What do you think? Should I Go for it??

I'm considering booking a 10:45am return flight home from my Explorer cruise in April.

Flight leaves from Miami Airport which I'm assuming is not too far from the pier. This would be a Sunday morning, if that makes any difference.

With all my other cruises, I've always arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare (usually for an 11am flight)

What do you think? Should I go for it???

iv been told adamantly by the cruise line, and many travel agents, that you should not book your flight out till at least 1230. If earlier than that the cruiseline will NOT guarentee you will make it to the airport in time. just though you might want to know

...If you understand there is a chance you won't make it...(for example if there are INS problems with clearing all of the passengers in a timely manner),

and can live with taking a later flight by; all means. If all goes totally smooth , you can request an early flight tag...be one of the first ones leaving. But keep in mind they say you should be at the airport at least 90 minutes before your flight (although 45 minutes is probably all you really need). It'll be tight. If you are cool with a real possibility you won't make it...go for it. If that is an unacceptable risk..move up your flight.

Mitch

Many cruises sail out of Miami, many passengers are flying through that airport, Sunday is probably the busiest day of the week for them. You may make it, you may not, it would not be worth the stress for me. We take an early flight on Mondays, staying an extra night and ease back into reality. I have no burning desire to get right back home after a nice vacation.

We had an 11:55 AM flight out of MIA after our Explorer cruise. We had orange tags so we were the second group called, We had no problems getting off the ship. We had approx. 1 hour of time to kill once we made it through check in and past security. Based on that I don't believe I'd ever try a 10:45 AM flight. If anything slows you down you're likely to be watching the plane leave while your trying to make arrangements to fly standby on another flight during a busy day with a few thousand other cruisers who booked those later flights.

No way I would try that, last time out of Miami we were one of the first groups off but since my luggage got lost we were one of the last to actually leave the port, if I had had 10:45 flight I would have missed it. Not worth the stress of worrying whether or not I'm going to make the flight, book one that's later in the day or the next day.

Archived