Best Beers in the Caribbean

dizzy1975

Medalla In PR, Or Kalik in the Bahamas -- Both have unique taste, which reminds I have to drink the Kalik I brought home from my last cruise:D

Can you bring back local beer? Or were you "sneaky" about it? LOL! My husband loved Kalik while we were in the Bahamas too and you can not find it here. Was just curious if he finds something on our cruise next week that he would like to bring back if it is possible. Thanks for any info!

Can you bring back local beer? Or were you "sneaky" about it? LOL! My husband loved Kalik while we were in the Bahamas too and you can not find it here. Was just curious if he finds something on our cruise next week that he would like to bring back if it is possible. Thanks for any info!

"Sneaky" LOL..They just happened to wind up in my backpack, and back on the ship. There was not flight involved so that made it easy... Enjoy your cruise and the Kalik next week.:D I Have a few more weeks to wait:(

"Sneaky" LOL..They just happened to wind up in my backpack, and back on the ship. There was not flight involved so that made it easy... Enjoy your cruise and the Kalik next week.:D I Have a few more weeks to wait:(

We are not going to Bahamas this time but maybe if he finds something he likes it is good to know that they could "happen" to fall into his backpack! LOL! Thanks!

• 6 months later...

If traveling I just want something fun and new. It my not be my favorite each time but it is fun to try. Plus in that tropical heat you don't want a heavy or strong beer on the beach. RCI does have the racer 5 a nice ipa.

I'm trying to figure out what beers to try on our cruise next month. We're going to Columbia, Aruba, St Maarten, St Thomas, and Curacao. Are there local beers that are really outstanding?

I'm from the beer capital of the northwest (Central Oregon) and also homebrew. I don't care for lagers but if it's 90 degrees plus with high humidity, I suppose I could choke one down.

What would your choices be?

Best beer ever! Desperado at Sunset Grill in ST Marrtin -- surely you can find it elsewhere too -- it has tequila in it and is so very good:D

Best beer ever! Desperado at Sunset Grill in ST Marrtin -- surely you can find it elsewhere too -- it has tequila in it and is so very good:D

That is an interesting beer. I'll have to look for it locally. As I see it Desperado is not a Caribbean beer, but a French beer owned by Heineken. Being a French beer is maybe why it is on St Maarten.

Shak

• 3 weeks later...
Dare I ask...is there any dark or flavoured beers in the carribean?

We are going to Grand Cayman and would like something more than a weak lager/beer type thing.

Try Caybrew... Brewed on Grand Cayman... they do a stout. You can even do a brewery tour

Tried a beer brewed with mango on an eastern caarriben run once, I think it might have been http://www.stjohnbrewers.com/beers.html this one?

I remember it pretty distinctly because I had it at the 'home of the daiquiri' on St. Maaarten and my family made fun of me for skipping the plastic cup cocktails to try a fruity micro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

In Puerto Rico you actually have some other choices besides the Medalla Light.

(Not that Medalla is not fricking awesome cause it is)

There's

Boquerón Brewing Co.

They have very nice Blonde, Pale and Autumn ale and a nice Coffee porter and others....

There is also Old Harbor Brewery not far from where the cruise ships dock. They brew in house and it's very tasty. Look em up.

(Ya know if you like craft brew)

• 1 year later...