Any last minute tips for my cruising 21 month old....

JillyChill

I am taking my daughter (21 months) on her first cruise in a couple weeks... we will be in a connecting room (interior) with my parents. Traveling on the Independence of the Seas.... any last minute travel tips for myself and her? I have been on plenty, but this is the first time I am taking my baby. My husband is military and unable to travel, so it will just be us two with my parents. We are also flying from New Hampshire, to FLL, any flight tips as well? :)

Make sure you bring all the "baby items" you will need. The ship doesn't carry much, if any, baby items. So, bring all the diapers, wipes, etc.....and comfort items you will need. Also, all the baby meds, just in case!

The cabins only have showers, so some find a small blow-up tub to be handy. Most babies don't like showers!

Having connecting cabins will be handy...while baby is napping or down for the night, you'll have a place to hang out!

Bring a stroller! The ships are huge...lots of walking...and hopefully, your child will nap in the stroller, so you don't have to go back to the cabin at nap time!

Make use of the dining room...they will dote on your child!

No advice, but I look forward to reading the responses as I will be traveling with my 21 month old this summer to Alaska. Be sure to post how it goes when you return!

I will be sure to write a review when I get back!!! :)

Make sure you bring all the "baby items" you will need. The ship doesn't carry much, if any, baby items. So, bring all the diapers, wipes, etc.....and comfort items you will need. Also, all the baby meds, just in case!

The cabins only have showers, so some find a small blow-up tub to be handy. Most babies don't like showers!

Having connecting cabins will be handy...while baby is napping or down for the night, you'll have a place to hang out!

Bring a stroller! The ships are huge...lots of walking...and hopefully, your child will nap in the stroller, so you don't have to go back to the cabin at nap time!

Make use of the dining room...they will dote on your child!

Scarlett will not nap in the stroller, but I don't mind letting her nap in the room. I am also in my first trimester with baby #2, so I will need some extra sleep as well!! But who am I kidding, its vacation, I love to nap if I can!!! :)

Archived