Which Cruise Would You Choose?

I think you should take the 5 day, since cruising from Galveston is actually more expensive than it seems due to the high cost of getting to and from the airport (for 2 people it cost me about $300 for a shuttle in 2013). Since that cruise is already more expensive than your first option, adding in an extra $300 makes it even more so.

NCL actually sails from the Port of Houston, so getting to the cruise port from the airport won't cost nearly that much. If Galveston was in the picture, I agree with you 100% that it wouldn't be worth the expense of getting there from Houston.

OP, I'm gonna join the crowd that says go for the longer cruise. The ports of call are incredible. I'm anxious to "hear" what you decide. :)

NCL actually sails from the Port of Houston' date=' so getting to the cruise port from the airport won't cost nearly that much. If Galveston was in the picture, I agree with you 100% that it wouldn't be worth the expense of getting there from Houston.

OP, I'm gonna join the crowd that says go for the longer cruise. The ports of call are incredible. I'm anxious to "hear" what you decide. :)[/quote']

Ah! I did not know that :) In that case, 7 day!

It's funny. Whenever I start getting excited about a cruise I start to get obsessed with thinking about it and planning it.

My hubby enjoys cruising but he is not obsessed like me. In his opinion there are too many other types of vacations to have and cruising is just one of them. I think the cruising gives me good value for my money and we had a great time on the Allure & Oasis.

I also like Royal Cruises but I've been looking at NCL & Celebrity because they seem to be offering more deals than Royal. I wish I could stay with Royal so I could get higher status in the crown & anchor.

:)

Thanks everyone for all your feedback. I'll let you know my final decision.

We have cruised twice on Royal on the Allure & Oasis. On these 2 we had our older teens so they enjoyed the flow rider, the rock climbing that the zip line. But we really enjoy the pools, ports, night life with good entertainment of either bands, music or live entertainment.

How does Jade or Brilliance compare to Allure or Oasis?

Thanks

Sue

Having had cabin 9256 on Jewel I have to say take it! I had a different aft cabin reserved and when I saw 9256 come up I jumped on it pronto. It was so amazing! Huge and private, unsurpassed views. I think since it is just the two of you and you won't be running around with the kids you would spend more time on the balcony. With two kids in college (been there) and a wedding on the horizon you should relax and enjoy while you can and this is the balcony cabin to do it! There's nothing like having coffee/breakfast out there in the morning and the sunsets were spectacular. We brought a little speaker for our itunes and it was perfect. Because of our business we normally only take 4 or 5 night cruises so that's what we're used to. I think you got a nice price for the cruise. We've never had trouble with fog in Tampa but we normally cruise in Jan/Feb.

5 nights on the Brilliance would win for me. Especially the difference in dates - February vs December. We lived in Michigan for 3 years so I remember the never ending winters!

That's true. February is a great time to get away from the snow. December is just the beginning of the cold weather and you have the holidays to keep you busy.

Hi,

I planned on flying in on Friday and cruise departs on Saturday. I'm not crazy about Spirit but they are so much cheaper than Delta. I can get it for 156 on Spirit and 299 on Delta.

I do have to pay extra for each piece of luggage which is extra cost.

So many decisions...:)

Hi,

I planned on flying in on Friday and cruise departs on Saturday. I'm not crazy about Spirit but they are so much cheaper than Delta. I can get it for 156 on Spirit and 299 on Delta.

I do have to pay extra for each piece of luggage which is extra cost.

So many decisions...:)

You pay for each piece of luggage on Delta too.

I haven't been on either ship but would do the 5 day RCCL just based on the dates. I've always been in the longer is better cruise camp but in this case I would do the shorter cruise and spend a couple days on land in FL. The weather in AZ and FL are quite similar in February and temps in the low to mid 80's are spectacular. You'll be so happy you waited.