Private Guide or Small Group Tour for Liverpool Beatles/City Highlights Combination

MalibuCA

My husband and I will be cruising on the Symphony, and we will be in Liverpool on July 1, 2015. We are looking for a private guide, who can provide us with a tour that combines both Beatles history and Beatles sites with city highlights. While I love, love, love the Beatles, I'm certain that Liverpool has more to offer than strictly Beatles history. Similarly, I can't possibly visit Liverpool and not experience something Beatles. Can you recommend a private guide in Liverpool, who can provide us with the kind of tour we are seeking? I am posting this to the UK board, too, but I always find my greatest CC thinkers here on the Crystal Board.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Shelley

Thanks, TowncarT! This is very helpful. You may not be a tour guide, but you should consider changing professions! You definitely know your city. I will follow up on what you have here. Do you think it's necessary to have a private guide to really learn about Liverpool, or is it sufficient wandering and soaking up the atmosphere at the locations that you suggest?

Thanks,

Shelley

Thanks, TowncarT! This is very helpful. You may not be a tour guide, but you should consider changing professions! You definitely know your city. I will follow up on what you have here. Do you think it's necessary to have a private guide to really learn about Liverpool, or is it sufficient wandering and soaking up the atmosphere at the locations that you suggest?

Thanks,

Shelley

The tour guides are excellent, whether they be the 'Blue Badge' guides or the taxi drivers, and they certainly add another dimension to your visit, but I think Liverpool is a city that you can just wander around and enjoy at your own pace. Because it is a city that grew up around the port, most of the major points of interest are very close to the waterfront.

Over on that Liverpool ideas thread I have suggested several self-guided tours that you can do. I regularly review that thread so if you have any questions just post them on there and I'll get back to you. T:)