Bringing Beverages on Board?

scungileen

At one of our port stops on Divina, I watched a very interesting couple lugging on 3 2-litres of tonic, a grocery bag of liquor, 1 24 case of water and 2 24 cases of canned soda. All while smoking a cigarette, cussing at one another for not pulling their weight of the supply carrying.

Finally, they each sat one case of soda on the ground and slid them down deck 7 with their feet till they could get to a door leading inside.

It was the most entertaining thing all week!

So, I'd say someone was mighty lax at the port when they let them back on the ship. I'd have taken pictures but they looked like they could take me out. So I live with the memories. LOL

At one of our port stops on Divina, I watched a very interesting couple lugging on 3 2-litres of tonic, a grocery bag of liquor, 1 24 case of water and 2 24 cases of canned soda. All while smoking a cigarette, cussing at one another for not pulling their weight of the supply carrying.

Finally, they each sat one case of soda on the ground and slid them down deck 7 with their feet till they could get to a door leading inside.

It was the most entertaining thing all week!

So, I'd say someone was mighty lax at the port when they let them back on the ship. I'd have taken pictures but they looked like they could take me out. So I live with the memories. LOL

This might be one of the funniest things I have read here....and that is saying something.

This might be one of the funniest things I have read here....and that is saying something.

Ha, Rolloman. As I was typing it I thought, "nobody's gonna believe me." But it's the honest to gods truth. I thought it was hysterical and I just loitered slightly out of sight so I could watch the show. I have a witness! Good times!

The part about cussing each other for not carrying their share of the weight, while hacking on a cigarette..............cracked me up. What a visual...sorry I missed it. Well, if anything it may prove you can purchase at least some alcohol in a port and possibly bring it on board with no issue.

Edited by rolloman

The part about cussing each other for not carrying their share of the weight, while hacking on a cig..............cracked me up. What a visual...sorry I missed it.

It was a classic moment. Especially since they couldn't use their hands to hold the cig. It just dangled there and bounced with every kick of the soda cases on the ground. I think they were trying out MSC for the first time from their other preferred line.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on Divina on Jan 24th and witnessed folks bringing on 12 packs of soft drinks. I was surprised as I had called MSC prior to the cruise and confirmed that no beverages were allowed to be carried on. Apparently this policy has changed, at least on our cruise. Was told at the port that it was ok to bring abroad soft drinks, water, and one bottle of wine per adult. Really wished I had known this before boarding.

Suzanne

I don't think the policy has ever changed. There is the rules on one hand and there is the enforcing (or rather lack of) on the other hand!

The rule has existed for years, I've never seen them enforce it. The Israeli security never seem to care about stuff like that. Different matter if you bring on a weapon or something that could be used as a weapon though.

They don't really enforce any of their rules (apart from safety one). Probably no point with some of my fellow European nationalities, they tend to ignore rules and just do,what they want!

To bring wine on board the Divina last Saturday! Put a bottle in my hand luggage and one in my husband's. It was politely taken out and labelled and I got it back last night. Could have guzzled it down then I guess, but was too tired after a great cruise!!!

I've found that there's rules and then there are those who don't care. Carnival is a rules cruise line typically. However, in Europe, I freely took alcohol on and off with no issue. I even found this last year in the Caribbean they were the same way. From what I've been told is that the busier it is, the less places care. Shrug. I'm planning on getting a drink package because I'll drink my money in water at dinner on a Med sailing.

Hello,

Can anyone suggest any alcohol packages for Divina ship? I will be sailing Divina in Mediterranean for a week, and not sure what package to take. I am a wine drinker, no cocktails or beer, my mom drink only non-alcoholic drinks. I also drink a lot of water and I must have it my cabin at least one liter per night. Form what I have seen, same cabin must have same package. What would be most optimal package for our needs?

Hello,

Can anyone suggest any alcohol packages for Divina ship? I will be sailing Divina in Mediterranean for a week, and not sure what package to take. I am a wine drinker, no cocktails or beer, my mom drink only non-alcoholic drinks. I also drink a lot of water and I must have it my cabin at least one liter per night. Form what I have seen, same cabin must have same package. What would be most optimal package for our needs?

I would suggest you post this question in a new thread so that you can get the interest of all the users in this forum.

Hello,

Depends how much wine you want to drink, but possibly a wine package. Definitely a book of water vouchers since you want to drink lots of water.

Depends what your mum wants t drink non alcohol wise, it could just work with both of you having the basic Allegrissimo.

At dinner you could just order the bottle of wine you want and f you don't drink it all that night, they will keep it for you until the next and following nights until it is finished.

Although you have said what you both drink, it is hard to say for definite what lackage(s) would work without knowing just how much of that you will drink and when and where. Possibly no package will suit other than just a book for water.

Depends how much wine you want to drink, but possibly a wine package. Definitely a book of water vouchers since you want to drink lots of water.

Depends what your mum wants t drink non alcohol wise, it could just work with both of you having the basic Allegrissimo.

At dinner you could just order the bottle of wine you want and f you don't drink it all that night, they will keep it for you until the next and following nights until it is finished.

Although you have said what you both drink, it is hard to say for definite what lackage(s) would work without knowing just how much of that you will drink and when and where. Possibly no package will suit other than just a book for water.

Thank you. I will check Allegrissimo. I would like some flexibility with packages. Lets say, if I did not finish wine during supper, I would like to take it to my cabin. Then not sure if coffee is included for breakfast or also needs to be purchased?.

Thank you. I will check Allegrissimo. I would like some flexibility with packages. Lets say, if I did not finish wine during supper, I would like to take it to my cabin. Then not sure if coffee is included for breakfast or also needs to be purchased?.

Coffee is included at breakfast whether room service, MDR or buffet. I don't like it but as I invariably have Allegrissimo, don't care and get a decent one instead.

You don't get wine by the bottle with Allegrissimo justbthe glass. They will sometimes leave the bottle at lunch or dinner in the MDR particularly if you get Prosecco.