Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Pendent

slavearlen

That's a great story, thanks for sharing. I wondered how hard it was to drill a hole without breaking the plastic. :)

DH does that part, but I don't think it's too hard - he uses a dremel drill. He paints the C&A with clear nail polish before he drills since we've figured out the blue paint scratches off if you're not careful. Then he 'beheads' the swizzle sticks with a pair of kitchen shears, and files the edge smooth. Then I take over and put together the earrings. It's not really too hard, just a little time consuming!

Judy

DH does that part, but I don't think it's too hard - he uses a dremel drill. He paints the C&A with clear nail polish before he drills since we've figured out the blue paint scratches off if you're not careful. Then he 'beheads' the swizzle sticks with a pair of kitchen shears, and files the edge smooth. Then I take over and put together the earrings. It's not really too hard, just a little time consuming!

Judy

Those little swizzles are stronger than they look, I imagine -- good idea to paint them with clear nail polish. Someone suggested doing that with the C&A pins that have the little "diamond chips" in them to keep them from falling out. Too late for my pin, but I pass the information along. :)

I urge you to contact the Jewelers a couple of weeks prior to your arrival date. I planned on purchasing the all yellow gold last December from Imperial Jewelers. The only one available that day was the with diamonds. Yes you can bargain my dh got mine for 1100 with a nice omega. If you are looking for 're look for less' I saw them at Kay's fine Jewelry in St Maartin for substantially less but was much lighter more flat like a charm but looked good. When my friend saw it she emailed them so the white gold was available for her in February. Thanks for the heads up about the earrings & names of others stores that have them. If ever anyone finds them in sterling please share your information.

I urge you to contact the Jewelers a couple of weeks prior to your arrival date. I planned on purchasing the all yellow gold last December from Imperial Jewelers. The only one available that day was the with diamonds. Yes you can bargain my dh got mine for 1100 with a nice omega. If you are looking for 're look for less' I saw them at Kay's fine Jewelry in St Maartin for substantially less but was much lighter more flat like a charm but looked good. When my friend saw it she emailed them so the white gold was available for her in February. Thanks for the heads up about the earrings & names of others stores that have them. If ever anyone finds them in sterling please share your information.

Thanks for the information -- I now have another jewelry store to visit! :D

Thanks for the information -- I now have another jewelry store to visit! :D

Just what we need....another jewelry store to visit! Mr Ski told me just a little while ago that just this morning our salesman in St M called him to try to sell him a ring I had looked at back in April! Since I have a birthday the end of the month the salesman thought it would be a great surprise! LOL

I told Mr Ski we need to quit stopping to "visit". I always want to skip the stores if we aren't planning on buying. Mr Ski insists we stop just to say "Hello". Well guess what...I feel guilty so we usually end up buying! Golf or the beach is much cheaper!!! Then he says he will feel guiltier if we run into the salesperson on the street and haven't stopped to say "Hi". So guess we are just "stuck" buying jewelry. lol

Just what we need....another jewelry store to visit! Mr Ski told me just a little while ago that just this morning our salesman in St M called him to try to sell him a ring I had looked at back in April! Since I have a birthday the end of the month the salesman thought it would be a great surprise! LOL

I told Mr Ski we need to quit stopping to "visit". I always want to skip the stores if we aren't planning on buying. Mr Ski insists we stop just to say "Hello". Well guess what...I feel guilty so we usually end up buying! Golf or the beach is much cheaper!!! Then he says he will feel guiltier if we run into the salesperson on the street and haven't stopped to say "Hi". So guess we are just "stuck" buying jewelry. lol

What a terrible predicament you have! My heart bleeds for you.;)

For C&A Jewelry so far we have Ebay, A lucky lady that sails with Foxgoodrich, St Maarten= Kays fine Jewelry located at the port & downtown, DKGems When you get off the water taxi, walk to the Courthouse and go left on the main street. D K Gems is on the left-hand side of the street, maybe 2 blocks?. St Thomas = Imperial Jewelers downtown, Glitters at Havensight Mall. Falmouth = Jerwels & Time.

Edited by travelbuddies

It's a tough life, but somehow we power through. :D :D

For C&A Jewelry so far we have Ebay, A lucky lady that sails with Foxgoodrich, St Maarten= Kays fine Jewelry located at the port & downtown, DKGems When you get off the water taxi, walk to the Courthouse and go left on the main street. D K Gems is on the left-hand side of the street, maybe 2 blocks?. St Thomas = Imperial Jewelers downtown, Glitters at Havensight Mall. Falmouth = Jerwels & Time.

Good point, and one that is pointed out frequently to the RCI powers that be. :)

If I can remember how to add a photo I'll add one of the pendant hubby had made for me at Kay Jewelers in St Marrten. I have matching earrings that are smaller. He took a napkin from the ship and they worked out the design. The pendant was first then the next year the earrings. It is white gold and has sapphires for the blue line and diamonds on each crown point.

image.jpg.e45b92b26ce4d0d35f77df9c3ef04891.jpg

Sorry, I'm not sure what a C&A dinner suit is -- a real suit, or the studs and cufflinks that go on a tuxedo shirt? :confused::confused:

C&A is a clothing store in Europe, they used to be in the UK but are now only found in a handful of mainland European countries :)

I saw the all diamond pendant, matching earrings and possibly cuff links on Navigator last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's about time that Royal Caribbean "got the memo" that people wanted crown and anchor jewelry, and were just buying them at private jewelers!

(yes, I know that the stores are now contracted out. IMO, those managers are idiots for dropping the line of C&A jewelry in the first place)

C&A is a clothing store in Europe, they used to be in the UK but are now only found in a handful of mainland European countries :)

I saw the all diamond pendant, matching earrings and possibly cuff links on Navigator last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I remember that department store, thanks for clarifying. :)

It's about time that Royal Caribbean "got the memo" that people wanted crown and anchor jewelry, and were just buying them at private jewelers!

(yes, I know that the stores are now contracted out. IMO, those managers are idiots for dropping the line of C&A jewelry in the first place)

I so agree! It looks as though this jewelry being sold onboard is going to be popular -- at least with us! :D

I know sometimes you can find C&A items on ships but over the last 5 years It has been hit and miss for me. Seems like I see the pendant on someone who tells me 'oh I'm on a b2b and I got it onboard last week but they only had one'. Maybe RCI ships will have them in stock if they think we will buy. Good deal for the the guys too. I can see them saying their wife or girlfriend would just love it. Then surprise! I can speak from experience last year when my dh bought my pendant & omega from Imperial Jewelers the sales staff & sales manager told me I was part of the family, treated me very special & made it a fun experience when shopping onboard. They thought maybe I would be willing to buy their one of a kind his & hers watches with the crown & anchor on the face for a discount bargain price of $4000. Pretty obvious to me why they weren't selling. When they decide to carry very few items because it's a "collector's" piece over priced & hard to sell. I bet if they sold a nice size pendant in sterling for $100 they would fly out the door.

I have wanted one of theses for years now. We don't cruise Royal until next year and are going to Europe. I can't just drive to the Islands!

Does anyone have any idea on how to order or have one sent to me?

Now that Royal has decided to carry them, do you think there is any way I could contact someone at Royal and order one? Who runs the onboard stores?

Any idea or suggestions would make this gal VERY happy.... and put an end to poor DH's endless hunt!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Girl on a mission here!:):):)

I have wanted one of theses for years now. We don't cruise Royal until next year and are going to Europe. I can't just drive to the Islands!

Does anyone have any idea on how to order or have one sent to me?

Now that Royal has decided to carry them, do you think there is any way I could contact someone at Royal and order one? Who runs the onboard stores?

Any idea or suggestions would make this gal VERY happy.... and put an end to poor DH's endless hunt!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Girl on a mission here!:):):)

You can contact Imperial Jewelers in St. Thomas here http://www.imperial-jewelers.com/contact-us/

Here is a picture of mine.

photo.jpg.07c0de7192fac9edd6c53f0fa7f43c12.jpg

Edited by cruisenfever