Live from the Westerdam - Panama Canal Repositioning

TheSecondSister

Well, my bags are packed, my camera is at the ready and in about 3 hours my sister, mom and I will be at pier 91 in Seattle getting ready to board the Westerdam as she makes her way through the Panama Canal and ends up in Fort Lauderdale.

We'll post short observations here, and you're welcome to follow The Two Cruising Sisters on our blog for more details, photos and (occasionally) witty commentary.

Happy dance - BEGIN!

Well, my bags are packed, my camera is at the ready and in about 3 hours my sister, mom and I will be at pier 91 in Seattle getting ready to board the Westerdam as she makes her way through the Panama Canal and ends up in Fort Lauderdale.

We'll post short observations here, and you're welcome to follow The Two Cruising Sisters on our blog for more details, photos and (occasionally) witty commentary.

Happy dance - BEGIN!

Hey, neighbor. Really looking forward to your live narrative! Love reading your cruise blogs!

Thanks so much for doing your reports. We are especially interested because we get on - when you get off. We were last on the Westerdam in April - and love her a lot. Know you'll have a great cruise. Looking forward to cruising along with you.:cool:

Happy dance - BEGIN!

Yay! Very much looking forward to your reports.:) You are doing the reverse cruise to the one we did in April. Hope you have just as fabulous a time!

Second Sister is on the way with Already There town car service, and will pick me and mom up before heading to the pier. Although we live here in the Seattle area, it was Krazy Kruizers who first informed us about wonderful Charlotte and her car service. We've been using them for years now; they also did my oldest daughter's wedding:) So thank you, KK.

Second Sister's blog link is here, for those of you who might have turned signatures off:

https://twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com/

Kazu and her team did such a sensational job reporting from the Westerdam when she repositioned from east to west in the spring, that we are trying to give back and do the repo report from west to east.

We'll try to report on all the really important issues, like sandwiches in the Lido and tea selection;) Oh, and keep your fingers crossed that we get some good shots of the "Blood Moon" lunar eclipse tomorrow night out of Vancouver:)

Second Sister is on the way with Already There town car service, and will pick me and mom up before heading to the pier. Although we live here in the Seattle area, it was Krazy Kruizers who first informed us about wonderful Charlotte and her car service. We've been using them for years now; they also did my oldest daughter's wedding:) So thank you, KK.

Second Sister's blog link is here, for those of you who might have turned signatures off:

Kazu and her team did such a sensational job reporting from the Westerdam when she repositioned from east to west in the spring, that we are trying to give back and do the repo report from west to east.

We'll try to report on all the really important issues, like sandwiches in the Lido and tea selection;) Oh, and keep your fingers crossed that we get some good shots of the "Blood Moon" lunar eclipse tomorrow night out of Vancouver:)

See, this is why we need a big LIKE button, for posts like this.:D

Karin:

I hope, Lisa Ann and your mother have a wonderful cruise. Let me know who the padre is on the ship.

Himself

Happy dance - BEGIN!

Lisa Ann:

I picked up the Westy in San Diego a couple of years ago and did the location cruise to Ft. Lauderdale and I loved that cruise. All the best to the three of you.

Himself

Happy dance - BEGIN!

Occasionally witty? How about ALWAYS witty? I have to take out extra insurance before reading your blog in case I hurt myself when I fall out of my chair laughing.

Have a wonderful time. The canal is an amazing experience!!!

Thanks so much for letting us know about the blog...already in my favorites:) I was on the Westerdam last year for the second time when she sailed from Vancouver to San Diego...with a stop in San Francisco...going under the Golden Gate...where I grew up was certainly an experience....

Enjoy the Panama Canal:):):)

how very kind of you. We had a lot of un.

I am enjoying Second Sister's blog and she has a much better sense of humour and writing - that is always a joy.

How's the menu? New? Old?

Cheers to you!

I'll post a pic of the menu on my blog later tonight, but entrees were a seafood penne, bbq pulled pork sandwich (which I can definitely recommend), mozzarella burger, mahi mahi fish taco, salmon, and mom enjoyed the quinoa and sweet potato cakes. And something else that escapes me at the moment. As so much does as I settle squarely into middle age. :-)

I'll post a pic of the menu on my blog later tonight, but entrees were a seafood penne, bbq pulled pork sandwich (which I can definitely recommend), mozzarella burger, mahi mahi fish taco, salmon, and mom enjoyed the quinoa and sweet potato cakes. And something else that escapes me at the moment. As so much does as I settle squarely into middle age. :-)

Oh, Yum!

Thanks! I'll watch for the pic.

Love your excitement: it really comes through!!