Port Everglades - Princess - Dock Schedule

Grego

I recall that there was a web site or a fellow CC'r that showed information as to which specific pier a Princess ship would be located either at embarkation or disembarkation.

We know that Pier or Terminal 2 (North) is the assigned Princess location, but with two ships in port, the other ship is piered up at one of the South Terminal locations. The problem for those driving is that you might leave from one terminal and return to the other making the choice of parking an issue.

If we knew that the ship was leaving and returning to Terminal 2, then no problem - we park at that garage. If she was leaving from 2 and returning to the South Terminal, then maybe we park there and take the shuttle back to 2 after dropping of the luggage. Same with the reverse.

Having done all these combinations before, it really isn't a problem, but it's good to know before hand if necessary.

I recall that there was a web site or a fellow CC'r that showed information as to which specific pier a Princess ship would be located either at embarkation or disembarkation.

We know that Pier or Terminal 2 (North) is the assigned Princess location, but with two ships in port, the other ship is piered up at one of the South Terminal locations. The problem for those driving is that you might leave from one terminal and return to the other making the choice of parking an issue.

If we knew that the ship was leaving and returning to Terminal 2, then no problem - we park at that garage. If she was leaving from 2 and returning to the South Terminal, then maybe we park there and take the shuttle back to 2 after dropping of the luggage. Same with the reverse.

Having done all these combinations before, it really isn't a problem, but it's good to know before hand if necessary.

I know, in the past, Princess has used both pier #2 and pier #4. I've seen other ships (ie the Maasdam) use pier #4, but I've never seen a princess ship in any other location, other that #2 and #4. Many times I've seen two Princess ships in port and they always have been at #2 and #4.

http://porteverglades.org/directions.php

Good luck!

Kel

I know, in the past, Princess has used both pier #2 and pier #4. I've seen other ships (ie the Maasdam) use pier #4, but I've never seen a princess ship in any other location, other that #2 and #4. Many times I've seen two Princess ships in port and they always have been at #2 and #4.

http://porteverglades.org/directions.php

Good luck!

Kel

I personally have not seen a Princess ship at pier 4. If I thought the Island would embark from #4 because the Coral is in port and at #2, and she would return to #2 because there aren't any other Princess ships in that day - there wouldn't be a problem. It's a short walk to the Northport garage. (thanks for posting the map to refresh my memory)

The pier that I have had experience with on Princess other than #2 is #26, or one of those on that stretch. It's usually because they reserve #2 for the larger Grand Class ships and the other in port go to one of the other piers.

Regardless, there is a site or a posting somewhere in the Port Everglades area that lists the pier locations for all ships in port in advance. I hope someone remembers where I saw that and can help.

Here's a link to the Harbor Master's daily report:

Link

It only covers 6 or 7 days at a time, but it's the only dock/pier schedule I've been able to find.

Great. Thank you very much. This is the site I was looking for. I should be able to check this out before we leave for the pier the ship leaves from and I know that she will come back to #2 because there won't be another Princess ship in port on that date.

As I posted on another link we sailed Princess out of Port Everglades last Feb. When we left ours was the only Princess ship in port and we used dock 2. When we came back there were 2 Princess ships in port and we used what I believe was dock 4. Both are in the same place and if you had a good arm you could have thrown a baseball from our ship and hit the other ship. I believe Princess now makes every effort to dock their ships at the North Port parking garage where there are 3 if not 4 births

I'm returning from a Carnival Splender cruise on Nov. 29, but don't know what pier. The same day (29) I'm going on the Princess Ruby most likely at pier 2.

My question is, do the shuttles from one parking garage to the other parking gararge run all the time so I can get the other pier?

I'm returning from a Carnival Splender cruise on Nov. 29, but don't know what pier. The same day (29) I'm going on the Princess Ruby most likely at pier 2.

My question is, do the shuttles from one parking garage to the other parking gararge run all the time so I can get the other pier?

Yes, there are shuttles that run between the various terminals. In addition there are cabs, however, they don't like the short runs between the terminals but would rather get the longer airport runs.

You will have plenty of time to make connections between terminals since you'll probably disembark by 9:00 at the latest and can't go through check in with Princess until at least 11:30.

I'm sure others will have more specific recent information on the logistics issue.

We are always envious of those BTB cruises.

As I posted on another link we sailed Princess out of Port Everglades last Feb. When we left ours was the only Princess ship in port and we used dock 2. When we came back there were 2 Princess ships in port and we used what I believe was dock 4. Both are in the same place and if you had a good arm you could have thrown a baseball from our ship and hit the other ship. I believe Princess now makes every effort to dock their ships at the North Port parking garage where there are 3 if not 4 births

Thanks for the information. I do have (or used to have a good arm - pitched in college and scouted by Baltimore), but I can't throw the luggage that far :) .

I'm sure Princess would love to keep their operations consolidated by using the docks adjacent to North Terminal. I have seen various ship lines docked at 4 in the past and I guess it's the luck of the draw if Princess can get in there if 2 is used or they have to move down the channel to something in the 20's. The Harbormaster has the final say.

Archived