flight from Houston to Miami on January 347

gay head

My husband and I are booked on the Breeze out of Miami on January 3 for eight days.When I went to book a flight from Houston to Miami it is almost as much as the cruise.Do you know of a website that has cheaper flights?;)

Check out spirit Airlines. They usually have cheap prices. But be warned to read all the restrictions and carry on guidelines or you will lose the savings in baggage fees.

Also I subscribe to airfarewatchdog dot com. You can put in specific routes and it sends you updated emails when new prices are posted.

Also look at flying into Fort Lauderdale instead of Maimi. Much cheaper and you can get a cheap shuttle to the port.

Be sure you do not fly in the day of the cruise in case the flight is cancelled or delayed.

As mentioned look at Fort Lauderdale and Miami. I don't find that it is always cheaper into one airport though.

And yes, depending on what your cruise fare was it's possible the flight will run you more.

Keith

I second flying to Ft. Lauderdale. Always much cheaper.

Always? Nope.

That's like the common misnomer that Southwest is "always cheaper."

Perhaps on your preferred airline, from your home city, on the dates you have traveled in the past, you have generally found lower rates to FLL than to MIA. It is likely very different for other airlines, from other cities, and on other travel dates. ;)

Your problem is two fold.

• Your cruise is very cheap because it is a cruise after a major holiday. A cruise leaving the day after NYE is going to be very light on bookings since most people are headed back to work.
  • You will need to fly out on 1/2/2015 which is the day that most people will be flying back home after vacations, while Houston isn't a major vacation destination it is a major airport hub so folks flying to and from other places will be taking up plenty of seats. All those grandparents who are Miami snowbirds will be heading back home to MIA after visiting the grandkids for Christmas/NYE.

My husband and I are booked on the Breeze out of Miami on January 3 for eight days.When I went to book a flight from Houston to Miami it is almost as much as the cruise.Do you know of a website that has cheaper flights?;)

I fly into FLL about 6 times a year. My granddaughter's birthday is Jan. 4 and we have often flown in for that personal holiday. IT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE WEEK (AND EVEN DAY!) OF THE ENTIRE YEAR. Things you do not realize: Orange Bowl, sometimes other college or pro games, snowbirds come down right after Christmas, college students still on break and needing sun!, double to triple the number of cruisers and the changeovers are planned for that period to get the most groups in -- week with Christmas, week with New Years and the in between or just after are all really popular and more ships because not in Med. , Scandinavia, and Alaska, World cruises not started yet and same for South America not started yet. All of this means that the airline tickets are scarce to rare to NOT POSSIBLE! You will Never find cheap tickets at this time of the year in any of Florida. Hotels also will have the highest price of the year (except for some Wine Festival dates in Miami Beach).

Find a ticket to fly to your cruise the day before the cruise at least. Do yourself a favor and buy your ticket from the airline! FLL or MIA not much difference -- little more confusion in MIA because of international flights -- more flights scheduled but sometimes can find a spare seat. Airlines overbook even more than usual in this period and they ALWAYS overbook on weekends. They have been running full to overflowing for most of this year. I fly Tuesday or Wednesday for cheaper prices but if you have to buy a hotel room probably not a savings (I bunk in the 12 year old's room:D ).

:eek: If you find a cheaper flight to Miami in the holiday period KNOW why it is cheaper :eek: probably not just your good looks and charming personality. Also discounters are at disadvantage in that the airlines do not have to release tickets to 3rd party sellers to fill the seats -- more customers than seats on the planes especially with a large cruise ship or two or three being in the ports those days. Good Luck but make your move fast -- it only gets worse as far as seats available and price for those seats. Also don't even think of award travel -- all holiday period is black out in my experience. I have gotten a slightly cheaper seat on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day early AM and that might work for you.

Southwest is not always the cheapest now -- I am having a hard time getting used to that :o-- so check on many airline sites.

• 2 months later...

I am on the same cruise and I found Southwest from DAL to FLL was much cheaper. For three of us round trip was $579 total. I used the Anytime rate which was $79 each way.Granted the flight on the 2nd was an EARLY morning and we are flying back on Monday the 12th, but the extra night in Miami at a hotel was worth it.