MSC Magnifica picture heavy fun review -- 12 days British Isles incl. DIY port trips

Kreuzfahrtneuling

:D thanks Carol,

... I can't wait to get going .... lol, and to start a new review again afterwards.

Right now I'm getting nervous about the weather ... heavy rain would totally ruin pretty much all of my plans... no bad-weather alternatives this time ... wish us luck -- because the forecast says just that --- rain and thunderstorms for the days we wanna go:eek:!

Stef

Got my fingers crossed for you with the weather :)

Carol

:D thanks Carol,

... I can't wait to get going .... lol, and to start a new review again afterwards.

Right now I'm getting nervous about the weather ... heavy rain would totally ruin pretty much all of my plans... no bad-weather alternatives this time ... wish us luck -- because the forecast says just that --- rain and thunderstorms for the days we wanna go:eek:!

Stef

Don't trust the weather forecasts.

I've just returned from an eastern med cruise. All the forecasts were for cold, wet weather. So I packed accordingly.

I got sunburnt in Athens and 4 days later in Istanbul I was fighting against a blizzard!

Still loved every minute!

I so cant believe this I was planning a cruise on rcl last year and read all your accounts and loved them and now thinking of maybe an msc cruise and what is the first account I start reading and not realise at first its yours. Im up to page 9 and loving ittand hopefully have an msc cruise soon. Hope that you will be doing one for your up coming cruise. Thanks again for all your hard work.

I so cant believe this I was planning a cruise on rcl last year and read all your accounts and loved them and now thinking of maybe an msc cruise and what is the first account I start reading and not realise at first its yours. Im up to page 9 and loving ittand hopefully have an msc cruise soon. Hope that you will be doing one for your up coming cruise. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Lol -- muhahahah I'm everywhere;).

No, seriously, glad you like the new review as well as the old one:). and of course I'll be writing another review...cruising and review writing are sort of inseparable for me:D.

Stef

Have a great cruise on the MSC Armonia, I'm looking forward to your review from this lovely ship :)

How cool -- a Norwegian! Welcome!

I loved your youtube videos from the Armonia ... especially the one about the San Marco Caffe got me excited about our upcoming trip. Thanks!

Stef

WOW... What an epic journey. I've just spent the last three days reading from the start right through.

At times I was hanging on the edge of my chair, like a thriller waiting for the next page to load. To say that I really enjoyed it would be an understatement.

Perfect timing, as we embark on Magnifica in March. I'll be waiting for the next review with popcorn and beverages so I don't have to leave the computer.

Thank you for entertaining me and all of the other lucky readers, well done. :)

WOW... What an epic journey. I've just spent the last three days reading from the start right through.

At times I was hanging on the edge of my chair, like a thriller waiting for the next page to load. To say that I really enjoyed it would be an understatement.

Perfect timing, as we embark on Magnifica in March. I'll be waiting for the next review with popcorn and beverages so I don't have to leave the computer.

Thank you for entertaining me and all of the other lucky readers, well done. :)

:p thank you!:p

lol -- but the next review will be a lot shorter ... but hopefully long enough for a small serving of popcorn none the less:D.

Have fun on the Magnifica!

Stef

Has Tariq gone on his ski trip yet?

Nope, he'll meet up with the rest of the students on Friday evening somewhere between 6 and 7 pm. We'll drive him to the meeting point, hugs and waves for Mr. Grump and then we'll hurry back home to get our own luggage to go driving to our relatives' house, who live close to the Düsseldorf Airport. We were scared to attempt the three to four hour drive on the morning of the actual flight ... after missing the ship, we grew a teeensy bit more cautious:rolleyes:. So this way we'll get to our relatives' house around 11 pm and we'll probably have a fun remainder of the evening and then crash there to start to the airport in the morning.

:oLol -- so we'll all be on the road simultaneously ... Tarik heading south to the Alps and us heading west towards Velbert. Just that our poor baby will have to stay in the bus all night ... they have three bus drivers along taking turns. But I know from experience that he sleeps like a rock in cars or busses ... so I think he'll be fine.

:)2:)

Wishing you all a very safe trip tomorrow evening as you head in different directions. I know you will have a fantastic cruise ( and despite what Tariq wants you to believe i'm sure he'l enjoy himself too so don't worry). I can't wait to read all about it on your return. Enjoy the sunshine :D:D:D

Wishing you all a very safe trip tomorrow evening as you head in different directions. I know you will have a fantastic cruise ( and despite what Tariq wants you to believe i'm sure he'l enjoy himself too so don't worry). I can't wait to read all about it on your return. Enjoy the sunshine :D:D:D

Hey Cath,

You're back! How was Rome? Running over to your thread to check for pictures right away:).

Thank you! I'm all excited and just hope nobody will be sick ... the flu hit Germany real good right now...many hospitals not even admitting people anymore --- overfull. Sigh, sitting in a plane for 5 hours with tons of potentially sick people is a scary thought. I just don't want to spend the cruise inside the cabin sick .. or worse Tanja being sick:(. Thinking healthy thoughts and eating tons of fruits, hoping not to get infected:o.

Stef

Have a fabulous trip!!!!!

Something I do on planes during cold and flu season is to swab the inside of my nose with Neosporin. It keeps things moist, and catches some of the germs. I don't know if they sell this in Germany, but it is a gel that has antibiotics in it, usually used for scrapes and burns.

I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

thanks for the advice everybody!

I'll try not to get sick. :(Sigh... this morning Tarik came to breakfast looking like he had just been sentenced to lifelong sentence in prison ... the full load ... tears in his eyes and apparently a mean stomach ache ... do I need to worry? Will he really truly get sick ... or is it just the fear of the upcoming trip? Oh great... now I really feel like I'm the meanest mom in the world. I really think he'll be fine ... I really want to send him on the trip this evening... I already sent him to school besides his pitiful appearance this morning.... but what if I'm wrong and he really IS getting sick:(? Oh boy .....what to do:confused:?

Stef

whew, biiig sigh of relief. Kid just came home from school and is feeling better ... sort of seems he accepted his fate of actually having to join the ski trip afterall. :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

:pSigning off now everybody ... less than two more hours until we take the mandatory group picture at my parent`s house ... and then we are finally on the road ... miss me... I`ll be back soon , hopefully with lot`s of fun new stories to tell:cool:.

Stef