Can and should I upgrade on the Reflection

azkcruizers

Hi...first time Celebrity cruiser and have received help already so I thought I would come back again! My husband and I are on the Reflection November 29, 2014 for our 20th anniversary. We are now booked in cabin 9292 and have the classic beverage package as a free perk. We have made final payment and I see that prices have come down some. I'm wondering if it is possible to upgrade because of this, I believe Celebrity is having a sale right now.....but I definately wouldn't want to lose our drink package.

It looks like a concierge cabin is going for about the same that I paid for my verandah cabin. I would choose 1132.....or for about $100 more I could choose an aqua cabin and would take 2106. Like I've said I'm looking forward to the drink package so would not want to lose it, but if I could upgrade and keep the package what would you do.

Not sure about Blu....had requested a table for 2 in the main dining room....and would hate to be squeezed in next to people if that's what is going on at Blu.

Help!

The only way to know for sure if you would lose your drinks package is to consult Celebrity. Odds are that you would, but nothing is certain.

I would not go to Aqua in any case. On Reflection, Blu is particularly crowded.

There really isn't much advantage to going to a Concierge room, either. It's no bigger than the room you already have.

Generally the sales are for new bookings only.

Don't base the decision based on the of spacing of tables for 2 in Blu. Many of the tables for 2 in the main dining room are as close together (or in some cases closer) as the tables in Blu.

If it was my decision I would go for AQ.

The tables maybe just as close in mdr. If the new prices are not state discounts, senior discounts etc. You likely can upgrade to another standard rate.

Sometimes you have to ask about standard rate, however the last time I was on the celebrity website it was listed.

Best of luck and happy anniversary.

Hi...first time Celebrity cruiser and have received help already so I thought I would come back again! My husband and I are on the Reflection November 29, 2014 for our 20th anniversary. We are now booked in cabin 9292 and have the classic beverage package as a free perk. We have made final payment and I see that prices have come down some. I'm wondering if it is possible to upgrade because of this, I believe Celebrity is having a sale right now.....but I definately wouldn't want to lose our drink package.

It looks like a concierge cabin is going for about the same that I paid for my verandah cabin. I would choose 1132.....or for about $100 more I could choose an aqua cabin and would take 2106. Like I've said I'm looking forward to the drink package so would not want to lose it, but if I could upgrade and keep the package what would you do.

Not sure about Blu....had requested a table for 2 in the main dining room....and would hate to be squeezed in next to people if that's what is going on at Blu.

Help!

I would upgrade to CC if you do not loose the free drink package. You will get priority boarding a few additional amenities in your cabin and if you are interested in becoming Elite sooner, additional points. IMO having dined mutliple sailings in Blu and MDR, I now believe that the choices in the MDR are superior. Yes, tables in blu are close, but they can also be close in the MDR so when you board, ask to see your table. If you do not like it, try to change the location. Treat yourselves to a couple of speciality dinner, our favorite restaurant is the Lawn Grill. Blu dining is only available for AQ and Suite guests.

Why not enjoy the additional amenities if you can get them with CC for a small fee.

Have a great cruise!!

Edited by Cruise a holic

We are also on that cruise and in Aqua. Have been on Reflection 4 prior times in Aqua and enjoy Blu. Haven't done it on other ships so I guess we don't have anything to compare it to but while the tables are pretty close together the service is generally wonderful. Many of the waiters have been on ships for years.

I do believe you will have trouble upgrading at the rates you are seeing as they tend to be resident or senior rates which can't be combined with most of the other perks.

Take a look at a deck plan first...if you are on the hump your balcony may be deeper which is fabulous. Upgrading to a higher category does not necessarily mean a better cabin. Having said that, if you want more points for captains club, cc class get you more points than a 1a,

Good luck!

We were in 9241 on the other side last Nov, 9292 is one of the cabins on the angle of the hump with the larger balcony. As already mentioned, there will be no difference in the size of the cabin (194 sf) or the way it is laid out.

Only reason to move to a CC is for the extra loyalty points, oh, and a shrimp or apple a day delivered to the cabin. :D

IF! You can upgrade to Aqua for around the $100 pp I would go for it. If by chance you did not find dinning in Blu to your liking, the Matre'd can arrange for you to go to the MDR.

Reflection is a wonderful Ship, you will have a great cruise which ever cabin you pick.

I just went through the same exercise. I upgraded from deck 8 veranda to a Aqua class. I had 400.00 in Obc from Celebrity and 50.00 fro the t/a. As long as you do not exceed the original amount paid in full you can get any upgrade without loosing any pick you perk promo or other Obc. We made a pretty pick jump Not sure if we will care for Aqua Class, but why not give it a shot.

Well....I went ahead and tried to upgrade and was told that I could but I would lose my beverage package and onboard credit. We decided it wasn't worth it for us and to stay where we were. The prices have really come down on this cruise and the suites are at a fantastic price but we decided to stay within our budget and use the extra cash for some specialty restaurants seeing we have a great room anyways. Thanks for the help and anniversary wishes. Happy sailing!

Well....I went ahead and tried to upgrade and was told that I could but I would lose my beverage package and onboard credit. We decided it wasn't worth it for us and to stay where we were. The prices have really come down on this cruise and the suites are at a fantastic price but we decided to stay within our budget and use the extra cash for some specialty restaurants seeing we have a great room anyways. Thanks for the help and anniversary wishes. Happy sailing!

Enjoy your cruise ! Happy anniversary