buffet at Barefoot Beach reviews

sucramfree13

I wanted to know how people liked the special buffet for suite guests. I keep hearing the regular buffet is terrible. I know there is little difference between the two but does the few upgrades made on the buffet make it any more appetizing?

Oh and I know this is slightly of subject, but I just read a post saying Nellie's Beach is becoming apart of Barefoot Beach. Have you heard anything about it?

I wanted to know how people liked the special buffet for suite guests. I keep hearing the regular buffet is terrible. I know there is little difference between the two but does the few upgrades made on the buffet make it any more appetizing?

Oh and I know this is slightly of subject, but I just read a post saying Nellie's Beach is becoming apart of Barefoot Beach. Have you heard anything about it?

The buffet at Barefoot Beach is much better. It has premium items such as steak, shrimp and lobster. They are in the process of building more cabanas but they are not ready yet. If memory serves me correctly....they are building another 25 cabanas in the other beach area. They should be ready soon.

The food at Barefoot is better, but even more importantly, it's not very crowded and there aren't long lines waiting. We've been to Barefoot twice (GS) and tot he regular buffet once and I much prefer the Barefoot buffet. In Nov we will again be in a GS on Explorer and will be going to Labadee. I can't eat seafood due to allergy, but the steak and chicken they usually have is good too.

We had a cabana on our last cruise in March of last year. The buffet wasn't very good in my opinion. We did not have any lobster there. The steak was dry and tough. On the bright side it was not crowded at all.

Loved the cabana though! But next time I think we're going back to the ship for lunch.

The buffet at Barefoot Beach is much better. It has premium items such as steak, shrimp and lobster. They are in the process of building more cabanas but they are not ready yet. If memory serves me correctly....they are building another 25 cabanas in the other beach area. They should be ready soon.

Not sure of the beach names, but does that mean the beach ( that was for all passengers) next to Barefoot Beach, will now be a suite only beach? Thanks. M

I assume this post is in regards to Labadee right? Because there is a barefoot beach on Coco Cay but there is no buffet on that section of beach that I'm aware of.

Yes, this is about Labadee.

Not sure of the beach names, but does that mean the beach ( that was for all passengers) next to Barefoot Beach, will now be a suite only beach? Thanks. M

Nellie's Beach? I've read a couple of posts about new cabanas. My guess is they will not be suite only, but possibly for anyone to rent. We enjoyed our cabana in Oct and plan to rent another one in Nov.

Nellie's Beach? I've read a couple of posts about new cabanas. My guess is they will not be suite only, but possibly for anyone to rent. We enjoyed our cabana in Oct and plan to rent another one in Nov.

Don't need a cabana or upgraded lunch - this is the beach area we enjoy. I hope it is not taken away.

M

We had a cabana on our last cruise in March of last year. The buffet wasn't very good in my opinion. We did not have any lobster there. The steak was dry and tough. On the bright side it was not crowded at all.

Loved the cabana though! But next time I think we're going back to the ship for lunch.

What cabana did you get?

We really enjoyed the buffet and seating. No crowds, steak and baked potatoes, salad. We had a fabulous time at barefoot beach. A perfect day! (and the cabanas are heavenly)

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to get a sense if it is just my wife and me whether we need a cabana or not. We are GS guests so I take it we can get to Barefoot Beach no problems. But whether or not to pay extra $ for two of us for a cabana... that part I can't figure out.

Can anybody confirm whether we are able to just get beach loungers with an umbrella? Thanks!

We really enjoyed the buffet on Barefoot Beach when we were there in November. We also LOVED our cabana. The food was hot and cooked well, imo. I loved that there were baked potatoes, and the boneless skinless chicken breasts were awesome.

383211_2342347476099_1172332413_32201052_1681949510_n.jpg

Archived