Free obc - how to view?

Justness

log into your ncl acct. then click on view reservation then to the left of page it will show on board spending money. But don't be surprised if it's not there as you booked through a TA and it may take awhile to show up.

Also you need to check and make sure that you can use it towards DSC as not all obc $$ can be used towards DSC or what your calling tips.

The OBC from a TA will not show up until you are in your room - probably on the first or second day - you will be given a notice about the OBC and you will need to report to the hotel desk and sign the voucher for it. It will show up on your bill as Refundable Credit - as opposed to Non Refundable Credit. This kind of OBC can be used on anything on your bill - if you don't use it then you will be given a refund of what is not used.

NCL sometimes offers OBC for things like booking suites 9 mos in advance and during special sales. The OBC will show up on your docs and is non refundable. It can be used for all purchases onboard the ship - but not the DSC.

The OBC from a TA will not show up until you are in your room - probably on the first or second day - you will be given a notice about the OBC and you will need to report to the hotel desk and sign the voucher for it. It will show up on your bill as Refundable Credit - as opposed to Non Refundable Credit. This kind of OBC can be used on anything on your bill - if you don't use it then you will be given a refund of what is not used.

NCL sometimes offers OBC for things like booking suites 9 mos in advance and during special sales. The OBC will show up on your docs and is non refundable. It can be used for all purchases onboard the ship - but not the DSC.

This is incorrect. I do not mean to be critical.It is not a refundable credit. It cannot be used for gratuities if purchased through NCL however; I have heard that some, not all, TA OBC's can be applied to gratuities. It may appear in your stateroom after boarding but is available now and pretty much immediate. I never had to go and sign any voucher. I have sailed NCL dozens of times and it always works like below.OBC appears on your reservation both in the form PDF that is sent to your e-mail as well as on your NCL on-line account. Also I have booked with TA and my OBC appeared as described below.

• Go to NCL.
  • Click log-on to my account
  • If you do not have one, then create one to the right
  • On the tabs line click vacation summary
  • On the left side it says Reservation at a glance

Reservation #:

XXXXXXXXX

Embarkation:

Jun 09, 2013

New York

Disembarkation:

Jun 16, 2013

New York

Onboard Spending Money: You have this amount of money to spend once onboard

$100

Payment Status:

Final Payment Due $ XXXXX

Due by: Mar X

So there it is, and like above poster said it may take several days to appear since you used TA

Have fun:D

Kev:cool:

Because you just booked today - it probably will not show up right away as most TAs do not purchase the OBC until after your final payment is made- so it will not be credited to your acct until then. After final payment you can request an ammenities receipt from NCL which will show all of your OBC and identify if it is refundable (able to be used towards tips) or not.

Okay, now I'm really confused. We booked with a TA for an 8/12 cruise to Alaska and we got $200 OBC. When I log in and look at the reservation there is nothing re: the OBC. So I called NCL just to see what we had, including some sail-away (?) gifts. Everything except the OBC was on our account per NCL and we were paid in full over 2 months ago. So, I guess I'll check when we check in on the cruise?? If it's not there, then what?

Always take some form of confirmation from your TA that you have an OBC. Sometimes it does not show up and if you have something in writing, they can fix it on board. Not all TA's OBC's are refundable, some TA's do refundable and some not. Ask!!

Okay, now I'm really confused. We booked with a TA for an 8/12 cruise to Alaska and we got $200 OBC. When I log in and look at the reservation there is nothing re: the OBC. So I called NCL just to see what we had, including some sail-away (?) gifts. Everything except the OBC was on our account per NCL and we were paid in full over 2 months ago. So, I guess I'll check when we check in on the cruise?? If it's not there, then what?

On your receipt from your travel agent, it should tell you how much on board credit you are getting. Bring that with you just in case.

As other posters have said, credit from your TA may not show up until the afternoon after you sail. This is not unusual at all. I have sailed 4 times booking with the same agency and have always gotten the credit as promised. Only once did I have to sign a voucher and only some of it has been refundable, so there is no real conformity to receiving or redeeming the credits. But you WILL receive them.

Archived