Alexandra Cruiser this is for you

Brisbanelionsfan

Hi Alexandra Cruiser, I have noticed for some time you have been a little concerned with your choice of Scenic Cruises, with the floods and lock strikes there has been a lot of negative reports about the cruise line.

We have just finished a cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam on the Scenic Jewel and it was the most amazing holiday, we could not have asked for anything to be better. I had thought it was going to be good, but it was much better than I imagined. We have been on a lot of ocean cruises and the staff on Scenic were the best we have ever come across. The cabin (deluxe balcony) was absolutly beautiful with lots of room and a fantastic bathroom with a glass shower screen (this is a big deel as most ocean cruises have plastic shower curtains) The food was very good to excellent and the champagne was good quality (also important to me). We had docking only once on the entire cruise, saw Viking ships docked up to four ships at a time quite a lot. Our cruise director was excellent and everything ran very smoothly. I must add that the dinner at the castle was the only low point in the entire trip, it was just too crowded and noisy for us.

I hope this puts your mind at ease somewhat and as we are still in Europe and won't be back in Australia until until the start of October, I will gladly answer any questions then.

Cheers Sue

Hi Alexandra Cruiser, I have noticed for some time you have been a little concerned with your choice of Scenic Cruises, with the floods and lock strikes there has been a lot of negative reports about the cruise line.

We have just finished a cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam on the Scenic Jewel and it was the most amazing holiday, we could not have asked for anything to be better. I had thought it was going to be good, but it was much better than I imagined. We have been on a lot of ocean cruises and the staff on Scenic were the best we have ever come across. The cabin (deluxe balcony) was absolutly beautiful with lots of room and a fantastic bathroom with a glass shower screen (this is a big deel as most ocean cruises have plastic shower curtains) The food was very good to excellent and the champagne was good quality (also important to me). We had docking only once on the entire cruise, saw Viking ships docked up to four ships at a time quite a lot. Our cruise director was excellent and everything ran very smoothly. I must add that the dinner at the castle was the only low point in the entire trip, it was just too crowded and noisy for us.

I hope this puts your mind at ease somewhat and as we are still in Europe and won't be back in Australia until until the start of October, I will gladly answer any questions then.

Cheers Sue

I REALLY appreciate your taking the time to post this review.And it DOES make me feel better about my choice.With so many cruise lines,it helps to have someone that actually has been on one recently to review it and give great advice.

Sure others will also feel better now.Thanks again.Alexandra:)

I must add that the dinner at the castle was the only low point in the entire trip, it was just too crowded and noisy for us. Cheers Sue

Hi Sue -

Where was the castle dinner that you felt was crowded/noisy?

Fran

Hi Fran,

I can't remember the name of the town, we have been travelling for two weeks after the cruise in three countries, and are in Scotland now, so have lost the name in the blur of town after town, but it is the only castle dinner offered on the 2 week trip, most people got off and did the dinner, the smart ones stayed on the ship and it sailed to a pick up point up the river.

Cheers Sue

Hi Fran,

I can't remember the name of the town, we have been travelling for two weeks after the cruise in three countries, and are in Scotland now, so have lost the name in the blur of town after town, but it is the only castle dinner offered on the 2 week trip, most people got off and did the dinner, the smart ones stayed on the ship and it sailed to a pick up point up the river.

Cheers Sue

That would most likely be Marksburg Castle at Braubach.

We sailed on the Crystal from Budapest to Amsterdam on 26 June this year.

We were one of the first cruises to 'get through' relatively unscathed. We did have one inconvenience, and that was the evening at Marksburg Castle where we left the Crystal and were transferred to the Ruby for the last 3 days of the tour.

Scenic needed to get the ships back in 'order' after the flood. (We were originally scheduled to sail on the Pearl, and were fortunate not to have experienced any of the lock strikes)

We had a wonderful tour, the staff were the best and we were well looked after. The food was really nice and it was nice not having to pay for our drinks! They had cocktail, mocktail and a martini of the day.

We were down the back on the middle floor and had no problems with engine noise, fumes etc.

It was wonderful to know that everything was inclusive, we only needed money to buy souvenirs if we wanted.

I want to go again, and I would chose Scenic again in a heartbeat!

Sue and Nixmuts -

Thanks so much.

Don't think we get that dinner - as we are only sailing between Budapest and Nuremberg. I thought the Palais Lichtenstein event was only a drink and entertainment - but was wondering if that was the castle you were talking about.

We leave next week - and are very excited. This is our 2nd cruise with Scenic - although the first totally "all inclusive".

Fran

Archived