Picture-A-Week 2013 - Week 31

pierces

I have never seen a plane "decorated" like that.

A quick Google search comes up the following:

"Condor Flugdienst (Frankfurt) has introduced new “Janosch” Boeing 767-300 logojet. Janosch and Condor are teaming up in support of “A Heart for Children”. Condor has supported this organization for the past year and a half and has contributed a portion of its ticket sales. This includes an auction of aircraft models with the Janosch markings. The proceeds are fully passed on to “the A Heart for Children” fund. The pictured Boeing 7673-330 ER D-ABUE (msn 26984) is covered with the images of the animated heroes and will be the flagship for worldwide attention to the project. All other Condor aircraft will also carry the charity logo and a Janosch character in the Condor logo"

A quick Google search comes up the following:

"Condor Flugdienst (Frankfurt) has introduced new “Janosch” Boeing 767-300 logojet. Janosch and Condor are teaming up in support of “A Heart for Children”. Condor has supported this organization for the past year and a half and has contributed a portion of its ticket sales. This includes an auction of aircraft models with the Janosch markings. The proceeds are fully passed on to “the A Heart for Children” fund. The pictured Boeing 7673-330 ER D-ABUE (msn 26984) is covered with the images of the animated heroes and will be the flagship for worldwide attention to the project. All other Condor aircraft will also carry the charity logo and a Janosch character in the Condor logo"

Thank you for the link.

I have seen several cruise lines where the ships were decorated.

There was a time when we used to have a couple of hot air balloons go over our house.

Haven't seen them in years -- guess the owners thought they were too expensive to maintain and operate.

We them several days each week around sunset time in San Diego North County. This one got closer than usual and a good target with a 20x zoom with my pocket Lumix.

Practicing with the zoom - I need more practice!

DSC01824_zpsf9e99f4b.jpg

DSC01753_zps7d1ef80d.jpg

Ducks practicing their formations

DSC01754_zpsf970e968.jpg

I guess I need more practice keeping the zoom steady, I've only got a couple weeks until Alaska! I wanted to try out the polarizing filter, but it was a cloudy day.

Vic

Practicing with the zoom - I need more practice!

DSC01824_zpsf9e99f4b.jpg

DSC01753_zps7d1ef80d.jpg

Ducks practicing their formations

DSC01754_zpsf970e968.jpg

I guess I need more practice keeping the zoom steady, I've only got a couple weeks until Alaska! I wanted to try out the polarizing filter, but it was a cloudy day.

Vic

Nice shots. Your camera did a nice job of showing the raindrops hitting the water.

Does your camera have a viewfinder or just the LCD screen? Mine has a viewfinder so I usually brace one hand somewhere on my face to help keep the camera steady.

It has a viewfinder and I was using it. Those weren't raindrops, I think they were minnows (judging from the water I was near). I didn't notice the turtles until I saw the pictures. Those ducks held their formation while I watched - I was quite impressed - but they kept looking left and right and messing up the line that way (I'm an AF dependent, Navy vet and Army (retired) wife -I notice these things!)

I did get better as I used it. The Sony HX200V has a 30X lens with a 60x "clear view" and now I know I need to have a hand braced against something for stability. The ducks were taken unbraced, but not at a complete zoom, the heron was braced and pretty full zoom. I learned a lot, and I'm lucky enough to be in an area that I can go practice some more wildlife shots before we head for Alaska.

Vic

It has a viewfinder and I was using it. Those weren't raindrops, I think they were minnows (judging from the water I was near). I didn't notice the turtles until I saw the pictures. Those ducks held their formation while I watched - I was quite impressed - but they kept looking left and right and messing up the line that way (I'm an AF dependent, Navy vet and Army (retired) wife -I notice these things!)

I did get better as I used it. The Sony HX200V has a 30X lens with a 60x "clear view" and now I know I need to have a hand braced against something for stability. The ducks were taken unbraced, but not at a complete zoom, the heron was braced and pretty full zoom. I learned a lot, and I'm lucky enough to be in an area that I can go practice some more wildlife shots before we head for Alaska.

Vic

Aha - we share a camera - that's what I have. I've learned to pretty much stay below the 30x range (which is optical - 30 to 60 is "digital" and you can lose some resolution. But I love it.

Archived