Freestyle Daily Paper

Azure Moon

I was going to add a comment to the thread discussing the Freestyle Daily, but after looking at our last F. D. papers, my comment wouldn't have any benefit.

I was surprised to see that the name of the port agent and port agent contact telephone number weren't on them!

Hello, Azure Moon (slapping head), where have you been during those two NCL cruises :confused::p:D.

Guess I carried the NCL paper with me for nothing when in port.

On Carnival cruises I got into the habit of carrying them when getting off the ship because of the port agent information on the front page of the Capers paper.

I always felt when we went off on our own at least we'd have a way of notifying the ship if we weren't going to make it back to the dock in time - so at least they'd know what happened to us not being there, not that we would ever think they'd wait for us, which we know that they wouldn't, but at least they'd not delay leaving which they sometimes do. And that, hopefully, the port agent could help direct us as to getting to the next port. You know, kind of like having a friend in a strange place. And I'd heard that the port agent is sometimes given passenger's passports to hold until the missing passengers get to the dock.

Questions:

1. Am I just not seeing the information on the Freestyle Daily papers?

2. Has NCL ever given this information out? If not, have they ever said why they don't?

3. I know Carnival includes this information on their newspaper, not sure if NCL does or not, do other cruiselines include this information on their daily papers?

Thanks for any and all thoughts on this.

Last week on the Dawn I noticed the information for the port agent was listed on the insert to the Freestyle Daily with information about the port. The one with the map, history, where to shop, etc.

It has been on the daily on all our cruises. Maybe they dropped it that week? Hmmm....

That could be it!

I'll have to see if I can find our Hawaii dailys. We went off on our own in rented cars and thought that information was provided.

Last week on the Dawn I noticed the information for the port agent was listed on the insert to the Freestyle Daily with information about the port. The one with the map, history, where to shop, etc.

Aahhh! You're right, there it is! Thank you :).

Yikes :eek:! Hubby and I could be in deep trouble since I sometimes pitch inserts and flyers that say shopping on them, and that is what is at the top of the Roatan insert - "Shopping Ashore" then below that - "Port & Shopping Guide".

The "In case of emergency" information is the 6th item down on the back page of the insert.

First place I'd look for that important info...NOT! :p

Planning to go off on our own at least once on the next cruise, I'll be a lot more careful about bringing the contact info. page.

Thanks again!

On the Gem, the days we were in port, the emergency contact # was at the bottom right hand corner of the Freestyle Daily.

Thank you!

That's where I would think to look first...on the Freestyle Daily newspaper itself, not an insert which mentions shopping, even though it also says port information.

Was the contact number on the bottom right hand corner of the front page or back page of the Freestyle Daily?

Thank you!

That's where I would think to look first...on the Freestyle Daily newspaper itself, not an insert which mentions shopping, even though it also says port information.

If passengers carry any piece of paper ashore, it's the port information/shopping guide/map, not their Freestyle Daily. That's why the port agent contact information is always on that port guide.

If passengers carry any piece of paper ashore, it's the port information/shopping guide/map, not their Freestyle Daily. That's why the port agent contact information is always on that port guide.

And it's a good thing they do, since the information is on there only.

As usual, I'm the odd one out :rolleyes::D. I carry the ship newspaper with me whether I'm on the ship or in port. I got into the habit because Carnival puts the port telephone number on the front of the Capers as well as on the port info./guide paper. Also, if I've got a free minute while in port or on a tender, I'll take another look at the activities offered when we get back on the ship and that evening.

The # is on the front page bottom right of the daily when you are in port. Here is a scan of the one from Port Canaveral.

I know it is kind of hard to see in a thumbnail :)

Thank you! for the location and the picture :).

You're right the thumbnail was too small for me to see, but it made me look at my Pearl Freestyles again and more closely.

Raspberries to the paper staff on the Pearl for excluding this information on their front page. :(

Two very enthusiastic thumbs up for the cool staff of the Gem's paper staff for including this very important on the front page of their paper :cool:.

Archived