oh no! RC messed up our res~now what?

Its complicated, but I'll try to simplify. We are traveling w 2 other sets of parents. We each have a son with us. IN ADDITION, we are taking 4 other boys. Thats 6 parents and 7 boys (all 18 except two who are 17). My family is the only one that has cruised before, so I made all the reservations. The reservations include: 3 superior OV w a balcony, and 3 interior rooms. One of the interior rooms sleeps 3. Res was made in Nov and Paid in full 2/5. I happened to call RC the other day to add something to our res and was told we had two BIG problems. 1) my son is NOT across the hall from me and 2) the 3rd boy cant be there w/o his parents. The only solution they said was, the FATHER of the boy in the 3 person room needs to move in w those boys and HIS son needs to move in the room with his mom. Has something like this ever happened to anyone before? I am just sick over it.

Its complicated, but I'll try to simplify. We are traveling w 2 other sets of parents. We each have a son with us. IN ADDITION, we are taking 4 other boys. Thats 6 parents and 7 boys (all 18 except two who are 17). My family is the only one that has cruised before, so I made all the reservations. The reservations include: 3 superior OV w a balcony, and 3 interior rooms. One of the interior rooms sleeps 3. Res was made in Nov and Paid in full 2/5. I happened to call RC the other day to add something to our res and was told we had two BIG problems. 1) my son is NOT across the hall from me and 2) the 3rd boy cant be there w/o his parents. The only solution they said was, the FATHER of the boy in the 3 person room needs to move in w those boys and HIS son needs to move in the room with his mom. Has something like this ever happened to anyone before? I am just sick over it.

No worries, all this can be solved on board :)

I wouldn't worry about it. When I was 16, my parents let me bring a friend along on a cruise (I'm an only child). We did book two rooms, one for them and one for me and my friend. My parents got around this rule by booking one adult in each room and one child in each room. When we got on the ship, we just went along with what we had originally planned (my parents in one room and us in the other). It was no secret that we did this and the cruise line never said a word about it. From my observations, this is not an uncommon practice and the rule is there more to protect the liability of the cruise line than anything else. Just remember that you are still ultimately responsible for anything that happens in the kids only room.

This is something that I came across when booking our July Cruise, we have always taken one or two friends of our daughters and had no problem, but it seems that RCI has a policy, that not many, and I include people at RCI in that, seem to know about.

That policy is, that for each related child, you may take one non related minor, this is where your problem seems to come from, 3 sets of parents and 4 non related minors.

As I said, previously, we have taken 2 non related minors with no problems, not allowed on this cruise, UNLESS there is a parent/guardian in the cabin with the kids.

Even after speaking with the executive offices in Miami, the only way we could book the cruise was having me and my daughter in one cabin, and my wife and the 2 friends in another.

Stupid thing is, that if I had 10 kids of my own, then we could take 10 non related minors and be responsible for 20 kids, but as I only have 1 daughter I can only take 1 friend in a "kids" cabin:mad:

No, but if not your children, they have to be 21. We are taking our goddaughter and her friend on Majesty as a High School graduation present. Both girls are 18. However, since they are not our "children" we had to put DH in one cabin and me in the other. Cabins are right next to each other. Once we are onboard, DH and I will each go and ask for an additional key to our cabins and the girls will then stay in their cabin and DH and I will stay in ours.

thanks everyone! The RC agent freaked me out~she said, if she didn't catch this, they would have prevented us from getting on the ship! BTW, they are moving our cabin and my sons to the other side of the ship, where he will be across the hall from us. Thats no big deal, but it seems to me they would be going o/o their way to "make nice". Like I said in the beginning, EVERYONE with us is a "newbie cruiser". Bad PR in that, it shouldn't have happened in the first place, and that it wasn't caught by several agents. Well, going to put THAT behind me now and start counting the days. Thanks again.

thanks everyone! The RC agent freaked me out~she said, if she didn't catch this, they would have prevented us from getting on the ship! BTW, they are moving our cabin and my sons to the other side of the ship, where he will be across the hall from us. Thats no big deal, but it seems to me they would be going o/o their way to "make nice". Like I said in the beginning, EVERYONE with us is a "newbie cruiser". Bad PR in that, it shouldn't have happened in the first place, and that it wasn't caught by several agents. Well, going to put THAT behind me now and start counting the days. Thanks again.

This where a GOOD TA is valuable.

If this is the biggest problem you experience, you are a big winner.

Archived