New York Marriott At Brooklyn Bridge

pris993

We are considering the New York Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge. Thinking of staying one night before taking the QM2 from Brooklyn on a 14 day cruise to Canada and back, then staying here 2 days after the cruise. We are flying in from San Francisco. So always need to stay at least one night in advance.

Looks like it would be easy for us to take a taxi from JFK to the hotel, then a taxi to the port and back. Figure around $50 each way to airport, similar amounts to the port.

We are a couple of seniors(82 and 68) would like to see a little bit of NYC after we get off the ship on our return. We have been to NYC only once before. Docked in Manhattan the last time and stayed at Battery Park.

This time we are bit older... so can not do as much walking as we have done in the past... the hotel offers a free shuttle to Time Square... which we would take advantage of during our stay and take taxis to other points of interest.

Would like to visit the world famous Katz's Deli and assume we can pick up a 1/2 bus tour of the city to get our bearings.

For those of you who know NYC - Any suggestions?

We are considering the New York Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge. Thinking of staying one night before taking the QM2 from Brooklyn on a 14 day cruise to Canada and back, then staying here 2 days after the cruise. We are flying in from San Francisco. So always need to stay at least one night in advance.

Looks like it would be easy for us to take a taxi from JFK to the hotel, then a taxi to the port and back. Figure around $50 each way to airport, similar amounts to the port.

We are a couple of seniors(82 and 68) would like to see a little bit of NYC after we get off the ship on our return. We have been to NYC only once before. Docked in Manhattan the last time and stayed at Battery Park.

This time we are bit older... so can not do as much walking as we have done in the past... the hotel offers a free shuttle to Time Square... which we would take advantage of during our stay and take taxis to other points of interest.

Would like to visit the world famous Katz's Deli and assume we can pick up a 1/2 bus tour of the city to get our bearings.

For those of you who know NYC - Any suggestions?

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and think you have made a great choice. The staff was terrific.

You should consider a car service to get you to Brooklyn from JFK. We have used both Carmel and Arecibo. And we have always taken a cab to the port. The hotel can arrange a private car service as well.

What is your budget? What are your exact dates for a hotel precruise and post cruise? What is the room rate tax included for your dates at the Brooklyn Marriott?

Staying one night precruise in Brooklyn is a good plan, but since you want to do stuff in Manhattan, you should look at the economics of staying in midtown post cruise. A shuttle to Times Square is nice, but you have to pay to get back which is money that could be spent on a midtown hotel. Cab rates to JFK are fixed from Manhattan. When you balance the overall time, money, and stress, staying in midtown might be a viable option.

Just booked cruise, not til late Sept/October 2015, just starting to do some research. Appreciate your quick responses.

Budget - would guess looking for hotel around $300 a night. We typically stay at Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Embassy Suites when travelling. I know hotels are expensive in NY, so $300 is on the high end in terms of my budget.

Don't feel the need to be in the heart of Time Square... quick check shows hotels in this area are generally more anyway.

Any rate exploring options. Appreciate your input.

Post back when you get exact dates. Manhattan hotels tend to be very expensive in mid Sept because of Fashion Week and the high rates continue through October. It all depends on the exact dates and the day of the week.

I was thinking you might be able to do more if you could easily return to your hotel for a rest stop during the day.

Post back when you get exact dates. Manhattan hotels tend to be very expensive in mid Sept because of Fashion Week and the high rates continue through October. It all depends on the exact dates and the day of the week.

I was thinking you might be able to do more if you could easily return to your hotel for a rest stop during the day.

Appreciate your help, ship returns on October 11.. thinking of stay 2 night October 11 and 12th, returning on October 13th. Ship leaves on September 27, a Sunday, we could ago ahead of times as well and visit New York if we got better rates. I am simi retired, work part time in a doctor's office. They generally let me take what days off I want since I am available to them and very dependable the rest of the year.

Hitting the dates in a major city to get the best rates is not easy with a cruise. Checking out hotels now, since we ran into a similar problem in Paris this past October... major event.. even airport hotels were booked sold.