Laundry aboard Norwegian Sun

Jeffsey500

Hello all

I have a question about Laundry aboard the Norwegian Sun. NCL keeps giving out conflicted answers. One minute there are laundry rooms, the next minute there are not. Thjis continues with ironing. NCL reservations says, bring your own iron, there are none on board. Travelocity's contact says do not bring an iron, but there are free ones that can be borrowed. I'm getting incredibly confused now., so if somebody knows, please help!!!!!:confused:

I have sailed twice on the Sun and there was no self service laundry. You can have it done for you for a fee.

You cannot take an iron onboard as it is a fire hazard. Onboard you can call for the use of an iron and ironing board, they will deliver it and come back and pick it up a short time later.

Hello all

I have a question about Laundry aboard the Norwegian Sun. NCL keeps giving out conflicted answers. One minute there are laundry rooms, the next minute there are not. Thjis continues with ironing. NCL reservations says, bring your own iron, there are none on board. Travelocity's contact says do not bring an iron, but there are free ones that can be borrowed. I'm getting incredibly confused now., so if somebody knows, please help!!!!!:confused:

There is no self service laundry aboard the Sun, they have a laundry service you pay for. You may certainly bring your own iron, if you are in a suite, iron and board are part of the service. Enjoy!

As others have stated, there is no self serve laundry on board the Sun. I think sometimes the customer service people get confused about the different ships. I do believe you can borrow an iron on board. Have a great cruise. :)

As others have stated, there is no self serve laundry on board the Sun. I think sometimes the customer service people get confused about the different ships. I do believe you can borrow an iron on board. Have a great cruise. :)

This sums up everything correctly.

The reason that they'd rather lend you their iron than have you bring your own (which is prohibited in your passenger contract, no matter what the often underinformed CS people say) is that irons are a huge fire hazard and they want to keep track of them. Apparently people in higher-priced rooms don't create fire hazards...LOL.

If you happen to be taking this ship in Alaska, I always haul my laundry off in Skagway and do it at the convenient laundry mat on State And Second. I'm on the Sun next month and will be doing it. :)

I have sailed twice on the Sun and there was no self service laundry. You can have it done for you for a fee.
Usually, there is a laundry special once a week. Everything that you can fit into one of those paper laundry bags for a flat rate of $25. No dry cleaning, but shirts get ironed and put onto hangers etc. A bargain. The record that I know of is almost $80 worth of laundry into the one bag that day.

No laundry and no weekly special when we were on the Sun a few weeks ago - cost us $80 to get a bag of washing done. We wouldn't have bothered normally except we were going straight from the ship onto the Rocky Mountaineer and had no choice. I wouldn't do it again - it would have been cheaper for us to buy new clothes. Mummsie:eek:

This sums up everything correctly.

The reason that they'd rather lend you their iron than have you bring your own (which is prohibited in your passenger contract, no matter what the often underinformed CS people say) is that irons are a huge fire hazard and they want to keep track of them. Apparently people in higher-priced rooms don't create fire hazards...LOL.

" The reason that they'd rather lend you their own iron...........". Could you please supply some evidence regarding the NCL contract.

:confused: :confused:

" The reason that they'd rather lend you their own iron...........". Could you please supply some evidence regarding the NCL contract.

:confused: :confused:

I beg your pardon; I stand corrected. It appears they have removed the language forbidding candles and irons from both the passenger contract and the Welcome Aboard booklet--or if it's still there, I can't find it.

Archived