Looks Official...Porterhouse Steak Gone!

Kreeb

After hearing rumors, checked Carnival's site and called up Steakhouse Menu...the Porterhouse is no longer on it. Apparently another one of CutMan Cahill's smooth moves. They just sneaked this one in with no mention on FB or the Grand Poobah's Blog.

After hearing rumors, checked Carnival's site and called up Steakhouse Menu...the Porterhouse is no longer on it. Apparently another one of CutMan Cahill's smooth moves. They just sneaked this one in with no mention on FB or the Grand Poobah's Blog.

Who knows with all the bum information on the Carnival site? If you click on the MDR menu tab the menus from 7 years ago are still posted and list the black tiger shrimp cocktail every night. I emailed Carnival's press and marketing departments four months ago informing them of the old menu issue and got a generic auto response. Lame. :(

OMG :eek: How dare they. The world is coming to an end. I'm NEVER sailing Carnival again!!!!! They didn't even ask my opinion or permission.

:)

Not surprising

Ccl has done wonders with different. It's of meat

Looking foward to what they can do with snoot , knuckle and ear

Now let's hear it

Any day on the water is better than a day at work

As long as Im not cleaning or cooking....

I never go hungry ....

Sure beats burger king....

Next up for 2012. Lubster and Bef

Not surprising

Ccl has done wonders with different. It's of meat

Looking foward to what they can do with snoot , knuckle and ear

Now let's hear it

Any day on the water is better than a day at work

As long as Im not cleaning or cooking....

I never go hungry ....

Sure beats burger king....

Next up for 2012. Lubster and Bef

that's called scrapple

To be called a Cowboy Steak the steak must be cut from a selected beef short loin. Therefore, it has to be either a Porterhouse (the first one or two cuts), a T-Bone, or a Club (the last one or two cuts).

The Private Reserve Bone-In Ribeyes reach glorious heights of juiciness and flavor further enhanced by the presence of the bone. This steak, often called the "Cowboy Steak", will not only delight you and your guests with its flavor and tenderness but is also a work of art. The Frenched style will provide you with the most elegant presentation.

I think someone is looking for something to complain about. Sounds like a good steak to me. I don't think they have "lowered the standards", just changed the menu.

OMG :eek: How dare they. The world is coming to an end. I'm NEVER sailing Carnival again!!!!! They didn't even ask my opinion or permission.

:)

If you can't dispute the message, disparage the messenger. :rolleyes:

18oz Cowboy Ribchop < 24oz Porterhouse

A bone in ribeye is often called a cowboy steak, or cowboy ribeye.

Correct many places called a bone in ribeye that has been frenched

A cowboy ribeye ( one of my favorites)

But we are talking carnival here

They serve a chateaubriand in the mdr ... It's in name only as its from the shoulder ( just like the flat iron)

Rib eye is good but the porterhouse is better.icon7.gif

I so disagree.

The only part of the Porterhouse I like is the tenderloin, so I'd just order fillet mignon.

But, a good ribeye is even better than that :)

Archived