Shape of silvercloud

ssummer

Has someone recently experienced a journey on "The Silver Cloud"? I would like to know if this ship recently has been updated, or if no, is it still in good shape? Thank you very much in advance for your time and help,

The Cloud went through an extensive dry dock a couple of years ago, with many improvements. The greatest, to my mind, was the conversation of bathtub/shower combos in most (but not all!) of the suites to showers only. The showers thus created were spacious and well laid out, with sit down benches, etc.

Has someone recently experienced a journey on "The Silver Cloud"? I would like to know if this ship recently has been updated, or if no, is it still in good shape? Thank you very much in advance for your time and help,

We experienced the Cloud from Oct to Dec last year and the results of the dry dock refurbishment were outstanding.Looking forward to joining our favourite SS ship on 4August for a month,if it is anything other than excellent we will let you know.

• 3 weeks later...

Just disembarked today after 9 wonderful days and nights. Might get around to a full review later... Ship and crew were even better than last time, I think. No complaints. Really liked the new bathroom remodels with the large showers. Great use of space.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

JP - Great to hear that The Cloud is still in good shape and that you have had a wonderful Cruise. We embark on 1st Sept for 3 weeks - it would be so helpful if you are able to Report who is Captain, Hotel Director, Restaurant Manager and Cruise Director.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Captain Tomasz Kulas, Hotel Director Marius Sima, Staff Captain Giacomo Castiglione. Can't remember the DR manager. Chef was Jerome Foussier and he was great.

Captain Tomasz Kulas, Hotel Director Marius Sima, Staff Captain Giacomo Castiglione. Can't remember the DR manager. Chef was Jerome Foussier and he was great.

Jp,

you know how it goes, get all the names and three weeks later, most have rotated to a different ship or taking time off. So why bother collecting names? Sure the captain stays at a much longer time but what’s the difference? Do you cruise based on who is steering the ship?

We skip around different ships and find the lecture person shows up on different cruises with us? The Cruise director jumping from the Whisper to the Wind? Actually it’s the company, “Silversea” that should provide qualified staff on all ships and not some being much better than others. The overall experience with staff, ship and cruise operations should be connected to the company’s overall experience, not a few individuals. O-well I know regulars like to follow employees they got to know but keeping track of them is senseless with their hectic rotations and schedules…..

I know you have two cruises on the Cloud, one you just finished and one coming up from Istanbul. We were going on after you but changed cruises and will now be getting off prior to you getting on at Istanbul.

So happy cruising, we just got off the Wind and hope the Cloud is in as good of shape as she was…..

Thank you JP for your helpful response.

Carefreecruiser - You are in essence quite right in your response and we are seldom disappointed whoever the Staff maybe - however on this occasion I did ask for a specific reason, unknown to you, so regard your generalised comment as being a little harsh. Do hope you enjoy your Cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Mayflower..missed you at the gangway in Southampton yesterday after an excellent month on the Cloud.David Lawton boarded as we were leaving,you lucky people,Gianni not due back after illness for 2/3weeks.Captain Tomasz a very pleasant and sociable captain a refreshing change to have a Polish leader.Food and service top quality in MDR and La Terrazza.M/D,s. Damien and Paul David were excellent.Reistered for a meet and mingle ,received the invite,turned up to find alternative group meeting taking place so that was that but it did not spoil a first class cruise with near perfect weather for Greenland,Iceland and UK.Enjoy.

Just disembarked today after 9 wonderful days and nights. Might get around to a full review later... Ship and crew were even better than last time, I think. No complaints. Really liked the new bathroom remodels with the large showers. Great use of space.

Mayflower1: we are seldom disappointed whoever the Staff maybe

Mayflower1: JP - Great to hear that The Cloud is still in good shape and that you have had a wonderful Cruise. We embark on 1st Sept for 3 weeks

Great to hear these and other updates' date=' details, etc., for the Silver Cloud that we enjoyed so much for Norway's scenic coast in July 2010. We are planning a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean combo [b']back-to-back sailing over 26 days[/b]. Will be in Suite 525 and am excited to see how the bathroom and other upgrades look and work out.

Keep the good tips, details and insights rolling along. Especially by Mayflower1 later this month. Much appreciated and interesting. Will get and post lots of new pictures on the Silver Cloud while doing, again, a live/blog for our adventures in early 2015.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 156,074 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

You are one savvy cruiser Terry. Excellent choice selecting suite #525. Perfect location without having to pay the mid-ship veranda price. Enjoy!

Appreciate the nice "savvy cruiser" comment from our friend from Colorado. Actually, to be honest, "lucky" might be the better, more accurate term. On both of these Silver Cloud cruise bookings, we took advantage of their current special offering of a two-level upgrade for booking a Vista price/cabin. We should have received a mid-ship balcony, but space was tight to get that exact location on both cruises. 525 was close enough. Agree that this is a handy location. Looking forward to our longest cruise so far. It will be a total of 26 days at sea. This will be only our sixth cruise. The two previously longest were Norway at 15 days on the Silver Cloud and 14 days earlier this year for Australia to New Zealand.

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 75,500 views for this fun posting.

enjoy a special itinerary on a special ship which was in excellent shape when we disembarked on Monday.

On another thread on this Silversea CC Board, this above item was posted by a UK resident. "Excellent shape" seems like a nice and very current report. Wanted to share here. brimary gave me some great info from doing an adventure in the Amazon last fall. Very helpful background and sharing.

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, you might look at this earlier posting that I did on the Italy board that shows many options and visual potentials for this city that is so great for "walking around", personally sampling the great history and architecture. This posting is now at 41,463 views and I appreciate those who have dropped by and tuned in.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226