Looking for Private Guide_Santo Tomas

burm

We are looking for a private guide in Santo Tomas. My email to Gus was returned. Is he no longer available?

Any other suggestions?

We would like a full day tour of the most scenic areas and are not interested in visiting schools, banana plantations, tortilla factories, or attending lectures.

We will stick to the ship's tours in Guatemala unless someone else has a suggestion for a highly reputable guide. There don't seem to be too many choices for Santo Tomas. I don't blame you for wimping out. (No way would I pay in full unless a company has an impeccable reputation)

Let us know how it goes, please.

We will stick to the ship's tours in Guatemala unless someone else has a suggestion for a highly reputable guide. There don't seem to be too many choices for Santo Tomas. I don't blame you for wimping out. (No way would I pay in full unless a company has an impeccable reputation)

Let us know how it goes, please.

Burm, I will be on the Mayan Mystique cruise in Feb 2011. I too am having a hard time planning something in Santo Tomas. We are there so long and realize we have to do some type of tour, but nothing is jumping out at us. I was looking at the Eco hike but we are planning to something similar in Belize (booked through Oceania, so who knows if it will take off).

Maybe I will have to wait till we get there and see what the mood leads us too. I see we are the only ship scheduled to be in port that day, so I am hoping for a lot of availablity.

Let me know if you (or anyone else) finds anything good.

Burm, I will be on the Mayan Mystique cruise in Feb 2011. I too am having a hard time planning something in Santo Tomas. We are there so long and realize we have to do some type of tour, but nothing is jumping out at us. I was looking at the Eco hike but we are planning to something similar in Belize (booked through Oceania, so who knows if it will take off).

Maybe I will have to wait till we get there and see what the mood leads us too. I see we are the only ship scheduled to be in port that day, so I am hoping for a lot of availablity.

Let me know if you (or anyone else) finds anything good.

What have you got planned for your other ports? We have Victor Bodden booked for Roatan, cave tubing with Cynthia and Nacho in Belize, and Dzibanche ruins with Native Choice in Costa Maya. We are disappointed that we will have a short day in Cozumel, so will be taxi-ing to Chankanaab for snorkeling. Key West we are just going to wander around to re-visit some of our favourite places. For Grand Cayman, I am hoping to find a snorkeling tour that does not take us to Stingray City. Fun to do once, but not all the time.

Is your roll call any livlier than ours? I am very disappointed that our roll call is dead. Our favourite excursions in the past were always the ones we booked with CC friends.

Your roll call is not as dead as ours. I can't even find it under the roll call section, I have to link in from my thread subscriptions.

Grand Cayman and Cozumel, we are doing it on our own via a walking and taxi tour. I too wish we were in Cozumel longer.

Belize, we signed up for the Raiders of the Lost Mayan Caves through Oceania, I tried to do it privately but it is only available by cruise excursion if a cruise passenger (but I am looking up back up plans in case it doesn't run) I did call Oceania and asked them how far in advance they may know if it will or will not run and they assured me it will run, I'm not holding my breath...

Roatan we booked a private tour with Theris Dixon, she was once an employee of Victor and I have heard good things about her. Costa Maya we too are going with Native Choice. Key West on our own. And the big question is Santo Tomas? If you come up with anything interesting let me know, at this point I am leaning toward a ships excursion.

Here is hoping for livelier roll calls! Our final payment date is next week so hopefully after that.

Your roll call is not as dead as ours. I can't even find it under the roll call section, I have to link in from my thread subscriptions.

Grand Cayman and Cozumel, we are doing it on our own via a walking and taxi tour. I too wish we were in Cozumel longer.

Belize, we signed up for the Raiders of the Lost Mayan Caves through Oceania, I tried to do it privately but it is only available by cruise excursion if a cruise passenger (but I am looking up back up plans in case it doesn't run) I did call Oceania and asked them how far in advance they may know if it will or will not run and they assured me it will run, I'm not holding my breath...

Roatan we booked a private tour with Theris Dixon, she was once an employee of Victor and I have heard good things about her. Costa Maya we too are going with Native Choice. Key West on our own. And the big question is Santo Tomas? If you come up with anything interesting let me know, at this point I am leaning toward a ships excursion.

Here is hoping for livelier roll calls! Our final payment date is next week so hopefully after that.

When you decide about Santo Tomas, let me know because it sounds like we are doing pretty much the same things. :)

We were going to do the Raiders of the Lost Mayans tour as well. I can't remember why we switched. It sounds really neat.

Our Roll Call keeps disappearing too. It is only back now because I occasionally chat with myself on it to keep it alive. The second most active poster is someone who won't even be on the cruise. :p

Our Roll Call keeps disappearing too. It is only back now because I occasionally chat with myself on it to keep it alive. The second most active poster is someone who won't even be on the cruise. :p

Took your lead and posted on our roll call. Hope someone answers, there are now 6 posts (3 from me) I think we may have an empty boat....except that all categories up to A3 are sold out and A1 has a wait list, still room in the PH, may make for some good upsells....here's hoping!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going on this cruise, but I was searching for information on Santo Tomas and found this posting and thought I'd chime in with information I've found.

After trying unsuccessfully to contact Gus, I finally contacted him through this website: http://guatemala.gowithgus.com/ yesterday and heard back from him today (from this e-mail address: iracematurcios@gmail.com)

He said because there has been very little water in the Las Escobas Waterfalls, they are sending their guests across the border to Honduras for the La Lenca Waterfalls.

I attached a pdf of the information he sent me to this post.

I also found this blog with additional information/pictures: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog...1872/tpod.html

Hope this helps!

La Lenca Waterfalls Tour, Nov. 2010.pdf

you can find one,,,since didnt see any "hawking" of private tours when ship docked...this port is all there is unless you take some kind of tour....sort of out in the boonies....

Very sad to see such poverty ,,,but nice to see all parts of world, and maybe help their economy ,,a little...

Took bus tour and boat ride to San Felipe castle ....interesting,,but sadly,,,not a place I d return to....;)

Archived