Port days in the spa

Has anyone ever not left the ship at port and enjoyed a spa day? Do they offer specials on these days?

The GF went in for a massage on Freedom in St. Maarten in February. We left the ship for an excursion but got back fairly early. They apparently never charged us for her massage. That was "special" ;)

Has anyone ever not left the ship at port and enjoyed a spa day? Do they offer specials on these days?

Yes, I have and they do, but they won't admit it when you take the spa tour on embarkation day. I've heard of spa specials on port days later in cruises, but on Allure's eastern route I had to ask for one for the 2nd day of the cruise in Nassau. We had been to Nassau 4 times before and the day was our 30th anniversary, so I was given about $50 off a couples massage's published price, but it was still a sizable amount IMO. Later I did hear of other specials on port days, especially later in the cruise.

Yes the special I remember was pick 3 out of 5 options for a certain price. An example:

a facial of some type

scalp massage

neck and shoulder massage

ankle and foot massage

something else I can't remember

I chose the three massages, 50 min total. I enjoyed it, plus I used my C&A discount from the booklet if I remember right. I didn't make the appointment until the day the special was listed in the cruise specials flyer.

Yes the special I remember was pick 3 out of 5 options for a certain price. An example:

a facial of some type

scalp massage

neck and shoulder massage

ankle and foot massage

something else I can't remember

I chose the three massages, 50 min total. I enjoyed it, plus I used my C&A discount from the booklet if I remember right. I didn't make the appointment until the day the special was listed in the cruise specials flyer.

I did the same thing a couple years back on the Serenade. Had a really nice time at the spa. I think that special was for $99 at the time.

I did the same thing a couple years back on the Serenade. Had a really nice time at the spa. I think that special was for $99 at the time.

Chrystal,

Are you planning on taking the spa tour on embarkation day? If you could/would/think about it, when they show you the thermal suite area can you if they limit the number of couples/people they sell the package too? It was wondefull on Jewel, but most reports on Allure say its is overbooked. If they do say they limit it, I'd be curious as to the number.

Bill

Yup, that's what I believe I paid too. I'm hoping to do it again, but the next cruise is a year away. Sigh!

Someone listed all the daily compass---I went through every day for the allure for the eastern and found----Thursday had a ladies day spa special for 119 dollars. I can't remember everything that was in it but I have it down as something I want to do.. I will book mine for that day as soon as I board the ship.

Archived