing on Celebrity she has the Celebrity equivalent of C for Classic notation next to her name on her Xpress pass. I have the E for Elite as I'm Discoverer on Azamara.

Not really important of course, but it does now makes perfect sense. :)

Sorry Riocca, didn't see your post!

Edited by Lottie A
Another post explained it better!

Below is an outline of How & When you can expect your Final Documents and Luggage Tags. This information will also be available on our website in the near future.

A couple disclaimers:

1) this information may vary a bit in markets other than the North American market.

2) please note that there are a few changes planned later in 2016. Once I have received what they'll be, I'll update this information for you.

Lastly, I want to thank those of you who called our attention to the need for this information.

WHEN / HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY AZAMARA CLUB CRUISES FINAL GUEST DOCUMENTS (E-Docs) & XPRESS (BOARDING) PASS?

1. Final Guest Cruise Documents (aka E-Docs): Like all businesses we are moving to a digital environment. Our final guest documents are automated and an email is sent out when they are ready to be retrieved online, not printed and mailed.

2. When Can I Expect the Email: The automated email messaging that E-Docs are ready (for US & Canadian bookings) begins at 49 days prior to the sailing date provided:

1a. The booking is paid in full.

1b. There are no waitlisted items.

1c. Air is finalized, if purchasing ChoiceAir.

(Note: the timing may vary in other countries.)

3. Who Receives the Email: the email notifying the availability of E-Docs will be sent to the email address noted on the booking reservation, which can be either the Guest or the Travel Agent. Note: the email for Group guests always goes to the travel agency of record. The agent then manually forwards the notification to the individual guests.

4. To Access E-Docs: The email will provide a link to the documents. Guests/ Travel Agent will enter the reservation number, guests’ last name, ship and sail date to access the documents.

5. How to Proceed: The email will instruct Guests/Travel Agent to print and carry these documents for the boarding process, as well as the required forms of citizenship and identification (i.e., a valid Passport, visas as required or other Department of Homeland Security approved documents).

6. Online Check-In: The email will also provide information and a link to the Online Check-In, which is available up to 4 days prior to the voyage embarkation date. Note: the Online Check-In is recommended but is not mandatory. If Guest elects to not complete the Online Check-In, all paperwork will need to be completed on the pier before boarding.

7. What does Online Check-In Involve: Guests who do Online Check-In will be asked to complete immigration and embarkation forms, accept the Cruise Ticket Contract, and set up their Onboard Expense Account. They are also asked to print the Xpress Pass (aka Boarding Pass) which will reduce the time required to complete check-in formalities on the day of ship embarkation.

WHEN / HOW CAN I EXPECT MY LUGGAGE TAGS?

8. E-Luggage Tags: A luggage tag, specific to your ship, stateroom and sailing date will be included in Guest’s E-Doc mentioned above. Guests/Travel Agent will print out as many luggage tags as needed, preferably in color, to be affixed to your checked luggage prior to departing home along with another form of I.D., such as a name tag.

9. Hard-Copy Printed Luggage Tags (For U.S. & Canadian Guests only): for the time being pre-printed paper Luggage Tags may be requested. Guests/Travel Agent may request that Azamara mail personalized pre-printed luggage tags before leaving home. This is done via the Online Check-In section and must be received no later than 14 days prior to sail date. Note: the e-message “exceeded our permissible limits” is received after two requests for Pre-printed Luggage Tags.

10. Pier-side Luggage Tags: Generic Luggage Tags are always available from our porters at the pier. Guest will fill out the Luggage Tags with name and stateroom/ suite number using the Xpress Pass as your guide prior to handing over luggage to our Porters.

Hmmm....have not yet received email notification of edocs for our sept 9th cruise. Neither has my TA. Last 2 cruises we have had issues with online checkin. Have had to call to complete the process and get our Xpress pass. Somehow the system will not accept my husband's passport information! In our experience, the online process has been less than smooth.

Ordered luggage tags a few weeks ago. Have not received them yet. I know we can check our bags at the pier or, print off the digital tags. It is just not the same as opening the mailbox a few weeks before your cruise and receiving personalized tags.

We must be on the same cruise:) I completed as much as I could about 3 weeks ago but was told by "Iglu" that because a flight was involved we would not be able to complete or print luggage lables till 2weeks before departure.But of course I still check everyday.:)

Hmmm....have not yet received email notification of edocs for our sept 9th cruise. Neither has my TA. Last 2 cruises we have had issues with online checkin. Have had to call to complete the process and get our Xpress pass. Somehow the system will not accept my husband's passport information! In our experience, the online process has been less than smooth.

Ordered luggage tags a few weeks ago. Have not received them yet. I know we can check our bags at the pier or, print off the digital tags. It is just not the same as opening the mailbox a few weeks before your cruise and receiving personalized tags.

We must be on the same cruise I completed as much as I could about 3 weeks ago but was told by "Iglu" that because a flight was involved we would not be able to complete or print luggage lables till 2weeks before departure.But of course I still check everyday.

See post 1259

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2109945&page=63

Edited by upwarduk

We must be on the same cruise:) I completed as much as I could about 3 weeks ago but was told by "Iglu" that because a flight was involved we would not be able to complete or print luggage lables till 2weeks before departure.But of course I still check everyday.:)

We are in the same position as yourself [and with the same TA]. Printed everything out some weeks ago except for the e-docks which are not yet shown as available. Spoke to Azamara over a week ago [and about the baggage allowance for the return flight]. The person I spoke to said that she would get back to me -but guess what, nothing. I then spoke to the TA who said that the final documents would be sent to me about 7 days before departure.

In the "old days" Bill Lieber had set up an arrangement for group flight bookings to be broken down to individual passenger level one month before the flight. This meant you could go online and reserve seats etc - an excellent arrangement which seems to have fallen by the wayside since his sad death.

For those who have all the details for the flight from Montreal to Heathrow do you know the baggage allowance? The tickets have been booked as Tango flights which do not have an included hold baggage allowance. I assume that Azamara will have paid for hold baggage but I have no idea for how much.

We shouldn't be faced with these problems but I realize that it is extremely unlikely that anything will change now.

I have had the same experience with iglu saying final docs including transfer/hotel vouchers would only be sent a week before the cruise. I don't like waiting that long as it's a pain having to get any potential errors sorted out at such short notice. So I emailed Azamara UK direct and received a reply the same day from Guatamala attaching everything in PDF format. This was approx 4 weeks before the cruise. Maybe you could try emailing them too? It is annoying not being able to access the docs from the the website if you live outside the U.S.

We haven't received our eDocs yet either, does seem very archaic approach. Have taken your advice and emailed uk customer service. We too booked through Iglu and to be honest it took them 2 weeks to forward on our final invoice.

For those who have all the details for the flight from Montreal to Heathrow do you know the baggage allowance? The tickets have been booked as Tango flights which do not have an included hold baggage allowance. I assume that Azamara will have paid for hold baggage but I have no idea for how much.

Hi Berkshire boy,

We booked direct with Azamara.

My information is that we are on an Air Canada flight from Montreal (YUL)

AC 864, which departs at 20.00 on 24 Sept and arrives at LHR on 25 th Sept at 07.25.

Luggage allowance is 23kg with 10 kg hand luggage.

Hope this helps.

… The tickets have been booked as Tango flights which do not have an included hold baggage allowance. I assume that Azamara will have paid for hold baggage but I have no idea for how much.
Tango is the lowest economy class of Air Canada. Baggage allowance normally depends on your status with AC and/or with Star Alliance. You can check typical baggage limits and fees here:

https://beta.aircanada.com/content/aircanada/ca/en/aco/home/plan/baggage/checked.html

For YUL-LHR in Tango with no carrier status, 1st bag free - max weight 23 kg, max linear 158 cm. 2nd bag - C$100 + tax. Any additional bags - C$225 + tax. The fine print says that final baggage allowance and service fees ultimately charged may differ from those displayed as they are based on the date of ticketing and are available on the itinerary-receipt once a booking has been completed. Hope you travel light or AZ has negotiated better terms!

Hi Berkshire boy,

We booked direct with Azamara.

My information is that we are on an Air Canada flight from Montreal (YUL)

AC 864, which departs at 20.00 on 24 Sept and arrives at LHR on 25 th Sept at 07.25.

Luggage allowance is 23kg with 10 kg hand luggage.

Hope this helps.

We are on a BA flight from Montreal to LHR at 22.00. I assume our luggage allowance is also 23kg. Still waiting for the e docs here too