Air France Premium Economy

sailingmickey

Trying the same thing for our river cruise but it's on an AF 777-300. Not enough miles for business right now :( and this has, at the least, more room. It gets "ok" ratings.

The best I've heard of for premium econony is Open Skies which only goes to Paris. Their PE is like business class on most other airlines!

In my opinion, it is worth it just for the more comfortable seating. Don't expect anything else. The food and service are identical to economy and they won't let you use the business class lavatories. British Air seems to have the best seating in this category that I have experienced. I have tried Delta, BA and AF premium economy.

JJ

I flew on Air France in Premium coach June of 2011 out of LAX nonstop to Paris and loved it! Sorry I can't remember what aircraft it was. The seats had plenty of leg room, kind of like domestice business class, and also had footrests. The service and food was the same as regular coach. All the seats were in a separate area which was nice and made me feel special. I thought it was way worth the price!

We flew it last year from ATL to Paris to Budapest and back. Really enjoyed it. Got to board first with first class, separate security lines, use of lounges for legs completely within Europe. More room than economy. We are going back this year and flying it again to Rome and the back from Amsterdam. We think it is worth the price...around 1750 round trip.

Seatguru is a great resource. I do not book PE on planes with a 3/5/3 seating configuration but will sometimes opt for it on 2/5/2.

I normally book Delta's Economy Comfort for value and the extra leg room is nice.

We flew Lufthansa in November for the first time in years and the plane did not offer a PE section. As much as we were impressed with Lufthansa, the seats were horrible and we will not fly them again, even though they provide direct service from our home airport to Frankfurt.

We are looking at OpenSkies for our upcoming trip in December.

Go to seatguru.com and find the airline and aircraft. They have a detailed description of each seat!

Unfortunately, seatguru isn't always accurate. If you put in your flight number, I have found that the info for which plane is flying the route doesn't jibe with the airline's own info in many cases.

Unfortunately, seatguru isn't always accurate. If you put in your flight number, I have found that the info for which plane is flying the route doesn't jibe with the airline's own info in many cases.

It is not perfect but better than anything out there that I have found except for FlyerTalk, and that you have to dig around to get info.

Archived