Divina cabin 9070

Davidonaboat

Hi can anyone tell me if this is a glass fronted balcony or metal? Pictures would be amazing if anyone has them. Cheers guys

Stand by to be amazed!!!!

By flipping an image of the port side to make a "starboard side" view and refering to the deck plans I can guarantee that 9070 has a steel balcony not only that it has a smaller than average opening

All tha balconies on deck nine forward of the point where the ship narrows are steel

The life boats are level with deck 7 so you can count up from there. Or counting from the top , remembering there is no deck 17 you can locate deck 9 that way. NB the bridge is on deck 13 ,lucky the Italians are superstisious about 17 not 13 hence no deck 17 nor any cabin with the number ending 017

So here is the image and the relevant part of the deck plan

9070.jpg

90701.jpg

Hope you agree with my system for determining the nswer

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you and yes I'm amazed lol..... Although slightly disappointed with my cabin, booked this ages ago and just assumed with my cabin grade it was a glass front, I wonder what I can do to get a glass fronted balcony?? Any suggestions? Without paying loads extra lol

Stand by to be amazed!!!!

By flipping an image of the port side to make a "starboard side" view and refering to the deck plans I can guarantee that 9070 has a steel balcony not only that it has a smaller than average opening

All tha balconies on deck nine forward of the point where the ship narrows are steel

The life boats are level with deck 7 so you can count up from there. Or counting from the top , remembering there is no deck 17 you can locate deck 9 that way. NB the bridge is on deck 13 ,lucky the Italians are superstisious about 17 not 13 hence no deck 17 nor any cabin with the number ending 017

So here is the image and the relevant part of the deck plan

9070.jpg

90701.jpg

Hope you agree with my system for determining the nswer

Pete

Thank you and yes I'm amazed lol..... Although slightly disappointed with my cabin, booked this ages ago and just assumed with my cabin grade it was a glass front, I wonder what I can do to get a glass fronted balcony?? Any suggestions? Without paying loads extra lol

Talk to your travel agent or MSC if you booked with them and ask to move , within cat. 8 or see if you could move up to cat. 9 although it may need a dip into the old wallet but i don't think it will be too much but will probably be worth it as that balcony is very restricted in view and the amount of possible sunshine.

Talk to your travel agent or MSC if you booked with them and ask to move , within cat. 8 or see if you could move up to cat. 9 although it may need a dip into the old wallet but i don't think it will be too much but will probably be worth it as that balcony is very restricted in view and the amount of possible sunshine.

I'm going to for sure..... Can't stay in that cabin and while I'm on ill try and get moved to port side to watch sail away out of Venice.

I'm going to for sure..... Can't stay in that cabin and while I'm on ill try and get moved to port side to watch sail away out of Venice.

The sail away from Venice is fabulous . i've done it 4 times , the last was on Divina in Oct just gone, and I've always specified a port cabin.

Are you doing teh Venice to istanbul itinerary?

The sail away from Venice is fabulous . i've done it 4 times , the last was on Divina in Oct just gone, and I've always specified a port cabin.

Are you doing teh Venice to istanbul itinerary?

Yes really looking forward to it, so you would defiantly recommend port side? I got confused when booking lol!

Must admit I'm very interested to try the MSC experience I've heard such mixed reviews..... I'm easily pleased so I'm sure ill love it.

Yes really looking forward to it, so you would defiantly recommend port side? I got confused when booking lol!

Must admit I'm very interested to try the MSC experience I've heard such mixed reviews..... I'm easily pleased so I'm sure ill love it.

Definitely port side out of Venice

I love MSC and always enjoyed every cruise with them (8 in total on 6 of their ships).

If you want to see my review of that cruise ( but bear in mind I was in YC) you can find it here

it has loads of photos plus a couple of videos and a link at the bottom to a lot of other photos. The first part won't be too relevant other than what the YC is like but there should be something of interest in the rest of it. Any other info you might need I've possibly got

So just ask.

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4472

My balcony

90702.jpg

pete

Edited by Skier52

Balconies at deck 9 and 10 are Cat 7 and 8 standard balcony respectively. The price difference should be less than $30pp. To move up to deck 11, the so called superior balcony, the price difference could be quite substantial.

Depends on OP's sail time and the original price he paid, it could be within the 75 days final payment due date, and hence a cheaper last minute rate might already became available (if there's any available+desirable deck 10 portside balcony).

Yes, never harm to ask the TA to find out.

Edited by sthelder

Balconies at deck 9 and 10 are Cat 7 and 8 standard balcony respectively. The price difference should be less than $30pp. To move up to deck 11, the so called superior balcony, the price difference could be quite substantial.

Depends on OP's sail time and the original price he paid, it could be within the 75 days final payment due date, and hence a cheaper last minute rate might already became available (if there's any available+desirable deck 10 portside balcony).

Yes, never harm to ask the TA to find out.

Balconies on Deck 9 are mostly Cat. 8 whilst those on Deck 10 are mostly Cat.9 as I said in my original answer, NOT Cat. 7 and 8 as you say

deck910.jpg

Pete

You are right, seems like they have created an additional balcony category for Divina. Just hope this deck move will not cost too much for OP.

Splendida and Fantasia have 8 Cat 12 cabins called balcony Suites on deck 12, They are very nice , 50% bigger than any other balcony cabin( except the disabilty cabins), I've stayed in them twice on Splendida.

Divina and Preziosa don't have this type of cabin so they have obviously "created" an extra Cat of balcony cabin on those two ships, by shuffling up some of the grades; eg Divina Cat 12 is Splendida's Cat 11.

Pete

Spoke with my TA and the lady I spoke with is trying to get me moved up a grade without a charge..... I bribed her lol I said get me moved up a deck & grade and ill book on the NCL breakaway for next year! Lol

Splendida and Fantasia have 8 Cat 12 cabins called balcony Suites on deck 12, They are very nice , 50% bigger than any other balcony cabin( except the disabilty cabins), I've stayed in them twice on Splendida.

Divina and Preziosa don't have this type of cabin so they have obviously "created" an extra Cat of balcony cabin on those two ships, by shuffling up some of the grades; eg Divina Cat 12 is Splendida's Cat 11.

Pete

Really enjoyed your review

Can you do your thing and show me where 13047 is please? got upgraded to category 12 deck 13.

cheers

Definitely port side out of Venice

I love MSC and always enjoyed every cruise with them (8 in total on 6 of their ships).

If you want to see my review of that cruise ( but bear in mind I was in YC) you can find it here

it has loads of photos plus a couple of videos and a link at the bottom to a lot of other photos. The first part won't be too relevant other than what the YC is like but there should be something of interest in the rest of it. Any other info you might need I've possibly got

So just ask.

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4472

My balcony

90702.jpg

pete

Really enjoyed your review

Can you do your thing and show me where 13047 is please? got upgraded to category 12 deck 13.

cheers

Sorry about the delay in answering but I've been away at my daughter's house with no computer!!!!

Antway here is the image you want

13047.jpg

Pete

I had a similar experience, but fortunately saw a you tube video taken of the cabin next to the one we had booked, and have now changed cabin.

At the time I booked, the MSC website picture on the Divina page was not the Divina, but one of the sister ships which has a smaller bow bulkhead shield. I booked directly with MSC, through the local South African office, and the annoying thing was that they insisted that the cabin did have a plexiglass bulkhead - despite me sending them photos as per those on this thread.

The happy ending is that we were able to change at no additional cost.

But it was very fortunate that I happened to chance on the video showing an adjacent cabin because the steel bulkhead balcony would have been a huge disappointment.

Looking at 8005 (the porthole), is there any chance it also has a "secret balcony" similar to the aft oceanview cabins on deck 13?

Or just my imagination running wild, seems to me 8006s are different to the same category 5 oceanview on deck 5.

MSC0910814_MED.jpg

Edited by sthelder

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know where cabin 9162 would be roughly on the above photos and if it would a glass or steel balcony

Here you go one editted picture.

9162 isn't on the picture you refer to so here is one I made specially

This is of course MSC FANTASIA, I presume that is the ship you are interested in

Looking hard at the image I'd guess at it being a glass balcony but that is only a guess

9162.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Divina's 9162 will be the one next to the "hump" section, i.e. to the aft of Fantasia's 9162.

Divina's 9162 is a category 6 balcony, whereby the balcony is a little "shallower" than category 7 and above balcony.