Elite Breakfast

not2old

Is fresh squeezed orange juice included as well?

The proper order for that long morning at sea is to go to Blu for a pre-breakfast snack which includes fresh squeezed orange juice....then go to the buffet for the eggs benedict, freshly made waffles or corned beef hash...and finally stop in the elite breakfast for the included cappuccino and bloody mary.

Ok but then what about doing that to get (as an example on Rcl) diamond balcony discount when booking two adjacent rooms?

I typically book two connecting rooms, one for my family and another for my parents (who also qualify for the AARP discounts if applicable). it was a Rccl rep who said that way we can get both discounts. Is this wrong to maximize the savings?

As for the elite status breakfast...it's just breakfast with the family I hardly see (ie. Grandparents and grandkids don't live in the same province )..is that so wrong? We don't drink so wont be taking alcohol away from "true" elites... And yes there are other meals in the day they can see each other but like i said before I'm not partaking in the free booze...just a nice breakfast with family.

So judge all you want...

I don't think anyone is worried about taking alcohol away from true Elites, I have never seen a ship that ran low on drinks! But seriously, I think the issue is capacity. The breakfast is configured for a certain amount of passengers, Celebrity knows how many Elites are on board. Sure, a couple more won't matter, but a lot of extra people will. You run the risk of pushing Celebrity to limit all events to true Elites, which seems unfair to a cruiser sailing in the same cabin with a non Elite. Just my opinion, of course. And, as I said above, I am not Elite myself so you won't be inconveniencing me. Plus, it is only a continental breakfast, it's not really kid friendly from what I read.

As for the elite status breakfast...it's just breakfast with the family I hardly see (ie. Grandparents and grandkids don't live in the same province )..is that so wrong? We don't drink so wont be taking alcohol away from "true" elites... And yes there are other meals in the day they can see each other but like i said before I'm not partaking in the free booze...just a nice breakfast with family.

So judge all you want...

I think you should bring the entire family to all of your events...and everyone else should too...heck, why not just bring the friends you made last night at the martini bar. However, as an actual elite member, I'd appreciate if you leave the chairs for my DW and I and don't request any of the items from the waiters who already stretched thin keeping the tables clear, getting coffee and drinks for the folks who are actually elites.

What you seem to miss is that one of the nicer things about the elite breakfast is that it isn't crowded..it's relaxing. Of course that's why you want to eat there, isn't it....but how about if everyone "worked the system".

Yup...I'm judging....

I think you should bring the entire family to all of your events...and everyone else should too...heck, why not just bring the friends you made last night at the martini bar. However, as an actual elite member, I'd appreciate if you leave the chairs for my DW and I and don't request any of the items from the waiters who already stretched thin keeping the tables clear, getting coffee and drinks for the folks who are actually elites.

What you seem to miss is that one of the nicer things about the elite breakfast is that it isn't crowded..it's relaxing. Of course that's why you want to eat there, isn't it....but how about if everyone "worked the system".

Yup...I'm judging....

Yup. I'm glad that to are...you forgot the idea of giving a bribe to access Blu.

:D:D:D

The proper order for that long morning at sea is to go to Blu for a pre-breakfast snack which includes fresh squeezed orange juice....then go to the buffet for the eggs benedict, freshly made waffles or corned beef hash...and finally stop in the elite breakfast for the included cappuccino and bloody mary.

Thanks for the proper order. Love it knowing that I'm not the only one that's put some thought into this. In my old age, my mind doesn't work quite as fast as it used to and trying to figure out if getting my favorite breakfast was doable without paying any extra charges was taking some time at the expense of getting my chores and work done. It's so much more fun to be planning my next cruise and figuring out such major life decisions as to whether to get the butler to deliver my cappuccino and corned beef hash for my leisurely breakfast on my balcony right after or before I have a chance to enjoy my freshly squeezed orange juice and bloody mary at the Elite Breakfast. Life will be tough.

So, if staying in an Aqua Suite with Elite benefits, it looks like there's no one stop shop for having it all without extra charges, but nice to know how to do it if willing to go the extra steps.

I'm assuming that no beverages are allowed to be taken out of Blu or Elite Breakfast. Is that correct?

Edited by kiyoko

Thanks for the proper order. Love it knowing that I'm not the only one that's put some thought into this. In my old age, my mind doesn't work quite as fast as it used to and trying to figure out if getting my favorite breakfast was doable without paying any extra charges was taking some time at the expense of getting my chores and work done. It's so much more fun to be planning my next cruise and figuring out such major life decisions as to whether to get the butler to deliver my cappuccino and corned beef hash for my leisurely breakfast on my balcony right after or before I have a chance to enjoy my freshly squeezed orange juice and bloody mary at the Elite Breakfast. Life will be tough.

So, if staying in an Aqua Suite with Elite benefits, it looks like there's no one stop shop for having it all without extra charges, but nice to know how to do it if willing to go the extra steps.

I'm assuming that no beverages are allowed to be taken out of Blu or Elite Breakfast. Is that correct?

That is correct.

Just off the Connie and it was 8:00-10:00 in the Tuscan Grill. We were told there was only around 100 Elites sailing which might explain the smaller venue.

They do not have Tuscan Grill on the Summit - a good reason for not having it there.

Can kids go? Also if my parents are Select level and if we book them in a room with elite can they go then??

Anyone over the age of 21 sharing a room with an Elite passenger is invited. Children are not although I've read postings on these boards where people have taken their children to Elite events in the past and not been refused.

Quite frankly, I don't think kids would like the selection very much. I'm not all that crazy about it myself unless I want something very light. It is just a continental breakfast with a limited selection. The breakfast in the buffet or MDR would be much more appealing to kids and families and anyone wanting a full breakfast.

For shame, how could someone with your vast experience and knowledge have been so negligent as to omit the very first step of the proper breakfast order: :D

(1) Room service wake-up starter breakfast on the balcony

(2) Blu for a pre-breakfast snack which includes fresh squeezed orange juice..

(3) then go to the buffet for the freshly made waffles, eggs benedict, or corned beef hash.

(It is important that the waffles must get top billing for this step, to meet with the approval of Texed, our renowned Celebrity waffle expert.)

(4)..and finally stop in the elite breakfast for the included cappuccino and bloody mary.

Edited by fleckle

For shame, how could someone with your vast experience and knowledge have been so negligent as to omit the very first step of the proper breakfast order: :D

(1) Room service wake-up starter breakfast on the balcony

(2) Blu for a pre-breakfast snack which includes fresh squeezed orange juice..

(3) then go to the buffet for the freshly made waffles, eggs benedict, or corned beef hash.

(It is important that the waffles must get top billing for this step, to meet with the approval of Texed, our renowned Celebrity waffle expert.)

(4)..and finally stop in the elite breakfast for the included cappuccino and bloody mary.

Four breakfasts! You must be a hobbit :)

I believe (someone will correct me if I am wrong) all passengers in a given cabin as long as one is Elite can attend the Elite functions, so you would have to split up. I don't know about children, I have never seen any in there.

You are correct about persons sharing a cabin. Unlike the sister company RC, your cabin mate(s) automatically are invited to Elite events. I never sailed on Celebrity with young children but am also interested in the response.

Thanks