Hypothetical Port Arrival Time (PAT) question

cruisefamilyforever

What happens if you arrive 30 or 45 minutes past your PAT?

I've read many of the posts about PATs, but I could find this issue addressed. I booked a 1030-1045 PAT for the Fantasy last night when my 90 day window (Castaway Club Silver) opened.

We are staying at the Country Inn near the port and expect to arrive during our PAT. However, what if something unexpected happens and we miss the window. Will we still be able to press on with check in as soon as we get there and will our boarding number take a priority based on the earlier PAT we were assigned?

Nothing "happens." When you arrive at the terminal you will enter thru security and get into the check in line. You will get the boarding card number tied to your PAT. If that number has already been called, you will walk right on. If it has not been called yet, you'll have less terminal waiting time.

PAT starts at 10:30, boarding typically starts about 11:15. SO someone with a PAT of 10:30-10:45 will still have a short wait at the terminal.

But hypothetically....say you have boarding number 3 and they are boarding number 6 when you finish checking in. You will walk right onto the ship. No wait at all.

The point of the PAT system is to spread out arrivals--with the bigger ships, too many guests showing up when the terminal opens could/can result in exceeding the number the fire marshal allows in the building.

DCL is very used to people coming in late. It happens all the time with guests who fly in the day of the cruise and find that their flight runs late or that they didn't allow appropriate time between airport and cruise terminal. Showing up after the PAT has no impact at all.

OP could leave the CI&S at 10:45 and WALK to the terminal and still arrive well before "all aboard" time.:) NO, I am not advocating walking to the terminal--there are no sidewalks and it is well beyond any rational walking distance. My intent was to make a point....:rolleyes: