Sunday Brunch in New Orleans prior to Boarding the Dream

beckatron

We are on the 6/18 Dream leaving out of NO. We have never spent anytime there and I thought that having a nice brunch Sunday morning before boarding the ship might be a nice start to our embarkation day. We are staying at the Hampton Inn by the convention center. Any recommendations for a great brunch that would be nearby?

Also if we wanted to do a later brunch and not board the ship until after the initial rush what time should we get to the port to just check-in and walk on without any wait?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had a lovely Jazz Brunch at the Court of Two Sisters in NOLA on Mardi Gras day last week. It was lovely and the jazz trio were very pleasant to listen to! I'm not a big jazz fan, and found the volume perfect to hear but not overwhelm. The food was incredible with all the New Orleans standards, plus any breakfast item you can thing of, including fresh made eggs, omelets and benedicts.

It's about a mile from your hotel and you can take the street car almost all the way. Well worth the travel!

Have fun!

Denise

Commander's Palace in the Garden District has a world famous brunch if you want to get dressed up and see the best of NO on a weekend morning. Most restaurants will have a brunch menu on the weekends so you could probably decide after your NO arrival as to whether to stay close to your hotel or not. I love NO-great food!!!

We had a lovely Jazz Brunch at the Court of Two Sisters in NOLA on Mardi Gras day last week. It was lovely and the jazz trio were very pleasant to listen to! I'm not a big jazz fan, and found the volume perfect to hear but not overwhelm. The food was incredible with all the New Orleans standards, plus any breakfast item you can thing of, including fresh made eggs, omelets and benedicts.

It's about a mile from your hotel and you can take the street car almost all the way. Well worth the travel!

Have fun!

Denise

Love this restaurant , great for dinner, Brennan's is another famous place