1 Adult, 2 Kids, 2 Cabins - Can I do this?

riggins

Hi guys- I'm looking at booking a cruise at the end of March with my 2 DDs ages 9 and 11. Right now, DH says he doesn't want to go and there are no more cabins left that sleep 3. Can I book 2 connecting cabins for me and the 2 kids? We regularly book 2 connecting cabins, but on the reservation, I always put one adult and one kid in each cabin. I'm wondering with just one adult, if I can do the same thing.

I know I'd have to pay the single supplement, but I'd be paying that much if I could talk DH into going anyway, so no harm.

Thanks!

My three were ages, 22, 17 & 14. We were not allowed to have them in a room by themselves, they told us an adult over the age of 25 is required in all rooms. I always thought this was odd... how would a young couple under the age of 25 be able to cruise with this rule?

My three were ages, 22, 17 & 14. We were not allowed to have them in a room by themselves, they told us an adult over the age of 25 is required in all rooms. I always thought this was odd... how would a young couple under the age of 25 be able to cruise with this rule?

That must be for your Carnival cruise, not your Royal Caribbean cruise. You can book a cabin on your own at 21 for a RCL cruise.

Hi guys- I'm looking at booking a cruise at the end of March with my 2 DDs ages 9 and 11. Right now, DH says he doesn't want to go and there are no more cabins left that sleep 3. Can I book 2 connecting cabins for me and the 2 kids? We regularly book 2 connecting cabins, but on the reservation, I always put one adult and one kid in each cabin. I'm wondering with just one adult, if I can do the same thing.

I know I'd have to pay the single supplement, but I'd be paying that much if I could talk DH into going anyway, so no harm.

Thanks!

Here is a link to the age policy, looks like you can put them in a connecting cabin with no problem.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=309&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ&

Thanks!

We traveled on RC and got two connecting cabins. We registered on adult and one child in each, but the kids were in the connecting cabins. No discount, we paid for two adults in each cabin. I would "assume" they would charge you for two adults even if only one occupy's the cabin. As one poster suggested, if you bring a friend and they reimburse you a discounted rate- better then nothing!

The website won't allow a booking with no adult in a cabin, so you have to call. They will certainly allow it if there is a connecting cabin.

I booked 1 adult and 1 child in 2 connecting cabins and called and they switched it around for us. It just has to have a human to authorize. :rolleyes:

Would it be the same price to book it this way? That way if DH decides to go, his "soul" will be counted. If he doesn't you can deal with that later. I would hate for my DH to decide later that he wanted to go, but the maximum soul count had been reached.

Thanks for all the quick replies!

You've actually made me think of a follow up question ... DH has been pretty clear he's not going. We just sailed in December and he says he'd rather stay home (I know - he's got issues!). But there is the possibility that he could have a last minute change of heart when we are all packing our sunscreen. If I book two cabins - DH and I in one, and 2 DDs in the connecting room - and he decideds he's not going, will we have issues at the port or can he just be a no-show? The cost difference is pretty insignificant and it would give me time to see if I could change his mind.

Perhaps you already noticed in the policy, but if the couple are married (proof of marriage req'd), then they can sail in a cabin by themselves if they are under 21.

I think I would book my Dh anyways on the chance that he would have a change of heart. Going by what I have read here at the boards, I dont think him being a no-show would affect the rest of the family.

FWIW, with carnival you can book your children of any age either next door or across the hall and they do not need to be in a connecting cabin.

Thats the rule for under 13's. 13-17's can be booked with up to 3 staterooms between parent/child. Recently booked a family cruise this way.

We traveled on RC and got two connecting cabins. We registered on adult and one child in each, but the kids were in the connecting cabins. No discount, we paid for two adults in each cabin. I would "assume" they would charge you for two adults even if only one occupy's the cabin. As one poster suggested, if you bring a friend and they reimburse you a discounted rate- better then nothing!

Why would there have been a discount? Prices are per person whether the person is six months or sixty years of age.

To the OP - by all means book your DH. If he decides to stay home, you can probably get the port fees refunded.

I think Cruise a holic meant that if the OP books her husband but he doesnt come, she can invite a friend/family member along at a discounted rate, thereby cutting her losses significantly. That was my interpretation anyway.

:)

FWIW, with carnival you can book your children of any age either next door or across the hall and they do not need to be in a connecting cabin.

Same with Royal Caribbean and Princess. We have ALWAYS booked our kids into an inside cabin directly across the hall from our balcony cabin. No age requirement, and no need to book an adult in each cabin.

I think Cruise a holic meant that if the OP books her husband but he doesnt come, she can invite a friend/family member along at a discounted rate, thereby cutting her losses significantly. That was my interpretation anyway.

:)

Unless she got a special deal, typically a single pays 200% of the cost of the cabin less port fees for one. Sometimes a single passenger can nab a deal for 150% or 175% but not all the time. So it's pretty much the same cost for one or two.

We traveled on RC and got two connecting cabins. We registered on adult and one child in each, but the kids were in the connecting cabins. No discount, we paid for two adults in each cabin.

This is because Royal charges the same no matter the age of the passenger. There is no "children's rate." Usually in cabins that accommodate 3-4 pax, the price of the 3rd/4th pax is less than the price of the 1st two, but it still doesn't matter the age of the pax. If there's a discount for 3rd/4th passenger, the discount will apply whether the 3rd/4th pax are 1 or 100

If I book two cabins - DH and I in one, and 2 DDs in the connecting room - and he decideds he's not going, will we have issues at the port or can he just be a no-show?

No shows are not a problem. Last spring my BF's nephew was booked with his GF. At the last minute, she couldn't go. He showed up without her, told them she wasn't coming and that was that. As someone mentioned though, to ensure that his port taxes/fees are properly refunded, it might be best to cancel ahead of time, but it won't be a problem for you to check in and board without him if you don't.

Since no one else has offered to take one for the CC Team i'll be the first ;)

If you would absolutely hate to pay for a person without a physical body showing up for the ship - I hereby offer my services of being the 4th :D

Since no one else has offered to take one for the CC Team i'll be the first ;)

If you would absolutely hate to pay for a person without a physical body showing up for the ship - I hereby offer my services of being the 4th :D

Thank you so much for stepping up like this! It's people like you who make the world go round!:D FWIW, you can book your hubby and you have up to 24 hours , yes, 24 hours before sailing to change his name to another person's name. I believe the cost to do so was $35 back in 2010! So, Beth, keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Simple answer, if you book connecting cabins, yes you can. Have a great time on your cruise!

I guess I am a minority here but if DH wasn't interested, instead of throwing away the cash, I would book a nicer cabin for 3. What a great time to do some Mother-Daughter bonding with the 9&11yr olds. You could do the spa, manis-pedis, dress up like Princesses for formal nights and have tons of pics taken to laugh over the next day, get late night room service and take in all the shows, have loads of fun in all the ports doing girly stuff and order ("virgin" for the girls) drinks by the pool.

Archived