Event Information and Registration

LauraS

• Administrators

You must register by going to go.virtualtradeshowslive.com/AAAOasis.

On the day of the event, once you're logged on, you'll enter a virtual campus, complete with cartoon characters mulling about, where you'll see three different venues:

star2.bmp There's the "auditorium," where video and PowerPoint presentations will be hosted by live speakers (still to be determined who will be presenting). Tune in at 6pm ET as the festivities kick off; Oasis announcements are expected at about 8:30!"

star2.bmp In the "expo hall," you'll find several booths set up, including dedicated places to learn about RCI cruisetours, the Crown & Anchor society (RCI's past-passenger program), Royal Caribbean and Oasis of the Seas. The booths will be staffed by Royal Caribbean employees, with whom you can engage in a private chat via your keyboard -- you'll also be able to download information about the sponsors.

star2.bmp The "lounge" is basically a big open chat room, where consumers, travel agents, press and people from Royal Caribbean can yuk it up on subjects ranging from first-time cruise travel to the most important topic of the event, Oasis of the Seas' newest neighborhoods.

Other facets include the ability to customize your profile, adding such things as your job title and personal info ("biography"), creating an avatar to distinguish yourself visually, and doing things like "turn off the show floor chatter" (slightly confusing to begin with, but we understand the attempt at realism).

We're told by the company handling the technical aspects of the event that, unlike at "real" events at concrete and mortar venues, there's no limit to how many people can attend (though if you can't make it or prefer to check it out afterwards, the virtual trade show will remain available for three months).

And if you're looking for a basic example of how to navigate at the event, check out the Ziff Davis Web site and click on On-Demand Events. You'll have to register individually for one of the archived events to see how the platform works.

We'll see you at the Oasis of the Seas reveal. And following the event, join Cruise Critic right here in this forum for a night of gossip and giveaways!

Stay tuned for details on our special after-party.

Hi there,

UK residents are eligible for some prizes (official rules will be released soon)! Best of luck to you :)

Looking forward to the "late night" party -- thanks for joining us!

Melissa

Note to self...sleep late on the 26th cause looks like another all nighter here on CC :D

LauraS...will UK members be able to enter for giveaways etc ?

Hi there,

UK residents are eligible for some prizes (official rules will be released soon)! Best of luck to you :)

Melissa

Yippppeeeeee we have a chance of prizes yippppeeeeeeee:D :D :D

Sorry I get carried away sometimes with anything related to Oasis :o :D

Hi there,

Melissa

I'm waiting eagerly to see what morsels we members of the Cruise Critic International community have been left with?:mad:

Any idea how late this will run? I'm in Seattle, so on Pacific Time and won't be able to join until around 10 p.m. EST. Will it still be rockin' and rollin' at that time?

Here's the times..looks like you'll miss the reveal, but you know you'll get all the info you missed right here at CC. :) The 6:00PM - 7:30 time slot is featuring AAA/CAA.

I'm registered and ready to see what's next on Oasis...this will be a great week, reveal on Tuesday and booking on Thursday....I'm excited. :D

August 26, 2008

Live Online Travel Show

6:00pm - 12:00am ET / 5:00pm - 11:00pm CT / 3:00pm - 9:00pm PT

# 7:30 pm - 8:15 pm ET / 6:30 pm - 7:15 pm CT / 4:30 pm - 5:15 pm PT

An Introduction to Royal Caribbean International

Whether you're a Royal Caribbean regular, or haven't had the pleasure of cruising with them yet, they can put you on the road to your next vacation adventure. Join us for this webcast presented by a Royal Caribbean Executive as they share an overview of the latest and exciting offers on Royal Caribbean.

Moderator: Sandra Furlong, Manager, Travel Communications, AAA Travel

Speaker: Ken Muskat, Vice President, Sales, Royal Caribbean International

# 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm ET / 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm CT / 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm PT

Oasis of the Seas – We Build Incredible

When she launches in late 2009, Oasis of the Seas will be the largest and most revolutionary cruise ship in the world. Oasis of the Seas will be the first ship to tout the cruise line's new neighborhood concept of seven distinct themed areas, which includes Central Park, Boardwalk, and the Royal Promenade. Royal Caribbean will reveal the next two neighborhoods to the public for the first time at this event.

Speaker: TBA

Hi what time does this event take place in Europe? I have to admit I can not handle these different time zones.

Best regards

Ernst

Ernst...looks like you are 6 hours ahead of me in the ET zone, so.....the 8:30pm ET Oasis reveal will be at 2:30am your time.

Hi cullinp,

I certainly did not mean for the prize pool to sound any less glamourous for non-U.S. residents -- just that depending on a winner's locale, he or she may receive different prizes than the next person! The prizes will be of approximately equal value, and details will be available via Official Rules and Regulations, posting soon.

Melissa

I'm waiting eagerly to see what morsels we members of the Cruise Critic International community have been left with?:mad:

Here's the times..looks like you'll miss the reveal, but you know you'll get all the info you missed right here at CC. :) The 6:00PM - 7:30 time slot is featuring AAA/CAA.

I'm registered and ready to see what's next on Oasis...this will be a great week, reveal on Tuesday and booking on Thursday....I'm excited. :D

August 26, 2008

Live Online Travel Show

6:00pm - 12:00am ET / 5:00pm - 11:00pm CT / 3:00pm - 9:00pm PT

# 7:30 pm - 8:15 pm ET / 6:30 pm - 7:15 pm CT / 4:30 pm - 5:15 pm PT

An Introduction to Royal Caribbean International

Whether you're a Royal Caribbean regular, or haven't had the pleasure of cruising with them yet, they can put you on the road to your next vacation adventure. Join us for this webcast presented by a Royal Caribbean Executive as they share an overview of the latest and exciting offers on Royal Caribbean.

Speaker: Ken Muskat, Vice President, Sales, Royal Caribbean International

# 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm ET / 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm CT / 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm PT

Oasis of the Seas – We Build Incredible

When she launches in late 2009, Oasis of the Seas will be the largest and most revolutionary cruise ship in the world. Oasis of the Seas will be the first ship to tout the cruise line's new neighborhood concept of seven distinct themed areas, which includes Central Park, Boardwalk, and the Royal Promenade. Royal Caribbean will reveal the next two neighborhoods to the public for the first time at this event.

Speaker: TBA

Thanks for posting that Alpha Kitty! I may just leave work early so I can be part of it! :eek:

Thanks for posting that Alpha Kitty! I may just leave work early so I can be part of it! :eek:

You're Welcome TravGrl :) I think you need to get home early! Maybe a phone call from home with an "emergency"? After all catching the next Oasis reveal IS an emergency, isn't it? :p

Hi cullinp,

I certainly did not mean for the prize pool to sound any less glamourous for non-U.S. residents -- just that depending on a winner's locale, he or she may receive different prizes than the next person! The prizes will be of approximately equal value, and details will be available via Official Rules and Regulations, posting soon.

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Regards.

Paul.

Archived