Breakaway Diverted!

jfried8

On summit right now. I asked the crew what happened to the Breakaway that was right behind us...guest services told me that no officer would know the answer to my question...hmmmm. I told her BS.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina

On summit right now. I asked the crew what happened to the Breakaway that was right behind us...guest services told me that no officer would know the answer to my question...hmmmm. I told her BS.

How are the seas? You are still going on to Bermuda?

Safe Sailing.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Tropical Storm Cristobal Statement

Updated Monday, August 25, 2014 @ 12:40 pm ET

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the company is closely monitoring the path of Tropical Storm Cristobal and has made the following modifications to its itineraries:

Norwegian Dawn will depart Bermuda at 6 am tomorrow, Tuesday, August 26.

If conditions prevent Norwegian Gem from anchoring at Great Stirrup Cay, tomorrow, Tuesday, August 26, the ship will proceed to Nassau and stay overnight through 6 pm on Wednesday.

Norwegian Breakaway will modify her Bermuda itinerary and sail south to arrive in Port Canaveral, Florida on Wednesday, August 27 and will call in Nassau on Thursday, August 28.

Guests on board these vessels will be kept up to date by the ships’ Captain. Should there be any further updates, they will be immediately posted here.

We thank our guests' for their understanding.

I'm sure the officers could easily figure that one out, but an honest answer would open the door to more questions and perhaps second guessing. I hope you guys do not end up in the midst of a hurricane or rough weather. I'd take a sunny day in the Bahamas any day.

Breakaway has been diverted to Port Canaveral & Nassau, & the Dawn is leaving Bermuda @ 6am tomorrow morning vs 5:30pm tomorrow afternoon. We sail on the Dawn on Friday to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Fingers are crossed as on our honeymoon cruise 10 years ago, we ran smack into Ivan & were diverted to Cozumel from Cancun. It can't happen twice, right?! LOL

What are the chances of the Breakaway not making it next week if bermuda does get a direct hit

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

First, not to minimize the bumping, it's "only" a Tropical Storm. According to forecasts it is heading between Bermuda and the coast. Probably won't have much effect on Bermuda.

Summit left yesterday and are doing one day at sea instead of two to get to Bermuda earlier.

We had a similar situation in (click-->) September 2011. Carnival Miracle and NCL Gem were on the same NYC to Bermuda itinerary. We were on Miracle and made it to Bermuda. Gem was diverted to FL and Bahamas. I'm sure many on Gem were disappointed but we were stuck on the ship at the pier during the full day in Bermuda as (click-->) TS Miria blew thru. I'm sure making the decision is a thankless job but all we can do is trust in the captain and crew to make the correct decision and enjoy the cruise regardless....

Omg... This is not good. Does norwegian allow you to cancel or postpone last minute if this is the case?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sure, if you purchased cancel for any reason trip insurance. Heck, I believe they can even shorten the cruise by days, or notvstop in any port, and owe the passengers nothing (I remember a lot of issues caused by Sandy...)

The Summit has made no sign of diverting. It is on a direct heading for Bermuda. Speed at 17 knots. Should reach Dockyards at that course/speed either really late tomorrow (like midnight+) or early Wednesday on schedule. The storm will pass north of Bermuda and be long gone by when they leave on Friday.

my son is on the diverted Breakaway.

:confused:Can anyone recommend excursions in Port Canaveral? Can you still catch the trolley into cocoa beach? Is it a long walk to the trolley stop?

thanks

I asked that question on the Port Canaveral board for my December cruise and was told no. There is a shuttle for $12 round trip that takes you into town. I'm thinking about going to Universal Studios/ Harry Potter World in December, but its going to be a slow week, I'm sure they are still busy this week.